Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

You don't get a 1000 paying at £17 plus the rest making up to £20k. You say the Poles want 3x that...Just a joke tbh. My 6 year old Granddaughter could work that out

Does your granddaughter know about VAT?? 

Also I would think based upon the average age of speedway punters - not just at Poole - I would guess that the average net income per head is no more than £11-£12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

The way Klindt is riding at the moment in the Championship - he will fit in nicely in this team of under-achievers.  Can't see him turning fortunes around but will maybe spur on a few others in the team!

Some Workington riders are not being paid apparently.

So it could be down to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GWC said:

If Klindt’s performance I witnessed tonight is the norm then Poole have got real problems!

Well I was there as well. Amongst watching a good side hammer Workington i did go to check in on our assets ;-)

Track looked good with plenty of dirt on it to encourage good racing. Yes its a technical track but it always has been. Hasn't stopped some good riders doing well on it over the years. Last night other than Proctor and new into reserve Mason Campton the rest were pretty dire.

Klindt's biggest impression was his warm up routine in the pits. Plenty of arm swinging and seemed more like a Danish League match as was was having plenty of fun sitting with his Danish team mates and what looked like some DK pit crew. They seemed in good spirits which bode well for the night. Unfortunately for him and them it went downhill quickly against a fairly young/classy and enthusiastic Lakeside side. A team that encompasses all that I want to see at Poole - Exprerienced riders/Exciting young established talent/Up and coming young talent/Fairly new young talent out of N/L. Anyway I digress.

First ride he was already behind when he fell - NOT an E/F Even Bowtell had kept him at bay until then !!!! Second ride he was with them into first bend but was third behind Morris and Zach W and it was already painful to watch - Third ride was an E/F. He made the start but was already behind when it happened. he was substituted in his 4th ride by reserve Mason Campton.

If I didnt know differently I would have said he was dumping his Champ av to get a good conversion into a Prem side for next season but of course wont happen as on last nights performance he will have a low enough av at Poole. Bottom line is he was one of many of the away team who couldnt ride the track. Even Bewley only scored 3 from 5 rides and that was partly lucky as Morris broke the tapes in last heat so went back 15 metres. Still managed to get past Proctor who then packed up. Not the first time Bewley has not done well at Lakeside when in N/L was similar.

As for our other asset. Newman had a paid max  and did well although what should have been our other asset Ellis was his partner in 3 races and looked much faster. Was way ahead of Kyle by nearly the whole straight when his bike packed up. But Newman was good at mixing up with the away team to allow his partner to streak off for the win. Good in the team and  was pleased to see Kyle going well. Has a never say die attitude which good for moral and seems happy in the pits.

Managed to have a few words with Jon Cook while he was tucking in to what looked like a box of chicken and chips between races and threw in a couple of throw away lines about how Ellis seems a much improved rider and how Poole let him go. He said well they did have the opportunity to sign him as an asset. Didnt push it too far as didnt want to be seen asking to many personal questions.

Newman for me looked a lot more committed than Klidnt, but perhaps Klindt will come into his own more on different tracks to Lakeside. He needs to as his last couple of meetings for Workington have been poor. All Workington's 3 Danes were poor. Obviously not a track to the Danes liking.

Anyway let's hope we get a different Klindt riding for us. Like the one who scored a max in POL recently and also did some good points in DK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Some Workington riders are not being paid apparently.

So it could be down to that.

don't know where you're getting this from 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ch958 said:

don't know where you're getting this from 

 

It's doing the rounds on social media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Well I was there as well. Amongst watching a good side hammer Workington i did go to check in on our assets ;-)

Track looked good with plenty of dirt on it to encourage good racing. Yes its a technical track but it always has been. Hasn't stopped some good riders doing well on it over the years. Last night other than Proctor and new into reserve Mason Campton the rest were pretty dire.

Klindt's biggest impression was his warm up routine in the pits. Plenty of arm swinging and seemed more like a Danish League match as was was having plenty of fun sitting with his Danish team mates and what looked like some DK pit crew. They seemed in good spirits which bode well for the night. Unfortunately for him and them it went downhill quickly against a fairly young/classy and enthusiastic Lakeside side. A team that encompasses all that I want to see at Poole - Exprerienced riders/Exciting young established talent/Up and coming young talent/Fairly new young talent out of N/L. Anyway I digress.

First ride he was already behind when he fell - NOT an E/F Even Bowtell had kept him at bay until then !!!! Second ride he was with them into first bend but was third behind Morris and Zach W and it was already painful to watch - Third ride was an E/F. He made the start but was already behind when it happened. he was substituted in his 4th ride by reserve Mason Campton.

If I didnt know differently I would have said he was dumping his Champ av to get a good conversion into a Prem side for next season but of course wont happen as on last nights performance he will have a low enough av at Poole. Bottom line is he was one of many of the away team who couldnt ride the track. Even Bewley only scored 3 from 5 rides and that was partly lucky as Morris broke the tapes in last heat so went back 15 metres. Still managed to get past Proctor who then packed up. Not the first time Bewley has not done well at Lakeside when in N/L was similar.

As for our other asset. Newman had a paid max  and did well although what should have been our other asset Ellis was his partner in 3 races and looked much faster. Was way ahead of Kyle by nearly the whole straight when his bike packed up. But Newman was good at mixing up with the away team to allow his partner to streak off for the win. Good in the team and  was pleased to see Kyle going well. Has a never say die attitude which good for moral and seems happy in the pits.

Managed to have a few words with Jon Cook while he was tucking in to what looked like a box of chicken and chips between races and threw in a couple of throw away lines about how Ellis seems a much improved rider and how Poole let him go. He said well they did have the opportunity to sign him as an asset. Didnt push it too far as didnt want to be seen asking to many personal questions.

Newman for me looked a lot more committed than Klidnt, but perhaps Klindt will come into his own more on different tracks to Lakeside. He needs to as his last couple of meetings for Workington have been poor. All Workington's 3 Danes were poor. Obviously not a track to the Danes liking.

Anyway let's hope we get a different Klindt riding for us. Like the one who scored a max in POL recently and also did some good points in DK.

I  cannot  for the life of me know why Klindt is getting two meeting's he is a gating tart so frustrating to watch and Poole at this  moment in time need battlers riders to roll there sleeves up.Auty  was mentioned he rides hard for every point apparently a problem with his average now god knows why???  god damn rules so annoying.Ellis Steve you said he was quick he has been very quick at the Abbey all year and would have an higher average if not for mistakes and letting points slip.Adam is a great asset for the Robins and i believe he will be a in/out heat leader within two years.Going back to your meeting Bickley really struggling for points in the Championship and Burden chipped in with a few.  Burden he looks like a very good gater which is a massive advantage  if he keeps at it he could improve in time.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I  cannot  for the life of me know why Klindt is getting two meeting's he is a gating tart so frustrating to watch and Poole at this  moment in time need battlers riders to roll there sleeves up.Auty  was mentioned he rides hard for every point apparently a problem with his average now god knows why???  god damn rules so annoying.Ellis Steve you said he was quick he has been very quick at the Abbey all year and would have an higher average if not for mistakes and letting points slip.Adam is a great asset for the Robins and i believe he will be a in/out heat leader within two years.Going back to your meeting Bickley really struggling for points in the Championship and Burden chipped in with Burden he looks like a very good gater which is a massive advantage  if he keeps at it he could improve in time.

I think patience is the key with these young riders.

For example Bickley was only 16 in Feb where Bowtell also a N/L rider in reserve at Lakeside is 21. I reckon Kyle will be a way better rider than he is in 5 years.

Yes they will get beat up regular in Champ but they will also ride against other youngsters and also still have the N/L as they find their feet in the sport. Points are important but I am confident based on what I say last night he will improve. 

Last night wasnt much between him and Bewley to be honest and Dan is also nearly 3 years older.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Well I was there as well. Amongst watching a good side hammer Workington i did go to check in on our assets ;-)

Track looked good with plenty of dirt on it to encourage good racing. Yes its a technical track but it always has been. Hasn't stopped some good riders doing well on it over the years. Last night other than Proctor and new into reserve Mason Campton the rest were pretty dire.

Klindt's biggest impression was his warm up routine in the pits. Plenty of arm swinging and seemed more like a Danish League match as was was having plenty of fun sitting with his Danish team mates and what looked like some DK pit crew. They seemed in good spirits which bode well for the night. Unfortunately for him and them it went downhill quickly against a fairly young/classy and enthusiastic Lakeside side. A team that encompasses all that I want to see at Poole - Exprerienced riders/Exciting young established talent/Up and coming young talent/Fairly new young talent out of N/L. Anyway I digress.

First ride he was already behind when he fell - NOT an E/F Even Bowtell had kept him at bay until then !!!! Second ride he was with them into first bend but was third behind Morris and Zach W and it was already painful to watch - Third ride was an E/F. He made the start but was already behind when it happened. he was substituted in his 4th ride by reserve Mason Campton.

If I didnt know differently I would have said he was dumping his Champ av to get a good conversion into a Prem side for next season but of course wont happen as on last nights performance he will have a low enough av at Poole. Bottom line is he was one of many of the away team who couldnt ride the track. Even Bewley only scored 3 from 5 rides and that was partly lucky as Morris broke the tapes in last heat so went back 15 metres. Still managed to get past Proctor who then packed up. Not the first time Bewley has not done well at Lakeside when in N/L was similar.

As for our other asset. Newman had a paid max  and did well although what should have been our other asset Ellis was his partner in 3 races and looked much faster. Was way ahead of Kyle by nearly the whole straight when his bike packed up. But Newman was good at mixing up with the away team to allow his partner to streak off for the win. Good in the team and  was pleased to see Kyle going well. Has a never say die attitude which good for moral and seems happy in the pits.

Managed to have a few words with Jon Cook while he was tucking in to what looked like a box of chicken and chips between races and threw in a couple of throw away lines about how Ellis seems a much improved rider and how Poole let him go. He said well they did have the opportunity to sign him as an asset. Didnt push it too far as didnt want to be seen asking to many personal questions.

Newman for me looked a lot more committed than Klidnt, but perhaps Klindt will come into his own more on different tracks to Lakeside. He needs to as his last couple of meetings for Workington have been poor. All Workington's 3 Danes were poor. Obviously not a track to the Danes liking.

Anyway let's hope we get a different Klindt riding for us. Like the one who scored a max in POL recently and also did some good points in DK.

The deal for Adam & Zach included Nick going to Lakeside & they wouldn’t pay a loan fee for him.

A good deal all round for both clubs & Swindon get 2 young English riders as assets.

Great work by Terry, Lee & Rosco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Does your granddaughter know about VAT?? 

Also I would think based upon the average age of speedway punters - not just at Poole - I would guess that the average net income per head is no more than £11-£12.

No Skidder, she don't :P. But even at £11 x 1400, then x that by 3, you are still up there.

Matt might of meant 3x the profit per meeting, I don't know.

It don't matter, I was just trying to show it wasn't 3 x the gate money, thats all. :t:

I do know, that back in around 2010 a good young rider that is still riding now (no names) told someone i know ( another rider who has retired now) that he earned " About £30K a week" from Poland, Sweden and the UK put together.. Probably before tax, it wasn't mentioned.

The money might be different these days, i'm guessing less in the UK.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think patience is the key with these young riders.

For example Bickley was only 16 in Feb where Bowtell also a N/L rider in reserve at Lakeside is 21. I reckon Kyle will be a way better rider than he is in 5 years.

Yes they will get beat up regular in Champ but they will also ride against other youngsters and also still have the N/L as they find their feet in the sport. Points are important but I am confident based on what I say last night he will improve. 

Last night wasnt much between him and Bewley to be honest and Dan is also nearly 3 years older.

 

55 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

 

Personally Steve i don't so much go by age more on what there background and experience is Burden/Hume two prime examples older but not that more experienced than some of the younger riders.Bickley I think will come good he has good people around him and if he learns has he goes along the tide will turn.Looking at the future your suggestion looks ideal most teams with the  same ability wise 6/7 riding against each other and maybe pitching in against a number 2 and 4 would be great. I would love  to see two Brits at reserve only if promising anough though.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

No Skidder, she don't :P. But even at £11 x 1400, then x that by 3, you are still up there.

Matt might of meant 3x the profit per meeting, I don't know.

It don't matter, I was just trying to show it wasn't 3 x the gate money, thats all. :t:

I do know, that back in around 2010 a good young rider that is still riding now (no names) told someone i know ( another rider who has retired now) that he earned " About £30K a week" from Poland, Sweden and the UK put together.. Probably before tax, it wasn't mentioned.

The money might be different these days, i'm guessing less in the UK.

 

 

BB. You're wrong and Matt Ford is right. Ill explain why in detail.

 

You keep quoting 20k gate money saying this amount of paying adults at this price per week.

But you're way out. Not even close which is shocking considering you're a decent gambler. 

 

1. All adults are not paying £17-£18. Over 60 (Female) and Over 65 (Male) get a discount. 

2. People with a disability or on benefits also get a discount.

3. Children under a certain age get in for free.

4. Season ticket holders. Not every person inside the stadium has paid on the night. Say 800 turn up but only 400 have paid on the night....The other 400 paid at the start of the season.

5. The money made from selling season tickets at the start of the season would have been spent by the club.

6. When Matt Ford quotes treble the gate money. He is more than likely going on about paying customers on the night and not the season ticket holders who paid at the start of the season.

 

See what I mean lol.

Matt knows the facts because he's the promoter.

You're just guessing at this stage and so am I. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Totally agree - the tides play havoc at Leicester :D;)

 Might well do in a 100 yrs time. !!   in 50 odd yrs time half of Sandbanks could well be missing..;)  Good to read all this so many closit Poole fans, Matt would be proud of the fact..:P

Edited by Starman2006
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

BB. You're wrong and Matt Ford is right. Ill explain why in detail.

 

You keep quoting 20k gate money saying this amount of paying adults at this price per week.

But you're way out. Not even close which is shocking considering you're a decent gambler. 

 

1. All adults are not paying £17-£18. Over 60 (Female) and Over 65 (Male) get a discount. 

2. People with a disability or on benefits also get a discount.

3. Children under a certain age get in for free.

4. Season ticket holders. Not every person inside the stadium has paid on the night. Say 800 turn up but only 400 have paid on the night....The other 400 paid at the start of the season.

5. The money made from selling season tickets at the start of the season would have been spent by the club.

6. When Matt Ford quotes treble the gate money. He is more than likely going on about paying customers on the night and not the season ticket holders who paid at the start of the season.

 

See what I mean lol.

Matt knows the facts because he's the promoter.

You're just guessing at this stage and so am I. 

 

 

I'll take your detailed explanation MMF.

Not sure about "decent gambler" Seems to be getting harder this season :blink: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

BB. You're wrong and Matt Ford is right. Ill explain why in detail.

 

You keep quoting 20k gate money saying this amount of paying adults at this price per week.

But you're way out. Not even close which is shocking considering you're a decent gambler. 

 

1. All adults are not paying £17-£18. Over 60 (Female) and Over 65 (Male) get a discount. 

2. People with a disability or on benefits also get a discount.

3. Children under a certain age get in for free.

4. Season ticket holders. Not every person inside the stadium has paid on the night. Say 800 turn up but only 400 have paid on the night....The other 400 paid at the start of the season.

5. The money made from selling season tickets at the start of the season would have been spent by the club.

6. When Matt Ford quotes treble the gate money. He is more than likely going on about paying customers on the night and not the season ticket holders who paid at the start of the season.

 

See what I mean lol.

Matt knows the facts because he's the promoter.

You're just guessing at this stage and so am I. 

 

 

I'll explain why..  then..... I'm just guessing! :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy