British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Cardiff 2018 21st July

Anyone observed how much more amenable Tia is these days?

A few years ago in interviews he was often awkward and borderline rude and was certain to swear at least once. 

Nowadays he's more measured, friendly in tone and much more likeable as a result.

I suppose he's grown up basically and I now find myself actually liking him!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Excellent GP with some great racing. Hope Doyle is OK nasty crash.  Deserved winner is Zmarzlik. Woffinden extending his lead. Cook breaking his duck. Crowd looked very good which was perhaps a suprise. 

what duck did cookie break 

he broke his gp race win duck last year 

Edited by scaramanga

cookie went back to the set ups that got him into the GP's, PJR tuning etc,etc, tonights results showed he is right to go back as do a fair few riders.

Wish Doyle all the best - nasty looking incident

Our wonderful BSPA suggests that he will miss meetings for his club SWINDON!

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

A few years ago in interviews he was often awkward and borderline rude and was certain to swear at least once. 

Nowadays he's more measured, friendly in tone and much more likeable as a result.

Tia? :rofl:

8 minutes ago, hyderd said:

cookie went back to the set ups that got him into the GP's, PJR tuning etc,etc, tonights results showed he is right to go back as do a fair few riders.

Sometimes less is more. You can get so involved trying to go faster, that you go the other way. Hope his GP form continues.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

He does come across better these days. Also he seemed genuinely pleased for Cook when he beat him and was helping him when he crashed.

I think I'm warming to him because I'm finding  myself wanting him to do well in the gp's after not really caring how he did the last few years. Still a shame he doesn't do the British Final mind..

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

Watched him at the fan zone and he ws very good with everyone. Definately matured. 

• Like 1

Well done Craig

Keep up the good work and show the doubters that they are well and truly wrong

Hope Jason is going to be ok

• Like 1

How did the event come over on TV?  Being there we all thought it was brilliant but that might not have come across on The box. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

57 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

You would all say that cos Lambert had a stinker

I assume from your comment that you think the referee was brilliant.

Thought ref was crap. Cook was pulled back and warned when it looked like a perfect gste, then Hancock got pulled for the same and ref apologised. Lamberts exclusion with Doyle and Magics ex with Doyle. Crowd booed him several times. 

• Like 1

Why is it they can’t get a decent and safe track at Cardiff? This is part of the reason why I won’t pay to go.

The racing started off great with some great early heats but then the track and ruts ensured some riders would be penalised by it.

Thankfully the worlds best are mostly able to cope with such conditions but I find it so frustrating as a viewer.

Anyway, well done to Bart. Fully deserved victory. Tai the biggest winner with a 20 point lead tho.

Cookie was gating and quick so happy for him to have a good meeting. Felt for Robert tho who had some terrible luck and 2 very poor decisions against him. At least he showed he was quick enough and competitive tho.

Gutted for Freddie who appears to have slightly gone off the boil but still hope he can maintain a top 3 spot.

best wishes to Doylie tho, nasty crash. Hope things are okay with him.

Freddie's issues is the gating. He still rides fast but the gating really dropped the last month or so.