British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Cardiff 2018 21st July

We were looking directly down the back straight from the second bend. £49 a ticket though which I thought was quite pricy. When the other halfs family used to go they'd insist on lower tier seats as close to the start line as they could get. Rubbish view though

That's what I paid but was in the lower tier on bend 4, was thinking of going N1 or N2 on the middle tier next year which are £47 at the minute. To avoid the air horns I was thinking of paying the £72 in section M27 which would be £50 extra in total. bit pricey to say the least though, but might not bother with the hotel next year. anyone sat in both these sections so could judge if its worth the extra in M27

We go either N1,2 or 3 every year, went on lower tier once would never do it again absolutely rubbish view.

• Like 2

I've sat bottom tier bend 2, Middle on bend 3, the back straight and coming out of bend 2 and the upper tier in all sorts of places. And for me, nothing beat the top tier. If you can get front row of middle tier it's ok but I like jumping up and down while watching sport so felt awkward having to stay sat down. The bottom tier IMO, is rubbish, its quieter and less atmosphere but if you want quieter then maybe the bottom tier is the answer?

The other option is go top tier and if you get pissed up Poles, a kid with an airhorn or something else annoying you then just move to somewhere better - theres whole blocks with nobody in! In fact about 4 years ago we were sat right at the back of a block and my niece didn't like it, so we moved to the front row of the top tier in line with the start gate - we explained our thinking to the stewards and they agreed it was ok but we were sat in the parade bikers seats so may need to move, when they did come along they had no issue with us being sat that. Probably the best seats as a compromise of everything for me - lower down, nobody in front of us, close enough to people for noise/atmosphere. And no queue at the bar :D

Thanks for that I have sat everywhere myself and top tier doesn't bother me with drunks etc but the wife enjoyed it that much she wants to go again next year. Won't do bottom section again though. Definately doing middle tier just wondering if the extras worth it. Might toss a coin to decide. Once it's booked it's booked so can forget about the decision making then. Lol. Thanks for the advice though

I take it the hotels haven't put there proper prices on yet and are just showing April fools day prices at the minute

Can hotels stilled be booked through the sgp site, can't see any anywhere on there

Us too. Stayed at Premier Inn Llantrisant - £145 for 2 nights, which I was quite happy with. GP weekend next year - £298. Suitably worded email fired off to Premier Inn.

Might pay to check again.

As I said mine was coming out at £376 last week for prepay no amends and now it's showing £264 at a flexible rate for same 3 nights.

I've booked mine which I can cancel up till the day of arrival if I find anything better.

A friend stayed in the vacant uni student rooms whilst they are on hols. £21 per night including parking, 10 mins walk from stadium. No tele in room but a bed and a shower. what more do you want?

Edited by Mike.Butler
  • Like 1

A friend stayed in the vacant uni student rooms whilst they are on hols. £21 per night including parking, 10 mins walk from stadium. No tele in room but a bed and a shower. what more do you want?

Breakfast and a bar I can drink in till 3am. ;):cheers:

£26 per night.

On 7/26/2017 at 4:32 PM, bruno said:

Can hotels stilled be booked through the sgp site, can't see any anywhere on there

You will pay a premium.   The usual companies block book rooms and then sell them to the poor paying public with a nice mark up.   Disgracegful really.     Don't buy and then prices will come down.    Should be a law about second market sellers.    Hopefully the fuss with Viagogo will speed things up with this type of thing.

• Like 1