British Speedway Forum

31 minutes ago, ray c said:

Even more dangerous when the bikes are our side of the fence ?

Didn't worry me I thought it was fun and a great thing to do and we all loved it. The Poles as we know are mad but in a good way, I remember in 2004 world cup final security had to drag them down from the top of the floodlight tower!!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

So come 30th May without Stef Poole have 6.07 to play with, not that much really. I see Matt Ford is in talks with an asset, THJ perhaps? 

8 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

So come 30th May without Stef Poole have 6.07 to play with, not that much really. I see Matt Ford is in talks with an asset, THJ perhaps? 

The asset is Josh Auty.

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The asset is Josh Auty.

I didn’t realise that. I see he’s been booked in to ride next week 

6 minutes ago, ray c said:

Never new auty was an asset ?

Was under the impression he was only cover for Monday and thought Matt was in negotiation with another Poole asset which he would have news on next week following Mondays meeting after which he says the riders new GSA's will be known. 9Thats what the SGB release said). Wouldnt surprise me if its Klindt but he is on a Danish contract and has ridden all 3 matches out there so far on a WED. Unless of course more money on offer here with more meetings as he is UK based.

Now i am not being padantic on that BUT yes Monday is before end of the month being 28th BUT this is how i read the SCB rules set out in assessing riders/new riders GSA's. I  was under the impression it had to be a cut off the 23rd of each month. Hence why I have posted comments about it. Rules shown below

16.2.1.4 Updated MA’s will be calculated monthly on a rolling basis on all eligible meetings, up to and including 23rd of the month to become effective from the 1 st of the following month. 16.2.1.5 NDL Established MA’s are issued when a Rider completes 4 NL Meetings (irrespective of whether home or away) to be effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting. 16.2.1.6 A SGB Premiership or Championship assessed League rider will establish an MA after 4 Home and 4 Away fixtures, becoming effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting

Is Matt incorrect - has the SGB release been made out of context or are the SCB who write the rules incorrect ??

I ask as if the new GSA's are set AFTER Mondays away meeting at Wolves then chances are the riders GSA's for june will probably drop again.

Team spirit at this club is beyond a joke. 

Best wishes to Stefan and a pat on the back to Richie Worrall who was the only Poole rider checking on Stefan.

Where the f was the rest of them when a team member was lying on the track with a broken leg?

Richie deserves a permanent contract for actually caring and should also be handed the captains role. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Team spirit at this club is beyond a joke. 

Best wishes to Stefan and a pat on the back to Richie Worrall who was the only Poole rider checking on Stefan.

Where the f was the rest of them when a team member was lying on the track with a broken leg?

Richie deserves a permanent contract for actually caring and should also be handed the captains role. 

Clearly you have no idea of the rules. Team manager and captain only ones allowed on track to support injured rider. As josh was in the heat, Worrall went and checked on his mate. Riders would just get in the way of medics.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Was under the impression he was only cover for Monday and thought Matt was in negotiation with another Poole asset which he would have news on next week following Mondays meeting after which he says the riders new GSA's will be known. 9Thats what the SGB release said). Wouldnt surprise me if its Klindt but he is on a Danish contract and has ridden all 3 matches out there so far on a WED. Unless of course more money on offer here with more meetings as he is UK based.

Now i am not being padantic on that BUT yes Monday is before end of the month being 28th BUT this is how i read the SCB rules set out in assessing riders/new riders GSA's. I  was under the impression it had to be a cut off the 23rd of each month. Hence why I have posted comments about it. Rules shown below

16.2.1.4 Updated MA’s will be calculated monthly on a rolling basis on all eligible meetings, up to and including 23rd of the month to become effective from the 1 st of the following month. 16.2.1.5 NDL Established MA’s are issued when a Rider completes 4 NL Meetings (irrespective of whether home or away) to be effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting. 16.2.1.6 A SGB Premiership or Championship assessed League rider will establish an MA after 4 Home and 4 Away fixtures, becoming effective 7 days after the last qualifying Meeting

Is Matt incorrect - has the SGB release been made out of context or are the SCB who write the rules incorrect ??

I ask as if the new GSA's are set AFTER Mondays away meeting at Wolves then chances are the riders GSA's for june will probably drop again.

Meetings up to and including the 23rd of the month are included in the new GSA's and are applicable from the 1st of the following month so Mondays meeting will have no bearing on June's GSA's 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Didn't worry me I thought it was fun and a great thing to do and we all loved it. The Poles as we know are mad but in a good way, I remember in 2004 world cup final security had to drag them down from the top of the floodlight tower!!

True, but what if a kid just ran across when they did it? Stadium just trying to cover themselves in case of any accidents. But it was amazing to see that though, I didn't even realise they were doing it til they went right past me!!

8 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Meetings up to and including the 23rd of the month are included in the new GSA's and are applicable from the 1st of the following month so Mondays meeting will have no bearing on June's GSA's 

Didnt think so which raises the question why did Matt allegedly say it.

Wont really affect much as maybe Ford is thinking after Monday of having the 2 Poles at reserve anyway with any team changes/redeclaration. Or he could be thinking of binning one of them ?? Cant believe Woryna would be going though.

Just think last night was a missed opportunity to have Woryna at reserve for at least a month. Having said that Spaniak in the main team ??? - No thanks, not the way he is riding.

Maybe Auty and Woryna as reserves - could be a lot worse in that department the way Auty has ridden this season for Scunthorpe, he's been punching in plenty of high scores to date. 

Just got to wait for any team change news to break next week I assume ?? 

Don't think there will any changes until June 13 when we are home to king's Lynn josh auty just booked as a guest for our 2 meetings next week I presume ?

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

True, but what if a kid just ran across when they did it? Stadium just trying to cover themselves in case of any accidents. But it was amazing to see that though, I didn't even realise they were doing it til they went right past me!!

Then the parents would be to blame. I understand the Stadium would see it as a issue but we go overboard these days with safety. 

• Like 1

You Poole fans worry me your discussing team changes etc and polish riders doing burnouts ,when the real news is you have a rider who has been a breath of fresh air since his arrival has now been confirmed as a broken tib and fib  so Stefan Nielsen hope all your treatment goes well and wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you back on the track soon Get well soon Stefan

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Then the parents would be to blame. I understand the Stadium would see it as a issue but we go overboard these days with safety. 

motor bikes one side of the fence people the other side it may have been fun but out of order