British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Cardiff 2018 21st July

Really enjoyed last night, thought the track was best it’s ever been and racing was good, atmosphere was really good, referee was dreadful even inconstant but it did add to the atomosphere, nicki p, lindgren and the ref getting loudly bood, hope Doyle is ok, overall a great night out, restored some passion back in british speedway for me, there were no classic bikes in the fanzone despite it being advertised which was a letdown for me as I have a passion for old bikes as do a lot of fans but on the whole loved it, also went to Somerset Friday and it too was a decent meeting but felt the crowd for the size was a bit flat but I don’t suppose the rain helped

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

As I said last night, Woffindens pit crew failed to turn on his fuel tap. He had to go fishing for it on the first bend and was fine in the heat after that, albeit half a lap behind. The stadium cameras then picked him up giving a bollocking to the tall mechanic who had his arms raised in apologies. Every heat after that he checked his fuel tap as he approached the tape.

I haven’t seen it but on BT he said it was an ignition problem. Clearly wanting to keep any issues “in house” rather than blame his pit crew in public.

In all their years in the 500 GP series I can't remember Honda ever having a mechanical failure, every breakdown was due to the ignition :wink:

10 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Really enjoyed last night, thought the track was best it’s ever been and racing was good, atmosphere was really good, referee was dreadful even inconstant but it did add to the atomosphere, nicki p, lindgren and the ref getting loudly bood, hope Doyle is ok, overall a great night out, restored some passion back in british speedway for me, there were no classic bikes in the fanzone despite it being advertised which was a letdown for me as I have a passion for old bikes as do a lot of fans but on the whole loved it, also went to Somerset Friday and it too was a decent meeting but felt the crowd for the size was a bit flat but I don’t suppose the rain helped

Glad you enjoyed it & nice to know it got your British Speedway, regarding the OLD bikes, yes I have a passion for them, I saw loads of um in Cardiff!!! :D

23 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

a few classic   parade laps  in the interval wouldn't  go amiss , and it would be a talking point for TV  , something a little bit different 

1 hour ago, adonis said:

Looked like he hit a rut . don't think it was anything to do with lambert  , 

I think his front wheel touched Lamberts dirt deflector and the wheel rode up over Lamberts back turning it in,nasty crash.Racing incident IMO .Dont think Lambert should have been DQ.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Nige and Kelvin were brilliant yesterday. They have an excellent rapport, no awkwardness or hesitation and are funny.

Far superior to all the stilted, cliched, pseudo-insightful and just plain dull commentaries in the football World Cup.

if pearson could stop shouting so much  .and stop being biased as well  they would be ok ,  Suzi  Perry  .wouldn't let that bubble anywhere near speedway commentary .  would love a scott nicholls shirt 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I think his front wheel touched Lamberts dirt deflector and the wheel rode up over Lamberts back turning it in,nasty crash.Racing incident IMO .Dont think Lambert should have been DQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxAuSEFS1fI

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

UNLIKE you to have a moan about NP:wub: Try actually going and you won't have to put up with it.

So should we cancel our BT Sports subscription too?  What about the overseas GPs, we should quit our jobs that keep us working at weekends and travel across Europe to watch live all to avoid hearing a so called professional (joke) sports commentator shout/scream like a demented fool, ruining otherwise very good BT Sport coverage? 

Ok then... 

• Thanks 2

The best moment : Lindgren sitting in his pits and spouting something foul-mouthed at the camera.

The new Nicki Pedersen, without the charisma

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, adonis said:

Still think Doyle's front wheel just touched the dirt deflector and turn it up the wheel,but hey it's only an opinion hope Doyle's injuries are not too bad.No malice from Lambert though Doyle would have done the same move in the circumstances but he is not showing the same form this season for some reason.

33 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

So should we cancel our BT Sports subscription too?  What about the overseas GPs, we should quit our jobs that keep us working at weekends and travel across Europe to watch live all to avoid hearing a so called professional (joke) sports commentator shout/scream like a demented fool, ruining otherwise very good BT Sport coverage? 

Ok then... 

BUT you are the minority...

probably right  after watching in slo -mo . but the crash was his own fault trying to lean across Lambert and stop him coming through ,  

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That is my impression of the situation as well. Doyle tried to switch to the inside but had too small margins and hit Lambert's back wheel. Lambert was in no way in fault of the situation. 

• Like 5

Thanks Adonis, rear view shows it much clearer. Doyle’s front wheel definitely rides up lamberts back wheel and then twists as it lands back on track so clearly no failure.

38 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

The best moment : Lindgren sitting in his pits and spouting something foul-mouthed at the camera.

The new Nicki Pedersen, without the charisma

It wasn’t hard to work out what he said, about summed his night up methinks.