British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

...... Let's hope Matt doesn't walk away as we need visionaries like him. If he goes then we really will see problems.

So, the “visionary” Matt Ford walks away and we see problems; surely that means we are all visionaries or he has been pulling the wool over our eyes?  Hmmmm sounds about right. :)

1 hour ago, BluPanther said:

Poole are the speedway equivalent of Man Utd, hate them or love them everyone takes an interest because they are the team everyone wants to beat ...

Poole are the Poole of 21st century speedway which doesn’t really equate to a whole lot of beans, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ouch said:

Poole are the Poole of 21st century speedway which doesn’t really equate to a whole lot of beans, unfortunately. 

So where does all their wind come from?  :)

22 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

I fancy Lisa Colette 

Im very sure she will be pleased to hear you say that..:wub:  :nono:

34 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Lisa you have an admirer

Anyway.. ;)

Richie has been dropped from Glasgow, hope he gets another champ club soon! 

7 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Should have expected that from you DC :D. But nothing wrong with friendly banter as none of us want it to be too serious on here.

Some of the comments are partly true though. There seem plenty who only use the forum for the sake of having a go or being rude with snide comments.

To be honest since I joined nearly 2 years ago I am becoming disillusioned with the Forum in general. I made the mistake of still thinking there was sensible debate to be had and an exchange of views on the team where we can take the sport forward to help it survive. It seems the majority don't see to give a toss and certainly don't want to engage in sensible discussion. Yet they are only to willing to indulge and keep indulging in petty snipes and insults as if they have nothing better to fill their day. Many of whom obviously retired with nothing to contribute. Apologies in advance to the minority who do engage in sensible discussion, especially Poole which is my main Speedway interest.

An example last week where I did an in depth post on Poole 2018 about MY views on a way forward. From memory - Not one like or anything as a dislike. In fact I can't remember one view as to a constructive alternative to a way forward other than I think one poster rolled out the old chestnut of not enough riders. Believe me with 5 main riders and say 2 N/L riders per team there probably would be or even if we went with 6 man teams incl using N/L riders.

Anyway think I will keep my views on the future of the sport to myself in future and let's just see which direction (if any) the sport takes.

Try the Speedway News and Discussions section of this forum. 

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

To be fair, Starry, you confuse us with four or five words.  :)

Ha ha DC..:rofl:

Klindt able to take 7 rides makes the sport a nonsense in my opinion.

All well and good if a rider gets injured as that’s a reserve job but just giving the advantage to a rider who happens to be 6th in the teams averages makes no sense. It also brings into dispute riders who go missing in meeting and their unavailability.

Maybe Poole have some sympathy as the Chris Holder situation isn’t of their making but a return to the days of 4 rides 1-5 and 3 for 6 & 7 might be a starter.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GWC said:

Klindt able to take 7 rides makes the sport a nonsense in my opinion.

All well and good if a rider gets injured as that’s a reserve job but just giving the advantage to a rider who happens to be 6th in the teams averages makes no sense. It also brings into dispute riders who go missing in meeting and their unavailability.

Maybe Poole have some sympathy as the Chris Holder situation isn’t of their making but a return to the days of 4 rides 1-5 and 3 for 6 & 7 might be a starter.

Nonsense. Anybody could sign a reserve and do the same thing.

• Like 1

in recent yrs building a team without at least one strong reserve,all season, has been a real risk,and the poole team with no superstar no 1 a rider like klindt is essential,and of course attainable because of the pts saved at no1.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Nonsense. Anybody could sign a reserve and do the same thing.

Not sure I understand your comment.

Nonsence infers that the system is fine and you are happy that 2 riders can have 7 rides?

The system here is fine. These are the rules and always have been for a long time. 

Poole don’t have a big hitter like Doyle at Somerset or Morris at Swindon. We have a team of 6-7 pointers and one at reserve. Klindt likes Liecester but I wouldn’t expect that at any other track.

It’s completely fair. If we had gone to Liecester two weeks ago Woryna would have been at reserve and Liecester would have won.

• Like 4