Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

CANNOT argue with any of that but the fact is that good tracks produce good racing and bad tracks bad racing. If every racing surface was like Belle Vue at one end of the scale or Scunthorpe at the other chances are speedway attendances, despite all the other issues, would be greater than they are now.

Granted, but BV is a brand new complex, and  there should be no problem in keeping that tip top with maximum access.  other tracks have to work round dogs, and the weather, and that is not easy.  then you need to have people who can gurrantee you the time, many volunteers have to work so they have to work round that. We have good lads that can get in aprox 4.30 5 pm on a weds, and then have plenty of things to do a lot of checking is done before hand, and any problems are convayed to them. The track boys get on with there job, and anybody who has prepared a track knows its not easy. You can keep going round in circles Phil  titavating this and that, but things will never be perfect. but the main priority is rider safety. You can prepare a track the same way two weeks running for example, with the same weather on each day, but the track will never ride the same.

Edited by Starman2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Very difficult Phil when you have limited access.  and costs a lot of money The track has not, been neglected as some know alls seem to think who dont even live anywhere near poole.  it was completely levelled out during the winter, but the 1-2 nd bend could have been re-done earlier. That said, the problem does not just lay there, and the weather has also played a big part. As i said, there are many on here who wouldnt know the difference between shale and sand, yet they propose to know it all.  No more comment needed.

Yet in your orginal post about the  farce that was the postponment, you said Glyn had to stop work on the track and attend to the airfence. Surely his time would have been better spent working on the track. Wasn’t it fact that the person who helps wasn’t in that day. Therefore Matt Ford must take the blame for ensuring there were enough people available to make the track raceable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

You can keep going round in circles.

This threads done, no one can come up with a better quote about speedway track prep than that. Quality.:t:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Yet in your orginal post about the  farce that was the postponment, you said Glyn had to stop work on the track and attend to the airfence. Surely his time would have been better spent working on the track. Wasn’t it fact that the person who helps wasn’t in that day. Therefore Matt Ford must take the blame for ensuring there were enough people available to make the track raceable.

Glyn erected the airfence in the morning. I take it thats what your refering to.. He spent the rest of the day trying to prepare the track which was knee deep in slop. which eventually proved imposible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think you will find the problem is the shale it as not a enough clay and is not bonding with the base. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Glyn erected the airfence in the morning. I take it thats what your refering to.. He spent the rest of the day trying to prepare the track which was knee deep in slop. which eventually proved imposible.

Did they have dry shale available once he had taken off the slop ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Nuff said.;)

about 1/2 hour from his Ringwood home, so pretty close

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Glyn erected the airfence in the morning. I take it thats what your refering to.. He spent the rest of the day trying to prepare the track which was knee deep in slop. which eventually proved imposible.

It wasn't long ago that you were telling us that Poole didn't have all of the equipment necessary for track preparation. Has that changed? 

At the beginning of the season Chris Holder said how pleased he was that work had at last been done to improve the track. If I remember correctly, he said that the track had been neglected for a number of years because Matt Ford had not considered it a priority. Are the current problems related to neglect and/or a lack of investment, to the lateness of the remedial work, the quality of the work or to some other reason?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

think its only starman whos trying to defend what everybody else including the promotion pretty much accept as a total cock up,starman is in no way involved with any aspect of track work and probably only knows as much about it as most other members of the forum despite his constant ramblings on the subject.hope im not going round in circles! but poole fans have got to sit tight and hope the guys can sort things out,in a very tight league despite our present position were still right in there,and as i said previously any stick re last wed weve just got to take on the chin

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Auty would be a decent alternative to Szczapaniek, he seems to be going well at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think Auty would be a decent alternative to Szczapaniek, he seems to be going well at the moment.

That's a good call doing well for scunthorpe.i agree with Poole Keith hopefully they can do something with the track this week before next Wednesday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Very difficult Phil when you have limited access.  and costs a lot of money The track has not, been neglected as some know alls seem to think who dont even live anywhere near poole.  it was completely levelled out during the winter, but the 1-2 nd bend could have been re-done earlier. That said, the problem does not just lay there, and the weather has also played a big part. As i said, there are many on here who wouldnt know the difference between shale and sand, yet they propose to know it all.  No more comment needed.

do you not think the track had been neglected for a number of years?

it always seemed to be the same problems cropping up year after year but nothing was done until what sounds like a bit of a botch before this season started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have the Poole fans been issued an apology yet for the farce?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Very difficult Phil when you have limited access.  and costs a lot of money The track has not, been neglected as some know alls seem to think who dont even live anywhere near poole.  it was completely levelled out during the winter, but the 1-2 nd bend could have been re-done earlier. That said, the problem does not just lay there, and the weather has also played a big part. As i said, there are many on here who wouldnt know the difference between shale and sand, yet they propose to know it all.  No more comment needed.

In your opinion, where does the problem lie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

Have the Poole fans been issued an apology yet for the farce?

Haven't seen one yet I live local . I just felt sorry for the people who spent money traveling to Poole on the night ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy