British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Cardiff 2018 21st July

17 minutes ago, Shale Searcher said:

Where would all the spectators fit at Belle Vue? What's its capacity? 9,000? I don't know, but someone must.... If 36,000 to 46,000 is roughly Cardiff, it just won't work.. 

That's about the tops with the stand on bend 3-4. To make the money they would have to do a pay-as-you-view special. I would accept that even though I BT TV subscriber.

26 minutes ago, Shale Searcher said:

Where would all the spectators fit at Belle Vue? What's its capacity? 9,000? I don't know, but someone must.... If 36,000 to 46,000 is roughly Cardiff, it just won't work.. 

I didn't say do away with Cardiff they could have both.If they could fit 9,000 in that would top Prague by 1,500 spectators.There are also a few Gp circuits that only have 10-15,00 spectator capacity.

Just now, tellboy said:

I didn't say do away with Cardiff they could have both.If they could fit 9,000 in that would top Prague by 1,500 spectators.There are also a few Gp circuits that only have 10-15,00 spectator capacity.

I didn't mean instead of Cardiff either! But why would 36,000 to 46,000 go to Cardiff, and only around 9,000 or less to Belle Vue, sure, it would sell out, but would it make any money? Ticket prices would have to increase tremendously to make it viable, plus as "OFF" said, BT would have to make it a PPV event to improve revenue...... 

3 minutes ago, Shale Searcher said:

I didn't mean instead of Cardiff either! But why would 36,000 to 46,000 go to Cardiff, and only around 9,000 or less to Belle Vue, sure, it would sell out, but would it make any money? Ticket prices would have to increase tremendously to make it viable, plus as "OFF" said, BT would have to make it a PPV event to improve revenue...... 

Do they not then make money from Prague and Hallstavik which only hold 7,500 and 10,000 respectively.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Do they not then make money from Prague and Hallstavik which only hold 7,500 and 10,000 respectively.

Doubt it....  

THE cost of staging a meeting at an established venue with a permanent track is massively cheaper than at the Principality for example.