British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Maybe, but we cannot take anything for granted. They are still there to be beaten. And with 3  ex poole riders im sure they will want to put on a show.

Poole will win well. Another 3 points to add to the 1 at Rye. Looking better all ready. A few Poole fans will have changed their tune soon ;) Poole will make the top 4. I'd bet on it.

In a surprising admission Peter Snow admits that his Smugometer may not be working properly:

Up to and including                        
  Monday, May 14, 2018                        
    M W D L 4W 3W D 1L L F A Pts
1 Wolverhampton 5 4 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 257 193 13
2 Swindon 6 2 0 0 1 1 0 0 2 275 264 13
3 Belle Vue 6 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 280 260 12
4 Rye House 6 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 242 298 9
5 Leicester 4 2 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 195 165 7
6 King's Lynn 4 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 187 173 7
7 Somerset 5 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 205 245 5
8 Poole 6 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 2 248 291 5

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Right, but that doesnt mean he automatically wanted to ride for Poole, maybe there was a reason why Matt didnt sign him, maybe Piotr was a bit indecisive about coming here, then by the time Matt had concluded his team it was to late. Many senirio's posibly.

I never said he did anyway he was lumbered with over 8 average ps I always thought everybody wanted to ride for us :D

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

No worries tomorrow Rye House are awful away

What, like last year's visit! ?

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Haha funny. 

true though.

Must be a home win for Poole, Rye House are really struggling away,only 97 points scored from 3 meetings. 56 - 34

5 hours ago, Argos said:

If a rider sighs for a club must it be for a minimum of 28 days?

Whats the matter, getting cold feet now are we...  Keep the faith pirate fans, we will come good.

I am starting to think more and more that an 8 pointer may be on his way, if the supposedly twice spotted Piotr Pawliki in Poole rumour is true. For me the current team stats would also back it up. Although surprisingly Poole on the website have been a bit slow to update the GSA's after last nights meeting even though they have updated the league table. Makes me think, I wonder why. Maybe trying to keep some of the planning under the current radar as still Wolves at home to go before the new rider revised GSA's apply under the 4H - 4A rule ??

My take on it (for what its worth) and for those who like playing the numbers game.

Firstly I think Nielsen having only recently been signed will keep his season assessed 3.67 as he would only have ridden 4 meeting after the last qualifying meeting next week. Not the 4H- 4A so will keep 3.67. If so I reckon we could have.

B.Kurtz on approx 7.60 after last night on his 20 meeting rolling GSA AV

C.Holder 7.16 (His starting GSA having not ridden)

Woryna at approx 4.91

Mats Spaniak 4.95 (Is Kacper close to dropping into the reserve slot ???. I wouldnt complain if thats how it pans out).

Nielsen hopefully retained ?? at 3.67

Mystery rider 8.00 ??

I calculate those 6 to total approx 36.29 leaving 6.21 to get to the 42.5 limit.

Now rather interestingly Sundstrom is on target for a new GSA after his 4H - 4A of about 5.66 - Grazoniak is on target for about ??? he was on a 20 match rolling GSA of 6.62 after Mondays match and would have dropped slightly but not by much after last night. Arguably doesnt fit in a  redeclared side IF Matt is thinking along these lines. Sund would fit with his reassessed GSA.

Of course these are just my thoughts. Other opinions are available ;-)