British Speedway Forum

52 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Good to see Hans Andersen and Jack Holder going through to the next round of gp qualifiers. If only Poole would have kept those 2 who knows how they would have got on this season

Kept. We never had Jack Holder. But im sure that will change next season..

49 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Couple of observations from the weekend with 2 of our new riders.

Sundstrom scored only 2 points from 4 rides despite Gorzow firing in 53 team points. Cant help wondering how long they will persevere with him before they drop the guy. Hasn't done anything in the 6 matches he has ridden. My concern is that he isnt really doing that well in any League so its not just a UK thing. Will he improve ??

Spaniak dropped by Rybnik again Sunday for second time in 6 matches (embarrassing considering he is their number 1).. So Spaniak isnt really riding anywhere at the moment except Poole. Who would have thought that based on his last seasons form. He is sitting on a 4 match av of 4 per 5 ride av.

Still its a long season, but even so the stats don't lie.

To be fair, Poole’s new riders have only done the same as everyone else who moves to Poole: RETIRED. :)

Good to see 3 Poole riders getting some extra track time this evening - Richie Worrall for Leicester and Brady and Josh for Belle Vue.

• Like 1

Just now, OFMiles said:

What a joke. Brady and Josh both unbeaten after two rides each

I have been told points scored when guesting don't count to a riders average :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

I have been told points scored when guesting don't count to a riders average :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Who'd of thought it eh!! :D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OFMiles said:

What a joke. Brady and Josh both unbeaten after two rides each

What will we get Wednesday? 

26 minutes ago, ray c said:

What will we get Wednesday? 

Poor scores this Wednesday. Big scores from there on in!

Interesting article in the Bournemouth Echo.

Sundstrom out for Gavin.
Gavin in for Kurtz. 

Middlo has decided to take the rest of the 2018 season off and will be replaced by Gavin.

Holder is having visa issues and so Worrall is to be replaced by Gavin. Grajczonek has finally been replaced by Gavin (long overdue imo) and Szczepaniak has been replaced with Gavin. Woryna's recent performances were too good for Gavin and so he has been replaced by Gavin.

The only rider to remain is Nielsen, whose new team manager Gavin claims is "our greatest asset". Gavin has also announced that he intends to replace Gavin, Gavin, Gavin, Gavin, Gavin and Gavin with some poorly scoring English riders as this is "the right thing to do" and "is the right thing for Britain". He is also petitioning a complete ban on any black riders, or riders who have an accent unlike his own, joining the British league.

Gavin was quoted as saying "Nick Morris, Nick Morris, Nick Morris".

Edited by BurntFaceMan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Kept. We never had Jack Holder. But im sure that will change next season..

I seem to to recall Jack riding for us last season, not very well true but he was in the team.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Interesting article in the Bournemouth Echo.

Sundstrom out for Gavin.
Gavin in for Kurtz. 

Middlo has decided to take the rest of the 2018 season off and will be replaced by Gavin.

Holder is having visa issues and so Worrall is to be replaced by Gavin. Grajczonek has finally been replaced by Gavin (long overdue imo) and Szczepaniak has been replaced with Gavin. Woryna's recent performances were too good for Gavin and so he has been replaced by Gavin.

The only rider to remain is Nielsen, whose new team manager Gavin claims is "our greatest asset". Gavin has also announced that he intends to replace Gavin, Gavin, Gavin, Gavin, Gavin and Gavin with some poorly scoring English riders as this is "the right thing to do" and "is the right thing for Britain". He is also petitioning a complete ban on any black riders, or riders who have an accent unlike his own, joining the British league.

Gavin was quoted as saying "Nick Morris, Nick Morris, Nick Morris".

I’m sure there is medication you can take bless you. Would hate to see the men in white coats take you away 

Brady Kurtz loving the Belle Vue track tonight... 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I watched both meetings. Sundstrom was very unlucky in his meeting. In his first ride he was with Wozniak team riding. But Wozniak didn’t look once for his partner and on the third lap rode wide squeezing Sundstrom who lost all speed, had to adjust racing line and lost speed which sent him to the back. In his next he was second but entering bend three of lap two Musiliak tried to drop it on him, Sunstroms dirt deflector touched Musiliaks front wheel and the Pole did a dying swan ala Kildemand after thinking about it for a second or rwo. Extremely harsh call which incensed the home support. He was worth a much better score but that’s speedway for you.

In the other meeting Cook got a paid max but the opposition were absolutely pish. 

Don't get me wrong Steve as I would prefer both (and the rest of the team for that matter), rode to what their ability supposed to be otherwise Matt would not have signed them.

However the figures don't lie. Whichever way you look at it Sundstrom in 8 POL matches last year achieved 4.5 and this year its 4.6 from 6 matches. I accept that maybe there are times when he didnt have the luck or something happened but you can use that argument for lots of riders. The fact is that in his last 14 POL EXL matches he has achieved only 4.5/4.6. Perhaps that is his true level in that League and will always fall short of a real breakthrough at top level ??. Even is SWE Elite he scored 12 from 9 rides this season. OK add a couple of bonus points. Even so hardly heat leader scores.

Maybe he will improve but can't help thinking maybe he is a 5/6 point man and his soon to be new GSA reflects that.

As for Spaniak. I dont quite get it. IF he is there number one then against one of (if not the) weakest team in the league, it would surely have made more sense to have him ride as there were nailed on to win anyway. It would have done him good to have hopefully scored plenty of points and also done his confidence some good after some inept performances for them so far. Instead they put Cook in who has proved his worth which may now affect Spaniak getting back in the team even if he is there supposedly No 1 (or was). Yes they have a squad system but I don't get why drop the guy at home to arguably the weakest team. Maybe they want to justify signing Cook in the first place and give a kick up the backside to Spaniak. If they dont then Spaniak only has UK as not in SWE/DK/SEC or SGP.

Anyway. Hopefully we will get some insight into what the team plans are end of this week. Maybe also some news on Chris Holder. Havent seen anything since this alleged injury. I saw the match (all in Polish) and didnt realise he had an injury. All I saw were plenty of shots of Holder brothers sitting or standing with sour faces as there team got hammered again. Also NKI didnt look too happy (I supposed at being replaced) but that was before he got some rides due to both Holders being replaced during the meeting. (Which I thought viewing it  was down to their poor riding for Torun).

Is Holder injured and is it short term ?? - Is his Visa almost fixed ??. Seems always too many questions on the guy last 2 seasons but let's hope there is a resolution one way or the other shortly, same with whatever Matt is planning second half of the season.

How much longer can we go on with waiting for Chris 2 meetings  next week puts us a third through the season ?

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

How much longer can we go on with waiting for Chris 2 meetings  next week puts us a third through the season ?

I can't see Matt waiting much longer, in fact i'm surprised he's waited this long... Unless he has a plan of course :wink:. Maybe it will become clearer after Wednesday.