British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Cardiff 2018 21st July

Professional cameras on items not allowed in stadium......professional DSLR ....Nikon D5?

Where are cardiff getting the shale from ? I keep reading the shale the tracks are buying is rubbish and the meeting I saw at wolves Monday pretty much proved it so where are cardiff getting it from and if it’s the right stuff why are british tracks not getting it from the same place

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Where are cardiff getting the shale from ? I keep reading the shale the tracks are buying is rubbish and the meeting I saw at wolves Monday pretty much proved it so where are cardiff getting it from and if it’s the right stuff why are british tracks not getting it from the same place

Don't they still store it after each years event, kept under strict control regarding moisture etc.   Used to be the case I'm sure.

45 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Don't they still store it after each years event, kept under strict control regarding moisture etc.   Used to be the case I'm sure.

YES they do ... includes a now established element of clay which retains moisture and helps bind it together.

Edited by PHILIPRISING

4 hours ago, nw42 said:

Yep very strct control-stacked in a pyramid shape under tarpaulins isn't it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waiheke1 said:

Yep very strct control-stacked in a pyramid shape under tarpaulins isn't it?

I think they buggered it up once or twice but it's been ok in recent times since they put bricks around the edges of the tarpaulin,  to keep the moisture in.

• Like 1

In fairness the track and racing has been very good since that debacle. Obviously the brick have made the difference, perhaps now it is an advanced-climate controlled envirmoment. Very hi tech 

16 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YES they do ... includes a now established element of clay which retains moisture and helps bind it together.

Phil, changing the subject slightly. Im not impressed with the Stars contrabution to what should be our flagship meeting of the season. You have 7 pages, on which 4 of those are taken up with 2 riders.. Not good mate.

16 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I wish they would let british clubs know where they can get this stuff. Breeden no longer have it and many tracks are struggling to get proper   decent Red shale, with the right consistancy of clay, so when you ball it up in yr hand it should stay like that. Many tracks are getting the stuff that you ball it up and it just falls appart into dust.

Prices now up for the British GP. BET 365 go, 100/30  Tai, good price that. 6's Doyley 8's Bartoz Z, 8's freddie lindgren 8's bar.
Others have also priced up but best price 100/30 Tai in the village, i can see him starting shorter.

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Prices now up for the British GP. BET 365 go, 100/30  Tai, good price that. 6's Doyley 8's Bartoz Z, 8's freddie lindgren 8's bar.
Others have also priced up but best price 100/30 Tai in the village, i can see him starting shorter.

We agree on something!! I honestly think Tai is a cert and Im not one to be confident about speedway favourites normally!!

Was very very grippy at practice be interesting to see the conditions come tomorrow night.