British Speedway Forum

cant believe you two,you actually go to tescos!!

cant afford waitrose like some !!!

Tesco's is not a library, you should buy it!! :Dit is at tower park

it is at tower park not all reading the ss though :lol:

I was just talking about Dudek/Magic just to see who people would want between them. Nothing serious don't worry.

With Matt helping Holder out then it's pretty obvious what is going to happen.

At the end of the day, they are good mates with Middlo and they have all lived with Matt/Middlo at some time. Sure they fall out but they will make up again.

Holder still wants to do well, otherwise would not really be a professional sportman. The travel alone would kill a man.

I'm not having a go at you personally poolebolton. Your cool. Members mention un-realistic signings on every thread its just part of the fun.

I just don't understand certain members on here not wanting Chris Holder in the line-up. The guy is speaking the truth.

Yet some on here want us to send him out on loan on a bargain average to Swindon for example so he can be paired with Jason Doyle.

Chris Holder needs to be the first name on the team sheet otherwise it's season over imo. Janowski isn't coming now. Neither is a GP or a world class rider.

According to some Poole fans they want the following line-up because they don't want Holder's in the team.

1. Kurtz

2. Ellis

3. One other

4. Klindt

5. Andersen

6. Woryna

7. Shanes

I'm not having a go at you personally poolebolton. Your cool. Members mention un-realistic signings on every thread its just part of the fun.

I just don't understand certain members on here not wanting Chris Holder in the line-up. The guy is speaking the truth.

Yet some on here want us to send him out on loan on a bargain average to Swindon for example so he can be paired with Jason Doyle.

Chris Holder needs to be the first name on the team sheet otherwise it's season over imo. Janowski isn't coming now. Neither is a GP or a world class rider.

According to some Poole fans they want the following line-up because they don't want Holder's in the team.

1. Kurtz

2. Ellis

3. One other

4. Klindt

5. Andersen

6. Woryna

7. Shanes

I think a few people who should know have said we are going to get a genuine number one no idea who but a genuine number one isn't Chris Holder anymore, that doesn't mean Chris won't be in the team though.

I think a few people who should know have said we are going to get a genuine number one no idea who but a genuine number one isn't Chris Holder anymore, that doesn't mean Chris won't be in the team though.

I would be very cautious of having Klindt in the team after his nasty injury in 2017.

I wasn't over impressed with his av bearing in mind he spent most of it at reserve until moving out 23rd June to main spot and he then got injured shortly after. He only achieved 6.36 GSA from reserve despite all those extra rides and riding against what should have been inferior riders. Riding injured in a couple of meetings in main body of the team then dragged it back further as he could hardly ride a bike by then.

I was a bit concerned at some of his scores also in POL/Swe leading up to his injury. Without knowing what toll his injury has taken and having lost nearly 4 months of 2017 will he hit the ground running in 2018 or will he take a couple of months to bed in PLUS chances are he would not come back as a reserve. In that case I would seriously question his scoring capabilities in the main team with the added handicap of feeling his way back. I don't think Poole can afford that luxury after what happened in 2017. I reckon he may be loaned out and only if he is going to be at reserve would I even consider him. No chance if its Woryna and Shanes.

If in the unlikely event they chose 45 points as the limit (I wish but I doubt) then they could accommodate Chris Holder plus have a heavy hitter to replace Andersen who can be good - very good, but has also a habit of letting you down at important times. Having said that he is not a number 1 and too much was put on him when many were not performing or injuries.

For sure Chris Holder - Kurtz - Andersen and a good number one would be in dreamland with the possibility of Woryna improving if he carries over his impressive Polish form into UK for 2018.

The joy of the forum is it allows us to dream and exchange views even if some may think its delusional.

If it is 42 points then more difficult unless he goes with the team I mentioned earlier to incl CH/BK/HA as a top 3 in the hope Woryna/Holder Jr will improve as I expect both Ellis and Shanes if signed as the 2 UK riders to be steady rather than big improvements. I am still not convinced on Ellis. Been around a good few years now and although only 22 in March will be starting his 7th year in British Speedway in 2018 having started at 16. He hasn't in my opinion pushed on that much and would not surprise me if he stays in the 5.50/6.50 GSA range. Would hope to be proved wrong but he hasn't pulled up any trees when riding abroad and hasn't broken through into the leagues in POL or SWE.

Anyway we can continue to rumour and exchange views ;-)

We must remember tai said if we went to set days there would be no reason why he would not return matt has said there will be a genuine no 1 next season ?

Edited by ray c

And Tai has been spotted in the Wolverhampton area.

Is he injured? Why isn't he in Aus?
  • Like 1

i think you will find it was a woffy tribute band . :t: seriously though could you fit tai and fast freedie in thats if freddie will be fit for next season

• Like 1

The article by Peter Oakes in the SS last week says

"He (Holder) would be an absolute snip on his current 7.16 green sheet average and it will be a major surprise if Pirates boss Matt Ford, who helped Holder prepare his appeal, doesn't ask him to be back at Wimborne Road in 2018".

Also earlier in the same article, "The (ACU) decision will allow him to get clearance for a work permit that was threatening to stop him living in England".

So Chris still intends to race in the UK - unlike some that have suggested otherwise - and the work permit application will need to be sponsored by a UK club..........

I think with Kurtz, C.Holder, Shanes and Woryna there is ample opportunity to sign an 8.08+ heat leader and some strong 2nd strings within the rumoured points limit. (ps. I don't think Hans will be in the team)

Edited by Skidder1

The article by Peter Oakes in the SS last week says

"He (Holder) would be an absolute snip on his current 7.16 green sheet average and it will be a major surprise if Pirates boss Matt Ford, who helped Holder prepare his appeal, doesn't ask him to be back at Wimborne Road in 2018".

Also earlier in the same article, "The (ACU) decision will allow him to get clearance for a work permit that was threatening to stop him living in England".

So Chris still intends to race in the UK - unlike some that have suggested otherwise - and the work permit application will need to be sponsored by a UK club..........

I think with Kurtz, C.Holder, Shanes and Woryna there is ample opportunity to sign an 8.08+ heat leader and some strong 2nd strings within the rumoured points limit. (ps. I don't think Hans will be in the team)

Hans wont be in the team. I think he will be at Somerset, heard he might live with Matt still.

At Somerset he could still live there.

Holder will be back at Poole. Your getting a number 1 quality rider or a 3rd heat leader average. With Woryna and Holder in the team thats a huge advantage compared to other teams. Would enable us to have a very solid with those 2 in the team.

If Matt and Chris have settled there differences, as helping him with his appeal suggests, he will definitely be back at Wimborne road next season, come on noddy

Is he injured? Why isn't he in Aus?

:rofl:

i think you will find it was a woffy tribute band . :t: seriously though could you fit tai and fast freedie in thats if freddie will be fit for next season

Without knowing the points limit it's difficult to say. Plus hopefully our governing body will come up with a fair assessment for riders like Tai who isn't a 7 point rider, ditto Lindback, Pawlicki brothers, Madsen etc.

Tai I'd welcome back if he was committed but not in place of Freddie (on the assumption he is fit to start the new season).

One rider I would like to see in the team who hasn't been mentioned is James Wright, always gives his best, and a Poole asset

One rider I would like to see in the team who hasn't been mentioned is James Wright, always gives his best, and a Poole asset

You mean Charles? :D
  • Like 5