British Speedway Forum

22 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Matt needs to put away the archive book of averages and the calculator and look after the riders he’s got. With a bit of faith, loyalty and encouragement they should come good. Why wouldn’t you want to keep Kurtz, Grajczonek & Woryna and tell them you’ll build your team around them for the next three years? Batchelor, Tungate, Newman, Kennett, Howarth, Shanes, Starke, Klindt, Andersen and even Chris Holder should all have been treated better. With all due respect to them it never makes sense to keep bringing in stop gap, foreign based riders like Szzzzzpaniak, Lindback, Gomolski, Sundstrom, Jepsen Jensen & Jonasson, who aren’t committed to the UK and never stick around at any club for very long.

To me. Poole and Aussies in the main have been a good mix and that's where I think they should build the base of the team.

My idea would be to use the 4 Aussies they can get immediate access to next season. IF Chris's visa/permit issue can be overcome that is, and surely we will know one way or the other on that score by the end of 2018.

Kurtz lives in one of Middlo's at home apartments (or whatever you call it) and probably has bike facilities there. It worked for Darcy and so far has been good for Brady. Chris is near enough local and I thought Jack may live with him when in UK. That should be the real backbone of the team for 2019 in my opinion. Josh I am a bit uncertain as I know he lived way up North but now he is also a POL citizen will he be spending more of his time in POL ??? If he is then i question if he is a good backbone of the team factor if he is whizzing constantly between POL/Poole/His Northern base. Has this also been a contributing factor to his not so good UK form this season. Try flying UK/POL a couple of tines a week (as he was doing  as he wanted to keep constant practice in an attempt to break into POL with his new POL Licence).

I know top riders do some cross border travelling but its still a hike travelling country and journeys to & from the airports alone can be a pain in the backside let alone the flying. Factor in also  travelling to your UK Northern based home. Think he had conditioned himself to the regular routine in UK of both Prem/Champ and always had home to go back to after meetings as plenty of his rides were in the North even when he was guesting. Diff Country commuting each week must take some toll even if he did give up Champ. Even then a down side as he is not racing on the track every 2/3 days like he has done well for years now.

For me it should be C. Holder/B.Kurtz/J.Holder/K.Woryna (if Matt feels he could be the next Janowski - his comments not mine)/Josh G ?? and then add 2 others. For me going to keep banging the drum to factor in 2 N/L youngsters under 20 per team. Based on restructuring the League of course. You can maybe also factor in Klindt who although a Dane lives in UK with his family and will continue to be committed to the Prem/Champ (or one big league if it was restructured).

In effect that MUST surely save money using plenty of your own assets as the only one you have to pay costs for riding in UK are for Woryna. The rest qualify as living/based here.

Anyway as usual just airing ideas/opinion.

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Disagree no good leaving it as it is unless you want us to remain bottom.

Look at your next 8 fixtures blue you are well capable of winning six of them if you fail basically you are just not good anough.Out of the riders mentioned Thomsen/ Wozniak would be good signing's but i don't see you getting the pole and is there any point replacing riders like for like.

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Matt needs to put away the archive book of averages and the calculator and look after the riders he’s got. With a bit of faith, loyalty and encouragement they should come good. Why wouldn’t you want to keep Kurtz, Grajczonek & Woryna and tell them you’ll build your team around them for the next three years? Batchelor, Tungate, Newman, Kennett, Howarth, Shanes, Starke, Klindt, Andersen and even Chris Holder should all have been treated better. With all due respect to them it never makes sense to keep bringing in stop gap, foreign based riders like Szzzzzpaniak, Lindback, Gomolski, Sundstrom, Jepsen Jensen & Jonasson, who aren’t committed to the UK and never stick around at any club for very long.

Said it earlier stay with what we got give it a chance

Edited by ray c

One of the  frustrations of being a Poole Supporter (by the way for many years) based near Chelmsford - Essex is that I don't get a chance to see them so much. A 3.5 hour drive is a bit of a ball breaker. Thankfully I didnt attempt it this week as would have seen my backside ;-)

However that does not dampen my love for the Pirates or my enthusiasm for the sport.

Having been pressing home my comments/thoughts re using these young N/L riders and having a combo of 2 of these under 20 in each side - add existing established young riders and top off with the experienced guys. (Not all these ultra expensive top/top riders based abroad).

Well tonight I am more than happy  to spend my £17 entrance fee for a meeting at Lakeside only 23 miles from where I live,  where I will see the kind of Speedway I am trying to advocate partly.

Firstly I get too  see our returning asset N.Klindt - Hopefully will have a gating day at Lakeside as we know not an easy track - Also get to see another asset in Newman who dont expect too much from these days to be honest. Add into the mix experience such as Lawson/Proctor/Bach/Campton - add established young talent such as Morris/Ellis/Jensen and also exciting youngsters such as Bewley/Wajtknecht and topped up by youngsters who have been in N/L such as Mountain (Lakeside guest) - Bickley - Bowtell.

Now that is certainly a well spent £17 entrance fee - Ok add £3 for the program but I dont give a damn as this is the mix of talent i want to see. A mixture of Experienced/Established good young riders/Young talent coming through. Maybe throw in a snack from the burger/hot dog/chippie van and a pint and its speedway utopia :)

Who needs GP riders and it cost the promotors a fraction of the cost. Its nights like hopefully tonight that you think there's hope for the sport yet. Also no rain planned and I checked both BBC and Met office. Fingers crossed.

• Like 4

A normal night at championship club speedway then Steve. :t:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Badge said:

A normal night at championship club speedway then Steve. :t:

Come on they are not all like that but yeah take your point ;-)

Hopefully your boy Mountain will do well.Hope so as want Lakeside to win but want both our Poole assets - Klindt and Newman also to do well.

To heck - Just a good nights racing will do :-)

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Come on they are not all like that but yeah take your point ;-)

Hopefully your boy Mountain will do well.Hope so as want Lakeside to win but want both our Poole assets - Klindt and Newman also to do well.

To heck - Just a good nights racing will do :-)

Kyle's an asset to any club he rides for, doing great at lakeside,  wish he was still with us tbh. Connor has a liking for this track, so should go well.

Enjoy your "proper" speedway meeting:wink:

• Like 1

See Josh G has JUST scraped in to the POL Champ semi finals. I say just.

He was fortunate to get into to one of the weaker quarter finals. God knows who planned these as their is one meeting with so many tasty riders in it, but suppose that must have been as the straws were drawn.

He scored 7 from 5 rides and qualified in 8th after a run off against Czaja. Suppose its all about qualifying and it is his first  real season over there so a lot of tracks new to him. Sure he will be pleased either way.

Woryna comfortably qualified in 5th in his meeting with 10 points. The Pole who is not as good as he thinks he is i.e Gomolski is out as scored 7 points in same meeting in 9th but only one race win where Gala on same points had 2 wins. Having said that those above him compared to the Josh G meeting were as below. Think Josh was fortunate as he would never have qualified had he raced against this lot. P.S: Not copied over so well. Last 2 numbers are meeting total.

Spaniak meeting jut started and scored 2 from first ride although opposition doesnt look much. If he doesnt qualify from that meeting in top 8 it would highlight just how bad his form is.

1 15 Dominik Kubera 3 3 3 3 2     14
2 6 Bartosz Smektała 3 3 3 1 3     13
3 8 Piotr Pawlicki 1 2 3 3 3     12
4 5 Tomasz Jędrzejak 2 3 2 3 2     12
5 10 Kacper Woryna 2 2 3 2 1     10
6 9 Paweł Przedpełski 3 2 2 2 0     9
7 2 Krzysztof Buczkowski 2 1 0 2 3     8
8 4 Adrian Gała 3 3 1 in 0     7

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

To me. Poole and Aussies in the main have been a good mix and that's where I think they should build the base of the team.

My idea would be to use the 4 Aussies they can get immediate access to next season. IF Chris's visa/permit issue can be overcome that is, and surely we will know one way or the other on that score by the end of 2018.

Kurtz lives in one of Middlo's at home apartments (or whatever you call it) and probably has bike facilities there. It worked for Darcy and so far has been good for Brady. Chris is near enough local and I thought Jack may live with him when in UK. That should be the real backbone of the team for 2019 in my opinion. Josh I am a bit uncertain as I know he lived way up North but now he is also a POL citizen will he be spending more of his time in POL ??? If he is then i question if he is a good backbone of the team factor if he is whizzing constantly between POL/Poole/His Northern base. Has this also been a contributing factor to his not so good UK form this season. Try flying UK/POL a couple of tines a week (as he was doing  as he wanted to keep constant practice in an attempt to break into POL with his new POL Licence).

I know top riders do some cross border travelling but its still a hike travelling country and journeys to & from the airports alone can be a pain in the backside let alone the flying. Factor in also  travelling to your UK Northern based home. Think he had conditioned himself to the regular routine in UK of both Prem/Champ and always had home to go back to after meetings as plenty of his rides were in the North even when he was guesting. Diff Country commuting each week must take some toll even if he did give up Champ. Even then a down side as he is not racing on the track every 2/3 days like he has done well for years now.

For me it should be C. Holder/B.Kurtz/J.Holder/K.Woryna (if Matt feels he could be the next Janowski - his comments not mine)/Josh G ?? and then add 2 others. For me going to keep banging the drum to factor in 2 N/L youngsters under 20 per team. Based on restructuring the League of course. You can maybe also factor in Klindt who although a Dane lives in UK with his family and will continue to be committed to the Prem/Champ (or one big league if it was restructured).

In effect that MUST surely save money using plenty of your own assets as the only one you have to pay costs for riding in UK are for Woryna. The rest qualify as living/based here.

Anyway as usual just airing ideas/opinion.

I would agree with you first four.  It will do Woryna the world of good to be at reserve this season for a while give him a chance to find his stride. But to add to that 4, if Matt can find a big hitter to add to them that would be good as those 4 wouldnt kill the team building average. Unless the powers that be decided to make it 32.50 although nothing would suprise me..  :P
I to am an advercate of one big league which ive already said,  and then one big grand final, and really hang out the carrot to me its the way forward as its doubtful now the top boys will not return. But you saw what response i got from one of the forum numpties. who couldnt say anything constructive, so had to resort in  a rather inane comment, which sums him up. But you can be sure that Matt will not give this season up yet, not by a long chalk..

Edited by Starman2006

Personally I don't even want to think about 2019 just yet.

Matt has said he wants to give the current 1-7 a chance (with Klindt) but they only have 2 fixtures - 1xH/1xA - in June before the 23rd June cut-off for the next set of averages (if thats correct?!)

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Matt has said he wants to give the current 1-7 a chance (with Klindt) but they only have 2 fixtures - 1xH/1xA - in June before the 23rd June cut-off for the next set of averages (if thats correct?!)

It will all come good mate...

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Wasnt leading us into multi exchanges for 2019. Was more reacting to comments about building a team around core riders who should be the main basis of your team going forward. For me the first 4 would be your ideal base and then build around it. Of course future league structure would play its part as would if say Woryna was to break into SGP would he want to come back to UK. Plenty of factors to consider.

Of course this season is an important factor. But hopefully Matt can look at these 4 as his main stay of the team going fwd.

Yep 2 meetings to go as acording to SGB website (in clause 16 of therukesI think it states) the 23rd is the last day of the month for qualifying av to be applied the first of the flwg  month. Good news that as chances are maybe Klindt and Woryna in reserve berths for July ??

Thats my lot now off to see how out assets perform at Lakeside tonight ;-)

11 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

It will all come good mate...

Well, it can't get much worse  :D

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

He's definitely not as ruthless as he used to be! Maybe there aren't many committed riders to choose from?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He's definitely not as ruthless as he used to be! Maybe there aren't many committed riders to choose from?

I thought riders were queued up to ride for Poole, that is what we are always being told.

• Like 1