British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
False dawn

Greg Hancock Hurt?

Guest GiveusaB

Legend?

This is a despicable man who throws a tantrum when he doesn't get his own way. Lets rollback to the end of the SGP last season. Opening ride wins the title, third ride it appeared for the world that he deliberately (is that not called cheating?) slowed down to let Monster teammate Holder get his much needed win. The ref agreed this was dodgy and rightly excluded HanCOCK. What happens next Hancock throws a childish tantrum and withdraws from the meeting (claiming clutch problems)... only to appear later to collect his trophy.

Legend? I think not.

Last season in the SWC he turned up for the semi-final, was interviewed and made no suggestion that he would not be at Belle Vue for the race off. Come race off night, HanCOCK was nowhere to be seen and had decided not to bother coming to the UK citing some lame excuse that he was giving the kids a chance. No thought about the British fans he cheated, or the other teams who benefited from additional points most likely gained from the rides he should have been in.

Legend? I think not.

Then the incident with Nikki where HanCOCK assaulted NP (was rightly fined, but not enough). The fight was heat of the moment stuff. What happened two days later was not. He or his team made a statement on his website making some very personal accusations about Nikki and seemingly questioning his mental health. The post was akin to bullying Nikki in my opinion. The post seems to have been removed, so I can't quote from it.

So no, Greg Hancock is less Legend and more HanCOCK.

He's a LEGEND!!!

He's a L

Legend?

This is a despicable man who throws a tantrum when he doesn't get his own way. Lets rollback to the end of the SGP last season. Opening ride wins the title, third ride it appeared for the world that he deliberately (is that not called cheating?) slowed down to let Monster teammate Holder get his much needed win. The ref agreed this was dodgy and rightly excluded HanCOCK. What happens next Hancock throws a childish tantrum and withdraws from the meeting (claiming clutch problems)... only to appear later to collect his trophy.

Legend? I think not.

Last season in the SWC he turned up for the semi-final, was interviewed and made no suggestion that he would not be at Belle Vue for the race off. Come race off night, HanCOCK was nowhere to be seen and had decided not to bother coming to the UK citing some lame excuse that he was giving the kids a chance. No thought about the British fans he cheated, or the other teams who benefited from additional points most likely gained from the rides he should have been in.

Legend? I think not.

Then the incident with Nikki where HanCOCK assaulted NP (was rightly fined, but not enough). The fight was heat of the moment stuff. What happened two days later was not. He or his team made a statement on his website making some very personal accusations about Nikki and seemingly questioning his mental health. The post was akin to bullying Nikki in my opinion. The post seems to have been removed, so I can't quote from it.

Name another rider in the history of the sport that's won a world title at his age ???

TOP HAT!

Legend?

Legend? I think not.

Legend? I think not.

Oh and as for bullying Nikki Pedersen ??? what planet you on ??? You big tart !!!

Oh and as for bullying Nikki Pedersen ??? what planet you on ??? You big tart !!!

He is correct on that point.

• Like 1

Greg says he might try and ride in Målilla despite that he needs surgery. http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/5942/hancock-to-delay-shoulder-surgery

IMO it is questionable if he should be allowed to ride or not due to his injury. There are too many riders riding half injured and by that

risking to injure themselves or others.

• Like 2

Greg says he might try and ride in Målilla despite that he needs surgery. http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/5942/hancock-to-delay-shoulder-surgery

IMO it is questionable if he should be allowed to ride or not due to his injury. There are too many riders riding half injured and by that

Got to hope Nicki decides to give it a go, I don't think we want to suffer anymore of Smolinski do we? Edited by Jacques

Got to hope Nicki decides to give it a go, I don't think we want to suffer anymore of Smolinski do we?

Third choice Max Fricke out injured now, so maybe a second wildcard.

He is correct on that point.

he's also correct that greg has been a bot of a tw@t over the last 18 months or so, the "highlight" probably being the tantrum after being exlcuded in the GP, a display which would have shamed a man 45 years younger.

But it's irrelevant to Greg's status as a legend, he has to be regarded as comfortably within the top 20 riders to have graced the sport.

• Like 2

Guest GiveusaB

If anybody thinks that Greg is the only rider to have helped out a fellow professional are deluded ??? It just shows what a decent guy he is !!!

It's human nature and happens in EVERY sport !!!

If anybody thinks that Greg is the only rider to have helped out a fellow professional are deluded ??? It just shows what a decent guy he is !!!

Bruce Penhall still gets plenty about his actions 35 years on.

Worst thing for me was Hanvock walking out of the meeting when sprung and subsequent lies gabout the incident.

• Like 1

You can't be half injured but you can be half fit.

• Like 1

Actually, if you are caught fixing a result in most sports you receive a ban and usually a long one.

so it's human natural to cheat and to fix races..hate to see what's not decent .in other sports people have had large bans and in cricket people who done spot fixing went to prison Edited by orion

Try fixing a result in any other sport. See if you're seen as a nice guy or a fraud

Guest GiveusaB

You lot make me laugh !!!

Some of you should read Malcolm Simmons book ??? Legend at Poole apparently ??? :rofl: Matt Ford's antics leave a lot to be desired over recent seasons...but I havent heard any Poole fans complaining ??? :nono:

Most sports are corrupt and you dont live in the real world if you think they're not!

It stems from the government/police and society in general.

Wake up and smell the coffee!

Some of you should read Malcolm Simmons book ??? Legend at Poole apparently ??? :rofl: Matt Ford's antics leave a lot to be desired over recent seasons...but I havent heard any Poole fans complaining ??? :nono:

Most sports are corrupt and you dont live in the real world if you think they're not!

Everything I know about Malcolm Simmons I think he was a bit of a twit, Matt Ford is a cheating git.

Hancock cheated. It's as simple as that. You was excluded for race fixing. He got away lightly.

It's always amusing when folk get in such a muddle they start arguing against themselves.

• Like 1