British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And they are welcome to.

As you said earlier Bomber is unlikely to make much of a difference and Linus showed some better form lately so bit of a shame he is the one to make way. I still think Josh is way off his best and Richie hasn't really performed well lately either so unless they improve soon this may not be the end of the changes. I would have Nicholls back but to fit him in would mean a  double change.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

It looks as if you got that one wrong.:)

Harris is probably worth half a point more based on the averages so has to be an improvement.

Yes i don't think it is a bad signing, don't think i got it wrong though,you got the better Worrall back. I would rather have Worrall than Harris.

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes i don't think it is a bad signing, don't think i got it wrong though,you got the better Worrall back. I would rather have Worrall than Harris.

There was never any question of either Nichols or Harris coming to Belle Vue. I think Garrity would have stayed if there had been any further delay in Worrall's recovery. Much as I like both of them they are both inconsistent/poor at the NSS and in the latter part of their careers. However, I think Harris will do a decent job as a replacement for Sundstrom and often has a poor start but does better as the season progresses.

Edited by Aces51

38 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

Steve what's happened to Shovlars magnificent 7 how many left

All seven of course.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Its just what we would expect from you lot, still waiting from Brum DC2  and uncle Tom cobbly to chip in as well..

Why are you bringing me into anything?

my constructive opinion is that I think it’s a backward step.  If true that Sundstrom has stood down then Harris is as good as signing as is possible.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

As you said earlier Bomber is unlikely to make much of a difference and Linus showed some better form lately so bit of a shame he is the one to make way. I still think Josh is way off his best and Richie hasn't really performed well lately either so unless they improve soon this may not be the end of the changes. I would have Nicholls back but to fit him in would mean a  double change.

Can't really sack Richie now, it would be way too harsh especially on a British rider. Also Linus going saves a bit of money I guess. Shame though cos I do like Linus, and it might only be for a month? But that was said about James Shanes too!

“I suggested that he took a month’s break and we would revisit the situation in mid-to-late August. 

The above is part of Ford's website statement, so does that mean Harris is signed on 28 day contract?  

1 minute ago, Brian said:

“I suggested that he took a month’s break and we would revisit the situation in mid-to-late August. 

The above is part of Ford's website statement, so does that mean Harris is signed on 28 day contract?  

Gonna go with no, but ask Chris on twitter, I'm sure he would answer, a bit more politely than some of the silly Aussies anyway!

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Can't really sack Richie now, it would be way too harsh especially on a British rider.

Why not ?

Good move, in my opinion. LS not appearing comfortable / consistent on the UK tracks. Maybe away too long. Harris been there and done it, especially at the business end. He is an entertainer, that will give his all - engines permitting. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Why are you bringing me into anything?

my constructive opinion is that I think it’s a backward step.  If true that Sundstrom has stood down then Harris is as good as signing as is possible.

After reading yr first sentance and a half i though, er we go. But you redeamed yourself in the second part. Sensible man..

Just now, Starman2006 said:

Why not ?

He has just been sacked by Glasgow, being sacked by both clubs in the same week would just be ridiculous!

Just now, lisa-colette said:

He has just been sacked by Glasgow, being sacked by both clubs in the same week would just be ridiculous!

Nobody said anything about sacking him in the same week, did they ? 

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Nobody said anything about sacking him in the same week, did they ? 

Some people have mentioned it, yes.

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Some people have mentioned it, yes.

Who ? And replace him with who ?

Edited by Starman2006