British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Just watched the Belle Vue v Swindon meeting, wouldn't it be a joy to have Belle Vues track at Wimborne Road?

Or Dan Bewley in the team?

Dan bewley for me what a talent the track awesome as well we can only dream 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Gavan is the helmet

Uh, he has always worn Troy Lee Designs helmets as far as I know!

• Like 1

On the subject of Josh G poor form.

Could him giving up Champ in an all out attempt to break into POL (Nice 1) have any bearing on it.

I saw in a recent interview he said he was spending up to 4 days a week in POL and was in effect living out of a back pack. We know he applied and got his POL licence and he said he was doing a lot o practicing out their to prove to the Poles he was worthy of inclusion, although those few matches he has ridden in were hardly impressive.

Josh is a rider who for years has done well in the pressure cooker of riding every few days (if not more) in both Champ and Prem and also was well noted for taking on plenty of guest bookings at the last moment for teams with rider shortage due to injuries etc. Bottom line though he was based in UK and not constantly trundling off to POL/SWE etc.

May not be any connection but not coincidental that by changing a proven routine where he was on the bike every couple of days in Uk has been swapped by living out of a back pack between POL and UK every few days without that guaranteed routine of plenty of rides.

Just a thought.

Well if that is what Josh is doing it is affecting his UK form badly.

As mentioned a more than competent rider in Champ and Prem and much admired especially at Rye where he guested a lot a few seasons ago.

16 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Definately, we will be fine, if all poole fans keep the faith, it will come..  we just need Chris back to stoke up the side.  A point is good tonight.

Just Chris coming back isn't the answer.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Gavan is the helmet

ah thanks .....enjoy your day at school

• Like 4

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Just Chris coming back isn't the answer.

And what else do you suggest with the averages we have to play with. ?

Poole will definitely start climbing the table now with this team and I am sure will strengthen even more whether it is with CH or someone else.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

And what else do you suggest with the averages we have to play with. ?

In my view the team will be rebuilt to the 42.5 average , like for like replacements won't work as most of the riders have dropped their average and I would like to see Richie kept, already looks a good addition after one meeting!

Edited by foreverblue

I would think matt would not have waited for chris if he had realized this saga would have taken this long with other riders struggling to get going our season is in jeopardy imo

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

In my view the team will be rebuilt to the 42.5 average , like for like replacements won't work as most of the riders have dropped their average and I would like to see Richie kept, already looks a good addition after one meeting!

Any suggestions then ?

19 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Its going to be interesting as a lot will be to do with timing. If he gets it right he could well bring in an 8 pointer plus Chris H to replace both Sundstrom and Grazoniak and get within the 42.5 limit. I know it sounds crazy but for that also to happen Brady MUST keep his 20 meeting rolling GSA below 8. Timing again dictates he has to achieve that over the next home meeting and maybe also the one after against Wolves depending on when Matt would juggle all the figures for a redeclaration. His official GSA prior to last night was 7.64 and after yesterday crept up to 7.67. Fortunately its gauged over the last 20 meetings.

Of course Spaniak and Woryna have crept up to 4.92 and 5.08 and will probably go up again against Rye House and Wolves ?? - However to offset that Sundstrom has gone down to 5.33 as fortunately for team building purposes his 10 bonus points don't count on the GSA's.

I am sure that Matt has all of the figures well in hand as he contemplates maybe building/redeclaring the team within the 42.5 point limit.

As a footnote I assume Nielsen will keep his 3.67 point limit irrespective come the new GSA's effective after the meeting with Wolves on 23/5 as he would not have ridden the 4H&4A meetings to qualify for a new GSA come 1st June. Another small bonus as his 2 meeting GSA has crept up to 4.5 and may climb a bit higher after 2 home meetings.

Having said all this there is of course the small matters of 1) Can he afford an 8 pointer 2) Would one want to come to the UK anyway with so many already committed to POL/SWE/DK/SEC/SGP/National Team and all the SGP qualifiers riders such as Piotr Pawliki will be trying to qualify for.

The next 2 weeks definitely going to be interesting.

Loving all the Poole ducking and diving and keeping this average or dropping that, but let’s face it, you’re doomed. :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I know it sounds crazy but for that also to happen Brady MUST keep his 20 meeting rolling GSA below 8.

One 8 pointer per team only applies to initial declaration.

13 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Loving all the Poole ducking and diving and keeping this average or dropping that, but let’s face it, you’re doomed. :)

Nuh its called keeping the forum topic interesting.

It might work or it might fail. Who knows, but for those of us genuinely interested in the sport doesnt do any harm to try and engage in sensible dialogue rather than personal peeing contests ;-)

• Like 3