Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

Not too surprised Poole have made a poor start to the season and James Shanes is the obvious target.

James is improving rapidly with every meeting at Sheffield, and winning and scoring more points will build his confidence after he has got over the disappointment of been dropped his confidence will grow.

He is not the first to be dropped like this and he won't be the last.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Chill out, this was not aimed at you, but a bit of harmless fun at Steve's expense. However if I I have offended you, I apologise. As for you condition, I have lost a family member to it, so no way would I take it lightly or make fun of it.

 

No problem, thank you for your honesty Beowulf, i have been through an horendous time, it will take me about 18 mths to be myself again, so im still in recovery mode and on edge, and this is part of my distraction, as well as me racing. Im sorry to hear of your loss, its not nice when that happens, my condolences to you. What happened to me puts a different slant on life which could happen to anybody. The tumour was 2 inches round and benign  but it could have been oh so much worse, and ive been very lucky so far but its still scary and hard.  Thank you again.

Edited by Starman2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Oh and just while were debating.......................Ipswich currently 2nd in the league...............been a while since Poole have got that high....pr1ck

Oh my im all upset.....and I thought we wuz fwends Gavan..

Don't like it when you're own club comes under fire do you Gavan pet.  Infantile reply coming.

Edited by Mr X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

No problem, thank you for your honesty Beowulf, i have been through an horendous time, it will take me about 18 mths to be myself again, so im still in recovery mode and on edge, and this is part of my distraction, as well as me racing. Im sorry to hear of your loss, its not nice when that happens, my condolences to you. What happened to me puts a different slant on life which could happen to anybody. The tumour was 2 inches round and benign  but it could have been oh so much worse, and ive been very lucky so far but its still scary and hard.  Thank you again.

I can only wish you the very best with your health.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ray c said:

waiting for 4 home and 4 away meetings so then we will be able to fit holder in ?. no mention of chris in the article though strange

Heard what (could be) the real reason Holder isn’t riding in the UK......not good if true.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scottyfan said:

Heard what (could be) the real reason Holder isn’t riding in the UK......not good if true.

For him or for Poole ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Cant believe Poole have got rid of Shanes.

Build a top heavy team and then expect a 2 pointer to get 5 or 6 a meeting because the top end isnt performing.

Ford says its for a month then Shanes might come back in................if i was Shanes i would tell him to stick it where the sun doesnt shine and concentrate on Sheffield

nothing wrong with Nielsen for Shanes, a very good rider, and ENGLISH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Oh and just while were debating.......................Ipswich currently 2nd in the league...............been a while since Poole have got that high....pr1ck

but the trophy cabinet is very empty and dusty..pr1ck

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

nothing wrong with Nielsen for Shanes, a very good rider, and ENGLISH

it's more that Shanes is the one taking the blame for Poole's poor form

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I didn't think James would be the one going. Hope he's back in a month then and Stefan puts himself in the shop window if he's only here for a little bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

but the trophy cabinet is very empty and dusty..pr1ck

..and what they've got must be all rusty.....

Edited by Mr X
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s shocking but given the knee jerk reactions last year signing terrible replacements - it doesn’t surprise me.  Feel really bad for Shanes - pity he can’t ride for Swindon as he is at Sheffield on a Thursday.  Why keep Spanner?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to recall just after I joined the BSF a particular Poole fan posting this when another club made an early change. 

panic.jpg

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×