British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yep. Many times. Would be easy to go back and find the posts if I wanted to waste some of my life.

Well you have a spare evening now Steve ;)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ray c said:

You have always said that James is rubbish 

In the heat of the moment when frustrated after Poole have taken a battering somewhere. 

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yep. Many times. Would be easy to go back and find the posts if I wanted to waste some of my life.

See above.

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thanks - looks like a use of words thing - obstructive sounds more relevant to the Holder visa problem

22 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

If you don't like my comments then don't reply. I'm right and you're wrong.....Not even debateable.

Matt was only going to sign Shanes if he could get Sundstrom in...........FACT!

No Sundstrom then Shanes wouldn't have been signed from the get go......FACT!

He only got a team berth because the Poles gave Sundstrom the green light to sign for Poole.........FACT!

Therefore he is lucky to have done a lap for Poole this season. 

If you don't like my comments then I suggest you tuck Adam into bed and read him a bed time story.

Are you a natural pr1ck or do you have to practice? If no practice then I just can’t believe how out of 3,000,000 sperm you were the fastest!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, Pirate Nick said:

Are you a natural pr1ck or do you have to practice? If no practice then I just can’t believe how out of 3,000,000 sperm you were the fastest!

If you don't like my facts then don't reply......Simple as that. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

If you don't like my facts then don't reply......Simple as that. 

The whole point is they are only facts in your tiny mind. In everybody else’s they are an an opinion and nothing more.

• Like 1

Just now, Pirate Nick said:

The whole point is they are only facts in your tiny mind. In everybody else’s they are an an opinion and nothing more.

No they are facts in general. 

Ford added: "James has had to wait patiently for the rest of the team to be built 

The Poole boss stated his intention to bring back Shanes in October but the move was always dependent on which riders came in higher up the order.

Not my words Pirate Nick..............Straight from the Echo.

Think Middleditchs time as a good TM are gone now but there is no doubt he brought on some of those riders mentioned.

darcy ward turned up as a young, raw talent whod just topped the league averages in the tier below but grew as a rider under Middleditch and was world class before long. 

Janowski also made marked improvements under Middleditch at Poole.

i think Poole can claim a lot of responsibility for bringing on chris Holder as well... i believe they spotted him and brought him over as an asset and loaned him free of charge to the IOW until he was ready for EL action. He was then brought in as a second string and the rest is history.

no doubt Ford and Middleditch have been the most successful promoter/manager combo in the last 20 years or so but have to feel there time could be up, a lot of there success was based on bringing in riders who would add huge chunks to their figures and that doesnt seem to happen anymore.... either the assessed riders averages arent as low anymore or the talent just doesnt want to come, or both.

It is not worth trying to debate with MFF .... he is clearly the font of all knowledge and everyone else knows absolutely nothing.

Shanes selection was obviously a numbers game ploy never ever seen before anywhere ...... and being replaced by (a higher averaged) Nielsen had absolutely nothing to do with others under performing (which created the ability to make the change).

:blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Think Middleditchs time as a good TM are gone now but there is no doubt he brought on some of those riders mentioned.

darcy ward turned up as a young, raw talent whod just topped the league averages in the tier below but grew as a rider under Middleditch and was world class before long. 

Janowski also made marked improvements under Middleditch at Poole.

i think Poole can claim a lot of responsibility for bringing on chris Holder as well... i believe they spotted him and brought him over as an asset and loaned him free of charge to the IOW until he was ready for EL action. He was then brought in as a second string and the rest is history.

no doubt Ford and Middleditch have been the most successful promoter/manager combo in the last 20 years or so but have to feel there time could be up, a lot of there success was based on bringing in riders who would add huge chunks to their figures and that doesnt seem to happen anymore.... either the assessed riders averages arent as low anymore or the talent just doesnt want to come, or both.

Pretty sure all the riders mentioned would have succeded whoever they had riden for as they were exceptional talents.

Jadon Doyle wasn’t an overnight success and went away from Poole but eventually came good.

Its getting good riders to perform above and beyond their expected level is where the manager earns his corn.

Davey Watt springs to mind but can’t think of many I’m afraid.

Edited by GWC
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, GWC said:

Pretty sure all the riders mentioned would have succeded whoever they had riden for as they were exceptional talents.

Jadon Doyle wasn’t an overnight success and went away from Poole but eventually came good.

Its getting good riders to perform above and beyond their expected level is where the manager earns his corn.

Davey Watt springs to mind but can’t think of many I’m afraid.

Well what clubs have brought on a rider to be world class from the start then out of todays crop of clubs then? Wolves with Lindgren is one, who else?

Poole got Magic and Ward young and on the way up. They would of improved anywhere. Class is class.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Poole got Magic and Ward young and on the way up. They would of improved anywhere. Class is class.

Can't argue with that..........but spotting that class in the early stages is the key ;)

4 minutes ago, KevH said:

Can't argue with that..........but spotting that class in the early stages is the key ;)

I think Lynn did. But money talks. Well it did then.