British Speedway Forum

16 minutes ago, Brian said:

“I suggested that he took a month’s break and we would revisit the situation in mid-to-late August. 

The above is part of Ford's website statement, so does that mean Harris is signed on 28 day contract?  

No. Linus rejected that proposal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Who ? And replace him with who ?

Oh come on Starman, it's not that hard to understand. A few people have said that Harris could have replaced Josh or Richie instead of Linus and I said it would be harsh on Richie as he has already been sacked by another club recently.

Where's that ghastly Gavan when you need him, Ipswich losing at home and all that.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Chris Harris Joins Poole! 

Is that the same Chris Harris that wasn't allowed to sign for the Somerset Rebels?

As they say:  it's not what you know - but who you know!  

• Like 4

When is the transfer deadline these days and what are the regulations relating to it? Did I read somewhere it was moved from 31 August to 31 July? If so, time running out for any team planning changes.

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

However, I think Harris will do a decent job as a replacement for Sundstrom and often has a poor start but does better as the season progresses.

Yes, it's July now and that's the month when he usually manages to at last sort out the set ups on his bikes so Poole have signed him at the best time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Is that the same Chris Harris that wasn't allowed to sign for the Somerset Rebels?

As they say:  it's not what you know - but who you know!  

Need to ask the member of the committee who blocked Harris to Somerset deal then.

6 hours ago, Gemini said:

Yes, it's July now and that's the month when he usually manages to at last sort out the set ups on his bikes so Poole have signed him at the best time. 

That’s what I thought but someone corrected me on another thread and it’s mid August - I think it’s around the 12th.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Orbiter said:

Linus binned and replaced with Harris 

We knew this. 

Matt called the Rockets as soon as BMR asked for help. He put dibs on them and stopped Somerset signing him. 

Linus stood down, made me chuckle that one. 

bomber for linus like for like cant see it will strebghen the side that much still onward and upward :nono:

31 minutes ago, ouch said:

We knew this. 

Matt called the Rockets as soon as BMR asked for help. He put dibs on them and stopped Somerset signing him. 

Linus stood down, made me chuckle that one. 

Haha wasnt Matt who stopped Somerset signing Chris.

A member of the committee deemed it not right or would help Somerset a bit too much more like. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Haha wasnt Matt who stopped Somerset signing Chris.

A member of the committee deemed it not right or would help Somerset a bit too much more like. 

Some think the sport is run for Poole and whatever Matt Ford wants he gets which is clearly not the case. Ouch thinks he can troll the Poole thread with lies hoping some will believe his anti Poole rhetoric. 

10 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Its just what we would expect from you lot, still waiting from Brum DC2  and uncle Tom cobbly to chip in as well..

Come on Starman what do you expect opposing fans to say on a speedway forum, Poole change riders more often than banks change money.

It's quite sad to see Poole resort to sacking riders left ,right and centre .There is no loyalty in speedway now.Desperate measures to try and win a seven team league.The sport really is struggling.Harris will be cheaper as Ford won't be paying out air fares etc.