British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
False dawn

Greg Hancock Hurt?

Guest GiveusaB

He gets my backing every time!

Long live Greg!

LEGEND!

To paraphrase Mark Twain, "Reports of my demise are an exageration".

There is a lot that can be done with such an injury up to and including surgery.

Greg is still competing at the highest level and we should wish him well. This year's championship is out of reach, but top 8 is still achievable. This talk of a wild card is premature.

Now you tell us- shame it wasn`t before the meeting as we could have "had it off " with the bookies :lol:

I knew there was something wrong as I opened up on Betfair at 9/1 which I thought was quite generous. This gradually drifted to 17/1 with hardly any takers. All the money was for Tai and Jason who were both three figures losers in my book. So quite a lot of people knew

Hancock is box office and with his pedigree and media friendly persona he does wonders for the marketing of the SGP series. I would imagine that so long as he's able and willing to race in the series then there will always be a place for him.

He gets my backing every time!

Long live Greg!

LEGEND!

Legend?

This is a despicable man who throws a tantrum when he doesn't get his own way. Lets rollback to the end of the SGP last season. Opening ride wins the title, third ride it appeared for the world that he deliberately (is that not called cheating?) slowed down to let Monster teammate Holder get his much needed win. The ref agreed this was dodgy and rightly excluded HanCOCK. What happens next Hancock throws a childish tantrum and withdraws from the meeting (claiming clutch problems)... only to appear later to collect his trophy.

Legend? I think not.

Last season in the SWC he turned up for the semi-final, was interviewed and made no suggestion that he would not be at Belle Vue for the race off. Come race off night, HanCOCK was nowhere to be seen and had decided not to bother coming to the UK citing some lame excuse that he was giving the kids a chance. No thought about the British fans he cheated, or the other teams who benefited from additional points most likely gained from the rides he should have been in.

Legend? I think not.

Then the incident with Nikki where HanCOCK assaulted NP (was rightly fined, but not enough). The fight was heat of the moment stuff. What happened two days later was not. He or his team made a statement on his website making some very personal accusations about Nikki and seemingly questioning his mental health. The post was akin to bullying Nikki in my opinion. The post seems to have been removed, so I can't quote from it.

So no, Greg Hancock is less Legend and more HanCOCK.

• Like 5

Legend?

This is a despicable man who throws a tantrum when he doesn't get his own way. Lets rollback to the end of the SGP last season. Opening ride wins the title, third ride it appeared for the world that he deliberately (is that not called cheating?) slowed down to let Monster teammate Holder get his much needed win. The ref agreed this was dodgy and rightly excluded HanCOCK. What happens next Hancock throws a childish tantrum and withdraws from the meeting (claiming clutch problems)... only to appear later to collect his trophy.

Legend? I think not.

Last season in the SWC he turned up for the semi-final, was interviewed and made no suggestion that he would not be at Belle Vue for the race off. Come race off night, HanCOCK was nowhere to be seen and had decided not to bother coming to the UK citing some lame excuse that he was giving the kids a chance. No thought about the British fans he cheated, or the other teams who benefited from additional points most likely gained from the rides he should have been in.

Legend? I think not.

Then the incident with Nikki where HanCOCK assaulted NP (was rightly fined, but not enough). The fight was heat of the moment stuff. What happened two days later was not. He or his team made a statement on his website making some very personal accusations about Nikki and seemingly questioning his mental health. The post was akin to bullying Nikki in my opinion. The post seems to have been removed, so I can't quote from it.

NOT a fan then :D

• Like 2

Yeah, and then he will make out some pathetic excuse like 'I am giving the younger riders a chance.

So, it's nothing to do with no sporting reason to justify him being given a wildcard is it?

It's the fact you don't like him.

He's won two World Titles in the last three years, I feel that's enough of a 'sporting reason'.

Legend?

Legend? I think not.

Legend? I think not.

And I read a little further and my point is proven.

Greg had an MRI done and it shows that he will need a surgery to fix his shoulder injury which likely means that he'll miss the rest of the season.

Article might be behind a paywall. http://mvt.se/sport/har-ar-beskedet-om-piratstjarnan-om4753197.aspx

He dislocated the shoulder during practice and the he/his team popped it back into location but the shoulder dislocated another two times

which severed the injury. Greg is considering several options since the Swedish doctor he normally use is on vacation. Greg even considers
flying to California to have a surgery done there. Once the surgery is done, the shoulder will need 6-8 weeks to heal properly.

Greg had an MRI done and it shows that he will need a surgery to fix his shoulder injury which likely means that he'll miss the rest of the season.

Article might be behind a paywall. http://mvt.se/sport/har-ar-beskedet-om-piratstjarnan-om4753197.aspx

He dislocated the shoulder during practice and the he/his team popped it back into location but the shoulder dislocated another two times

which severed the injury. Greg is considering several options since the Swedish doctor he normally use is on vacation. Greg even considers

flying to California to have a surgery done there. Once the surgery is done, the shoulder will need 6-8 weeks to heal properly.

Not good news for Hancock but not a surprise as it popped out 4 times last week. Who comes into the GP ? Anyone know ?

Not good news for Hancock but not a surprise as it popped out 4 times last week. Who comes into the GP ? Anyone know ?

Martin Smolinski. Next in line Max Fricke.

Pulling out injured gives him a better chance of getting a Wildcard for next year than finishing way down this year

Guest Scunny2012

Pulling out injured gives him a better chance of getting a Wildcard for next year than finishing way down this year

suppose it depends whether Hancock will want to carry on in the GPs after this injury, with age comes longer recovery, but it would be a shame if we lost Hancock and Pedersen in the GPs in the same year.

Edited by Scunny2012

i would suspect that this is the end for Greg it is a long time out for anyone and at his age I think it maybe an ideal way to bow out ,I think he will have time to reflect and the loss of momentum may just be too much for even him to overcome.

i would suspect that this is the end for Greg it is a long time out for anyone and at his age I think it maybe an ideal way to bow out ,I think he will have time to reflect and

the loss of momentum may just be too much for even him to overcome.

He already said that he want to have the surgery as soon as possible so that he could get a few meetings before he goes back to California for the winter break.

If Nicki is back in Malilla then kildemand will get another chance.

• Like 1