British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Another one... You want to swap places with me as well, yeh, hm ? No, i thought not Think before you post..

you must understand starman that there are other posters on the forum who have had serious health problems,some not as bad as yours some far worse,but they havnt used it as an excuse to be rude.i wish you well for the future but if you post on the forum its likely i will disagree with you on occasion and you with me,its always been your rudeness ive primarily objected to   

• Like 9

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The hasty reuntroduction of rolling averages to include 2017 meetings mustve been for a reason

Perhaps there was some caught wind of who was planned to be released when Holder could return and it was decided to make it more difficult.....

I'm going to assume it's because of the bad weather, teams wouldn't be getting new averages for ages. Somerset have still only ridden 1 home match in the league and haven't got another home meeting for 2 weeks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Really, put yourself in my position pal. You might miss a few things out as well.

Not sure it's anything to do with the position you are in.

• Like 1

So Poole have sacked James Shanes and brought in Stefan Nielsen :blink:

What a crazy move.     The sign of a desperate struggling team I guess.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

You just cannot help yourself can you. Small wonder why i do not reply to posters like you, and many others on here.

Chill out, this was not aimed at you, but a bit of harmless fun at Steve's expense. However if I I have offended you, I apologise. As for you condition, I have lost a family member to it, so no way would I take it lightly or make fun of it.

• Like 1

Cant believe Poole have got rid of Shanes.

Build a top heavy team and then expect a 2 pointer to get 5 or 6 a meeting because the top end isnt performing.

Ford says its for a month then Shanes might come back in................if i was Shanes i would tell him to stick it where the sun doesnt shine and concentrate on Sheffield

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Mr X said:

I SAY I SAY I SAY....what's got 14 legs, got bigged up just like Poole did in the Star and is utterly crap this season....

IPSWICH

glug glug GAVAN.... got any ideas how to sort your mess out instead of ours?  

Oh sorry this isn't the Ipswich slag off thread????

Oh and just while were debating.......................Ipswich currently 2nd in the league...............been a while since Poole have got that high....pr1ck

I can see the thinking, as a short-term move that may bring a few more points from that reserve slot. Then it will be a matter of working out the permutations once the averages have kicked in, at which point Shanes might well be back.

Of course, missing those top-flight matches will hardly help him in the interim while being dropped is not exactly a confidence booster either. And, as alluded to elsewhere, it's a bit harsh when a top-heavy team fails (so far) to perform and it's the two-pointer whose neck feels the axe.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Cant believe Poole have got rid of Shanes.

Build a top heavy team and then expect a 2 pointer to get 5 or 6 a meeting because the top end isnt performing.

Ford says its for a month then Shanes might come back in................if i was Shanes i would tell him to stick it where the sun doesnt shine and concentrate on Sheffield

So would i. What he probably means is Nielsen might do better until he can juggle things around, then if all they can fit in after the team re build is Shanes, he will be asked back... I'd say probably not.

So I take it Holder's "problems"in the UK  might run for another month yet ?

I can see it all coming together at once for Poole, like magic ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Ford says its for a month then Shanes might come back in................

Although of course, if you drop a rider they can't be broughht back in the same season.... unless we're ignoring that rule.

The rule of course is there for this very reason, to stop a team dropping a rider, waiting a month for the averages to change and then fiddling him back in.

• Like 3

Not too surprised Poole have made a poor start to the season and James Shanes is the obvious target.

James is improving rapidly with every meeting at Sheffield, and winning and scoring more points will build his confidence after he has got over the disappointment of been dropped his confidence will grow.

He is not the first to be dropped like this and he won't be the last.   

shanes  the  sacrificial lamb whilst the other foreign scrap under perform

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Chill out, this was not aimed at you, but a bit of harmless fun at Steve's expense. However if I I have offended you, I apologise. As for you condition, I have lost a family member to it, so no way would I take it lightly or make fun of it.

No problem, thank you for your honesty Beowulf, i have been through an horendous time, it will take me about 18 mths to be myself again, so im still in recovery mode and on edge, and this is part of my distraction, as well as me racing. Im sorry to hear of your loss, its not nice when that happens, my condolences to you. What happened to me puts a different slant on life which could happen to anybody. The tumour was 2 inches round and benign  but it could have been oh so much worse, and ive been very lucky so far but its still scary and hard.  Thank you again.

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Oh and just while were debating.......................Ipswich currently 2nd in the league...............been a while since Poole have got that high....pr1ck

Oh my im all upset.....and I thought we wuz fwends Gavan..

Don't like it when you're own club comes under fire do you Gavan pet.  Infantile reply coming.

Edited by Mr X

14 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

No problem, thank you for your honesty Beowulf, i have been through an horendous time, it will take me about 18 mths to be myself again, so im still in recovery mode and on edge, and this is part of my distraction, as well as me racing. Im sorry to hear of your loss, its not nice when that happens, my condolences to you. What happened to me puts a different slant on life which could happen to anybody. The tumour was 2 inches round and benign  but it could have been oh so much worse, and ive been very lucky so far but its still scary and hard.  Thank you again.

I can only wish you the very best with your health.

• Like 1