British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Cardiff 2018 21st July

Based on previous experience can anyone tell me what time the last race is likely to take place please?   Reruns etc can obviously have a bearing but generally I'm sure it's a fairly slick run meeting as a rule.

1 hour ago, nw42 said:

Based on previous experience can anyone tell me what time the last race is likely to take place please?   Reruns etc can obviously have a bearing but generally I'm sure it's a fairly slick run meeting as a rule.

7.50pm

Heading out the door shortly. Always a good day out. Hope the crowd holds up. Would be sad to lose this event.

Bbc breakfast have mentioned the GP! Shock!  Mike Bushell has a go. Its on at 8.35ish.

Lambert to do well on his full meeting debut but just miss out on a semi-final place. I dream of him winning it but that is the stuff of fantasy. Ride on Ruthless. ruthlessly!

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

7.50pm

Thanks Tim, that will do nicely, we're invited to the neighbours this evening for drinks etc, 8pm sounds like a good time to turn up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bbc breakfast have mentioned the GP! Shock!  Mike Bushell has a go. Its on at 8.35ish.

Just seen the thid - a fantastic slot for Speedway

Some positive words from the presenters too!

A valuable piece of airtime :t:

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Heading out the door shortly. Always a good day out. Hope the crowd holds up. Would be sad to lose this event.

The sports taken a battering in the U.K. this year, we could do with a really good GP to try and reignite some interest. A British winner would be brilliant. 

• Like 3

Woffinden should do that but is far from a cert. Lambert to just miss out on the semi-finals. Cook, if he has discovered the set up that works for him, needs to show us that that is the case tonight.

14 hours ago, Tim G said:

Sky bet offering 3/1 on Tai but 4/1 on a British winner!!

Glad you mentioned this. Was gonna lump on Woffy at 10/3.

Just bought our tickets from the ticket office. Only £19 this year!  Cheap as chips!  We just move once meeting about to start. 

12 hours ago, speedwaysliders said:

So did Chris Holder have any problems getting into the uk,or did he arrive via calais by lorry!!!!?

as far as im aware hes never had problem getting into uk as proved when he was in the pits at belle vue 

the problem is with getting a visa to work/ride for britishe speedway team 

reasons for which are still a mystery to some 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tim G said:

Sky bet offering 3/1 on Tai but 4/1 on a British winner!!

so do bookies class tai as a aussie then 

will they pay put if tai wins and you take the british winner bet

I hoping Robert can gate in his first heat from the inside, and that be a settler.   I can see him in the semis, that would be good. Its whether he can string 5 good rides together, if he does that then a final may be on for him. its tough racing in a GP though, sure he knows that.