British Speedway Forum

52 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

I thought riders were queued up to ride for Poole, that is what we are always being told.

In the past maybe! There is no queue to ride in UK anymore :(

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Personally I don't even want to think about 2019 just yet.

Matt has said he wants to give the current 1-7 a chance (with Klindt) but they only have 2 fixtures - 1xH/1xA - in June before the 23rd June cut-off for the next set of averages (if thats correct?!)

So he says heads will roll then says current team needs to be given a chance! 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

He's definitely not as ruthless as he used to be! Maybe there aren't many committed riders to choose from?

I think he might be, but funds just don't allow any more. We know this because of the race bib thingy. His ruthless attitude might have something to do with it as well.

4 or 5 years ago you could get some GP riders willing to ride over here over for a £2-3K guarantee. There might be the odd one still, if based here.

I heard that it could take 6-7k for some to come over these days because they get paid silly money in Poland. Not saying they don't deserve it though. But the UK just don't have the crowds to pay that kind of money :cry:.

Edited by Bald Bloke

11 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think he might be, but funds just don't allow any more. We know this because of the race bib thingy. His ruthless attitude might have something to do with it as well.

4 or 5 years ago you could get some GP riders willing to ride over here over for a £2-3K guarantee. There might be the odd one still, if based here.

I heard that it could take 6-7k for some to come over these days because they get paid silly money in Poland. Not saying they don't deserve it though. But the UK just don't have the crowds to pay that kind of money :cry:.

Matt Ford has stated Magic wanted what was the equivalent of three times the gate money per meeting. It’s not true that riders won’t ride for Poole. They will. For lots of thousands a week. Never going to happen and the reason why not only Poole but any other British club would struggle to bring in a top rider if needed.

13 points out of last 15 rides for Klindt for Workington.....warming up nicely for us!!!

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Matt Ford has stated Magic wanted what was the equivalent of three times the gate money per meeting. It’s not true that riders won’t ride for Poole. They will. For lots of thousands a week. Never going to happen and the reason why not only Poole but any other British club would struggle to bring in a top rider if needed.

We know that's not right Steve. I accept that they are not cheap, but what Ford said there can't be right..

Lets say 1000 paying abults @ is it £17 ?. So we have £17,000. Add kids etc and £20,000

That's the "gate money". Matt said 3x the gate money per meeting..I make it £60k !!….That's probably at least 3 x what they get in Poland. Or am I missing something ?

• Like 1

It's not a case of Matt Ford and funds.

No top riders apart from the regulars will ever be seen riding for a British club again.

British clubs cannot afford to pay a rider treble the gate money in our case. 

10 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

If Josh gets an average that is really low maybe? that shows he is on the down slide his mistake i believe was not doing the Championship.Next year on the same average there could be better options out there.

I agree with you 100% about dropping the Championship. 

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

No good keeping josh unless his form improves.

It's too late now anyway tbh.

I'm already looking towards next year...The team is just too weak to do anything. We still need 3 changes tbh. 

Matt has tried his hardest to get a big name over but they're not interested in Britain.....Holder is now a no go so we might as well forget about the entire season.

16 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

It's not a case of Matt Ford and funds.

No top riders apart from the regulars will ever be seen riding for a British club again.

British clubs cannot afford to pay a rider treble the gate money in our case. 

You know "Treble the gate" money is crap. Pooles gate money is at least £20k.You telling me the big guns want £60k a meeting ?? in the UK.Im pretty sure if £10k a meeting was offered, you would see some GP riders return. You need to forget 3x £20K lol... If Ford could afford £10K, you would see a top gp rider, riding for Poole. He wants to win so bad.

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

if say Woryna was to break into SGP would he want to come back to UK

If he's just dropped to reserve in the UK top flight, I don't think there's much danger of him being in the GPs!

9 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

GETTING the track right would help. Still the subject of much criticism from those who ride there.

What are you saying? The new trackman Glyn has done a crap job?