British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Cardiff 2018 21st July

Well going by hotel bookings..... looks like 21st July! Some extortionate prices already!

We have been staying at the same Premier inn for some years now and normally it's been full of Speedway fans with the restaurant full on Friday and Saturday nights.

This year was very quiet in comparison. I don't know if it was full but the carpark was half empty and the pub very quiet throughout the weekend so I thought perhaps people had been put off by prices.

Obviously Premier inn don't agree as we paid £245 for 3 nights this year but have just checked for 2018 and the same 3 nights are £376 and that's a pay up front no amends or refund. Ouch!

We have been staying at the same Premier inn for some years now and normally it's been full of Speedway fans with the restaurant full on Friday and Saturday nights.

This year was very quiet in comparison. I don't know if it was full but the carpark was half empty and the pub very quiet throughout the weekend so I thought perhaps people had been put off by prices.

Obviously Premier inn don't agree as we paid £245 for 3 nights this year but have just checked for 2018 and the same 3 nights are £376 and that's a pay up front no amends or refund. Ouch!

Ouch indeed. One day they all will outprice themselves.

Tickets and hotel booked. Coldra court hotel Newport two nights £195 quite happy with that

Tickets and hotel booked. Coldra court hotel Newport two nights £195 quite happy with that

Now owned by the Celtic Manor.Make sure you use all their facilities at the main resort.Absolute luxury.

• Like 1

Now owned by the Celtic Manor.Make sure you use all their facilities at the main resort.Absolute luxury.

We used to go to the Celtic manor resort hotel every year but prices got a bit silly, but yes we'll be taking advantage of the facilities. Edited by andys

Well going by hotel bookings..... looks like 21st July! Some extortionate prices already!

Think these buggers are taking the urine....scandalous

Booked into a Cardiff city centre hotel as part of the Berwick Bandits Supporters Club booze cruise. No idea of the cost, but knowing them it'll be reasonable, considering.

Edited by Shads

Guest GiveusaB

BnB's in Cardiff reasonably priced.....£100 2 nights, free parking, 20 mins walk to stadium etc....

Booked into a Cardiff city centre hotel as part of the Berwick Bandits Supporters Club booze cruise. No idea of the cost, but knowing them it'll be reasonable, considering.

Living there, travelling with them- i will give it 3 months before you are one of them 😋

Living there, travelling with them- i will give it 3 months before you are one of them 😋

3 months, 3 years, it'll make no difference. Once a Rocket always a Rocket 😃

• Like 1

Us too. Stayed at Premier Inn Llantrisant - £145 for 2 nights, which I was quite happy with. GP weekend next year - £298. Suitably worded email fired off to Premier Inn.

What the view like in the backstraight upper tier?

Good value for £19?

Two nights (Friday & Saturday), single bed en-suite room. £52.02 total.

10 minutes walk from the Stadium.

Absolute bargain.

Get first dibs on rooms for next year too, once prices are decided!

University accommodation.

Hotel booked, ticket bought, just need to wait for easyjet. :t:

Edited by tyretrax

What the view like in the backstraight upper tier?

Good value for £19?

We done 3 years on the 3rd tier 3rd bend for £19 each year per person, and no problem, being higher up means you can see the track from a (semi) birds eye view ie see most of the track and the lead up to passing moves.