British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Cardiff 2018 21st July

5 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

The best moment : Lindgren sitting in his pits and spouting something foul-mouthed at the camera.

The new Nicki Pedersen, without the charisma

think your right there Freddie gone from everyones neutral favourite to a desperate wild man wanting to win regardless of whos in his way 

7 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

think your right there Freddie gone from everyones neutral favourite to a desperate wild man wanting to win regardless of whos in his way 

Bit of an exaggeration.I said before the start that he wouldn't win despite some saying how he was doing great in Poland,and he has always been a dirty b.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NOT involved and BSI no longer hold the post meeting Press Conference at which the official stadium figure was provided.

What bothered me was the end behind the big screen was pretty full but the other end, where we could have seen the big screen was empty (top section ).

That and the stupid way to introduce the riders.  

Great time tho and my son on his first visit loved it.  

17 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NOT involved and BSI no longer hold the post meeting Press Conference at which the official stadium figure was provided.

But the Star must either know or want to know surely?

• Like 1

The parade didn't work at all on TV ... It looked as if there had been no coordination between the organisers and TV people at all ... I just assumed it was tons better in the Stadium. Live.

But perhaps not.

Edited by Grand Central

On 21 July 2018 at 10:56 PM, scaramanga said:

what right have you to judge and call the people in the cheaper seats 

im sure a lot of them people will be far more honest and friendly than a lot in the snob/expensive seats

disgracefull post 

I was in a even cheaper seat on my mates sofa as I don't have btsports

so what does that make me if even the smelly poor paupers paid £19 to watch 

Whoa, steady on. You don't know me either yet, because I sat in the most expensive seats I must be a dishonest and unfriendly snob. You feel it not at all disgraceful to insult me and those around simply because of your irrational pseudo lower socio group persecution ideology, when it was clear to anyone with an IQ higher than an amoeba that another poster was simply having a leg pull with an associate. 

We were all there as speedway fans and I personally dined with 15 people from the smelly seats before the meeting, without the need to have a tetanus jab this morning, exchanging texts and Facebook messages with them before, during and after the meeting. We also stood in line with the hundreds queuing for the busses back to the park and ride and deigned to actually speak with some of them, even though we knew there was nowhere to wash our hands afterwards until the first services. Danger obviously is my middle name.  No, really it is. My parents weren't very good when it came to choosing names; just ask my brother Chisel Trousers Ore.

Why is it that the BSF attracts so many miserable old (FrddieEriksen)ers who always seek to find something to moan about? We had a brilliant meeting, full of action, excitement, incident, atmosphere and bon hommie, blatantly enjoyed by all there and those watching on BT Sport, yet there are always several who otherwise won't be happy.unless they can't find anything to whinge about. 

Fortunately you made an offer to Mr Plinge asking what you personally must be. Sadly my sarcasm juices would enter overdrive to benefit from entering such an opening, so I'll rein the irony in. . Chill out my friend and, to show that we "snobs" are decent folk and not at all unfriendly I  accept, in advance your sincerest apologies, which you as.a decent human being are already composing, for insulting me and those other unknown parties  around our very expensive seats. Good man. 

Anyhow Kent v Birmingham tonight in the Easter Trophy tonight. Hope we have loads of guests and rider replacemen to encourage erudite debate afterwards. Anyone know where the dearest seats there are?  T

Edited by Mr Ore
Spellung mistrark
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

parade was terrible from my point of view, had no idea where any of the riders were except for Garrity who was right behind us.

referee, please retire him off.

i enjoyed the racing

the crowd was the worry in my opinion, seemed noticeably down on previous years, and there was definitely quite a number of Polish supporters missing from previous years. maybe the fact they have 3 'home' GP's has made them stay away?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iris123 said:

Bit of an exaggeration.I said before the start that he wouldn't win despite some saying how he was doing great in Poland,and he has always been a dirty b.......

You okay, mate? Not like you to hold back!!! :rolleyes:

Steve

• Haha 1

Goes back to the Vojens  GP Challenge when he made a nasty move on Bjerre

8 hours ago, stevehone said:

parade was terrible from my point of view, had no idea where any of the riders were except for Garrity who was right behind us.

referee, please retire him off.

i enjoyed the racing

the crowd was the worry in my opinion, seemed noticeably down on previous years, and there was definitely quite a number of Polish supporters missing from previous years. maybe the fact they have 3 'home' GP's has made them stay away?

Got to agree re the parade,couldn't see where any of them come from or even hear them being introduced.

Referee was definitely a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed another Gp.

Racing to me is still so,so just get hooked up with the atmosphere really.

Unsure on the level of attendance,but imo they shouldn't have 3 in Poland anyway.Maybe take one off them and put one at Belle Vue.As i said previously Cardiff has worn a bit thin with me now,but put one at Belle Vue where you know you will get very good racing with these top guys and i think i would attend again.

8 hours ago, Grand Central said:

The parade didn't work at all on TV ... It looked as if there had been no coordination between the organisers and TV people at all ... I just assumed it was tons better in the Stadium. Live.

But perhaps not.

Didnt work in the stadium either, finding a needle in a haystack wouldve been easier than spotting someone waving a flag surrounded by loads of other people waving flags

i think stadium shouldve been in darkness and just the spotlight on the riders as they were named.

18 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Sorry about the timing of the meeting end- sadly myself and others had to watch the final on a mobile to get the last direct train back to Reading/London

Didn't go this year, but had plenty of time to catch train back to Swindon last year, think it was 9.00. What time did meeting finish this year? Will seriously consider driving next year if going to miss the finale.

The racing seems to get better each year, vast improvement since I started going in 2005. Good news that ticket prices haven't increased unlike the Premier League. The reason attendances have held up well in Cardiff.

• Like 1