British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, OldRacer said:

One 8 pointer per team only applies to initial declaration.

Is this still a grey area or not as brady was just over 8 at the start of the season 

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Is this still a grey area or not as brady was just over 8 at the start of the season 

The rules differentiate between initial declaration and other declarations.  One eight pointer only applies to initial declaration.  I am sure the BSPA have a great reason for such logic in their rules...

18.5.1 A SGB Premiership Team’s initial Declaration must not exceed 42.50 and may include ONLY one rider with an MA of 8.00 or above.
18.5.2 An SGB Championship Teams initial Declaration must not exceed 42.50. A rider with a 2017 Premiership MA of 6.00 or above cannot participate in the Championship League unless they have a 2017 Championship MA, except where a rider has been previously eligible to compete in the Conference or National Development League and their MA fits for them to participate in both the Premiership and Championship.
18.5.3 It must not exceed 42.50 points in any declaration following the issue of established CMA’s for 2018, except where the MA of the introduced rider is equal to, or lower than the rider being replaced.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Any suggestions then ?

Loads but depends on availability, I am sure Matt Ford has a plan.

29 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Loving all the Poole ducking and diving and keeping this average or dropping that, but let’s face it, you’re doomed. :)

we scored a point more than Swindon last night and a easy 3 more coming up tomorrow so not doomed no..

18 minutes ago, OldRacer said:

One 8 pointer per team only applies to initial declaration.

Brady seemed to be working on that last night!

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Lets hope its better than Baldrick's :D

Edited by blupanther
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

we scored a point more than Swindon last night and a easy 3 more coming up tomorrow so not doomed no..

Hardly a strong defence - considering Poole were racing against Rye House.  Both teams looking for the wooden spoon currently!

1 hour ago, blupanther said:

Matt has been known for his cunning stunts

I think thats what I mean anyway..... :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Hardly a strong defence - considering Poole were racing against Rye House.  Both teams looking for the wooden spoon currently!

The  only way is up! 

1 hour ago, blupanther said:

I hope so too! I am sure it's a cunning plan! 

Edited by foreverblue

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

He had a plan at the begining of the season that failed how many plans has he got

Brady and his team being literally slaughtered in Sweden.

Losing 42-18 away and another not so good night for Brady. 4 points from 4 rides with no bonus and one excl. Got a feeling he may not get a 5th ride but could be wrong.

Hope he is better when back on UK soil tomorrow. Holder a bit better although his team losing AGAIN... 6 paid 7 from 3. Woryna not so good in same team with 3 paid 4 from 3. Sundstrom 4 plus 2 from 3 rides. He certainly racks up some bonus points this guy.

But as we know overseas form means nothing in UK as certain posters have made mention of many times.

5 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Brady and his team being literally slaughtered in Sweden.

Losing 42-18 away and another not so good night for Brady. 4 points from 4 rides with no bonus and one excl. Got a feeling he may not get a 5th ride but could be wrong.

Hope he is better when back on UK soil tomorrow. Holder a bit better although his team losing AGAIN... 6 paid 7 from 3. Woryna not so good in same team with 3 paid 4 from 3. Sundstrom 4 plus 2 from 3 rides. He certainly racks up some bonus points this guy.

But as we know overseas form means nothing in UK as certain posters have made mention of many times.

For a moment thought you might have said how good Lambert is doing in the same meeting :D 

2 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

He had a plan at the begining of the season that failed how many plans has he got

One would think that after last season he would have better quality lined up IF he can afford it and IF they want to come to UK. After what the BIG PR disaster of the 70th Anniv rain off - what it cost to fly in and accomodate all those guest plus the big dinner - rain offs and the loss of a no doubt profitable BH meeting against Somerset. Throw in the fact he openly admitted he had to cut back costs (hence we all know why no team kevlars). Factor in poor possible attendances with the poor start. Loss of revenue in general.

Who knows what his plans will be, but I am sure he will want to avoid another failed season or I fear he may consider dropping a league (or two) or maybe even getting out of the biz ?? Hope not but I am sure even now he has been thinking of options long term as the sport seems to be diving deeper with dropping fan support in UK Speedway since the fixed day agreement and bad weather losses. If its his main source of revenue being a full time owner/promoter with his min source of income it seems a thankless task trying to stay at the top of his game when riders around him drop form like its raining stones. Notwithstanding issues such as the CH visa situation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sommelier said:

For a moment thought you might have said how good Lambert is doing in the same meeting :D 

Hey - Come on this is a Poole 2018 forum ;-)

In fairness he is doing well in SWE and POL and seems to have upped his game in UK.

To indulge you though - yes 9 points from his first 3 rides is indeed good. Which begs the question why is Brady Kurtz not doing similar.

Maybe this is the season young Robert steps up to the plate all over Europe. Hope so as British Speedway needs a lift in respect of up and coming riders on the World stage (beside Woofie who is already established).

• Like 1