British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Cardiff 2018 21st July

42 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

The best moment : Lindgren sitting in his pits and spouting something foul-mouthed at the camera.

The new Nicki Pedersen, without the charisma

Really cool like this humerous comment ...

Doyle's own fault IMO if he had done that to the likes of Hancock he may have backed off but a young "buck " is not intimidated in the same way if you live by the sword as they say .Doyle was a worthy  Champ last year but I think that most riders are aware of his robust style now and deal with it  which IMO has lead to his poor position this season in the GP'S .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

UNLIKE you to have a moan about NP:wub: Try actually going and you won't have to put up with it.

My circumstances - particularly health - are none of your business

5 minutes ago, FAST GATER said:

Doyle's own fault IMO if he had done that to the likes of Hancock he may have backed off but a young "buck " is not intimidated in the same way if you live by the sword as they say .Doyle was a worthy  Champ last year but I think that most riders are aware of his robust style now and deal with it  which IMO has lead to his poor position this season in the GP'S .

It could be that Doyle, rather than trying to lean in on Lambert to block him, was attempting to cut back under Lambert for an inside run but misjudged the timing, so hardly warranting the previous comment about his style, I wouldn't say he's a dirty rider any more, definitely cleaned his act up in recent times.

33 minutes ago, nw42 said:

It could be that Doyle, rather than trying to lean in on Lambert to block him, was attempting to cut back under Lambert for an inside run but misjudged the timing, so hardly warranting the previous comment about his style, I wouldn't say he's a dirty rider any more, definitely cleaned his act up in recent times.

Sorry about the timing of the meeting end- sadly myself and others had to watch the final on a mobile to get the last direct train back to Reading/London

22 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Sorry about the timing of the meeting end- sadly myself and others had to watch the final on a mobile to get the last direct train back to Reading/London

No worries, I sent my wife on ahead while I 'got the cat in, locked up, checked the windows etc etc', neighbours didn't even notice I wasn't there.

• Like 1

Absolutely enjoyed the day and the meeting. Good racing on a decent indoor track. Referees decisions brought controversy to the meeting and has got a lot of people talking. Thought the crowd attendance was up on last year which was good. Robert Lambert well done young man on such quick reactions to lay your bike down to avoid going into Craig Cook. Hopefully Craig’s night will fill him with some confidence going forward. Whilst Robert may see it as a bad nights return he will have learnt a great deal from the night which should hold him in good stead for the future. Don’t know how Greg still keeps producing but long may it’s continue. Congratulations to Bartosz Zmarzlik on winning the event and best wishes to Tai for the remaninder of the season and hopefully bringing home the trophy. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheReturn said:

So should we cancel our BT Sports subscription too?  What about the overseas GPs, we should quit our jobs that keep us working at weekends and travel across Europe to watch live all to avoid hearing a so called professional (joke) sports commentator shout/scream like a demented fool, ruining otherwise very good BT Sport coverage? 

Ok then... 

Here we go again, same bile from the same people meeting after meeting year after year if you included the Producer and Director in your criticism you might get near the mark but all the time he is told to big it up by his masters he will because the feedback from the majority is just the opposite to yours. Each to their own of course but your incessant Pearson bashing makes it look personal and I'll bet there's a grain of truth in that.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Guest GiveusaB

Awful screeching woman on the mike in between races/track grades ???

Please don't use her again!!!

She rivaled the ref for 'worst performance of the night'!

Edited by GiveusaB

32 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

SECOND that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scaramanga said:

you didn't say 1 person though did you  you didn't aim it at 1 individual 

you said even the people in the pauper pit the smelly people 

obviously now you are having a personal joke with a friend but you have still labelled all in that section the same 

and its still on here that you called them smelly poor people 

you think you were having a joke 

how many sitting in them seats will know you didn't aim your comments at them 

OK we get it, you're smelly and poor, get over it... move on

I thought yesterday's British GP was the best I've been to (and I've been to them all), the on track action was top notch. I don't think the parade worked though, I had absolutely no idea where I was supposed to be looking, couldn't hear any of the announcements, there were no rider interviews and the replays of the crashes were few and far between. And the hush that came over the stadium when Doyley was down was reminiscent of Bradford 1989, somebody could have said something or played some low volume music or something!

That said I took a friend and his lad down with me who'd only been to Speedway with me twice before a number of years back and they both said they had a cracking day out, which proves Speedway can attract new people. I had no hesitation taking them to a GP for £19... a League match at Leicester though? Forget it

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Totally agree. Couldn’t hardly understand a single word she said. Useless and annoying. Get rid.

As opposite her is Kevin Coombes who is clear, knowledgeable and still knows how to get the crowd going.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SECOND that. 

Can you THIRD it too. No amount of enthusiasm can make up for the fact that some voices simply aren’t suited to shouting down a PA.

I’d agree with those who thought the introductions didn’t work. Took me 5 riders to work out what was happening. OK for TV but didn’t work live.

Although meeting delays are part of the sport, what chance of starting the racing at 17.00 rather than 17.15 next year? 15 minutes wouldn’t dent the pub profits too much (and perhaps would have prevented the guy next to me from falling over :drink:) but it would remove the anxiety for those travelling back by train to Swindon, Reading and London.

Missing the fireworks is no big deal, but missing the final race (as many clearly did) after such a good evening is a bit of a disappointment. Sure it’s a small percentage of the crowd but not insignificant.

Edited by Tactical Joker