British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

They still don't like it being there though. 

As I say where do you get this from.

Talking to Stadium manager he likes the speedway there as it's earning the company money.

3 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Talking to Stadium manager he likes the speedway there as it's earning the company money.

Not what was said to my brother when he had to go to a work meeting at the stadium. Maybe the manager has changed his mind now then! 

20 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Never bank on anything if Stadia are involved

12 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Never bank on anything if Stadia are involved

Nor poole council either :party:

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

I guess it depends where the stadium is located. Prime real estate territory and you are in trouble!

The demise of dog racing in the UK has seen the GRA turn into project redevelope.

8 minutes ago, GWC said:

I guess it depends where the stadium is located. Prime real estate territory and you are in trouble!

The demise of dog racing in the UK has seen the GRA turn into project redevelope.

The trouble with quite a few is where towns are expanding a track that used to be on the outside of the town is now part of the town with houses round it, which is what is happening at Swindon.  I appreciate Poole and Exeter were in the towns already.

i believe the stadium itself is safe,but there will be partial development on the site,the freeholder and the leaseholder each need the others support to achieve this but as both pbc and stadia uk  would like some development (for completely different reasons)  it will happen.However i believe at present they will sit on things at swindon and poole(they both make money) until the greyhound media rights battle is decided,two companies battling to be the only provider, put simply its ladbrookes group verses arc group,co has put swindon and poole in the arc group,time will tell,think theyre also following developments at oxford council re their stadium.maybe they might concentrate on torquay project,who knows?

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:59 PM, Stoke Potter said:

Do any Poole fans know if there are plans for a fixture on Wednesday 8th August?  I think this was originally meant to be Rye House...

Against Leicester now :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Against Leicester now :)

And on the 9th

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sugarray said:

And on the 9th

Yes, just double checked that as I wasn't sure if the 9th was a Wed or a Thurs. But it is a Thurs. Well hope that helps Stoke Potter anyway! :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Not what was said to my brother when he had to go to a work meeting at the stadium. Maybe the manager has changed his mind now then! 

When was this as I've known him for years and he's always keen on making the company money.

2 hours ago, sugarray said:

When was this as I've known him for years and he's always keen on making the company money.

2/3 years ago, maybe he was just having a bad day then. As my brother just enquired about speedway as small talk as he knows I go and the response he got was he didn't care for it much. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, just double checked that as I wasn't sure if the 9th was a Wed or a Thurs. But it is a Thurs. Well hope that helps Stoke Potter anyway! :)

Yes, thank you very much Lisa-Colette (and Sugarray), I may well grace Wimborne Rd with my presence.  :):rolleyes:

• Like 2

Pirates will be without flying Danish duo Nicolai Klindt and Frederik Jakobsen for the visit of the Robins on Wednesday, August 22 due to commitments in their homeland.

Klindt could also miss the home fixture against King’s Lynn seven days later.

Ford said: “I’m sure Swindon will be delighted to be coming to us when two of our riders are missing.”

Jakobsen could also move out of the reserve berth when he completes 8 meetings. He will be replaces by either Josh or Nicolai.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Pirates will be without flying Danish duo Nicolai Klindt and Frederik Jakobsen for the visit of the Robins on Wednesday, August 22 due to commitments in their homeland.

Klindt could also miss the home fixture against King’s Lynn seven days later.

Ford said: “I’m sure Swindon will be delighted to be coming to us when two of our riders are missing.”

Jakobsen could also move out of the reserve berth when he completes 8 meetings. He will be replaces by either Josh or Nicolai.

Steve I wouldn’t be too worried, just look at the Robins away record.

• Like 1