British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Somerset Rebels 26/07/17

First of all well done to Somerset. They took advantage at the right time and won it in the final lap, due to Andersens refusal to go out wide in the dirt.

On arrival the gates stayed close and rumours swept the queues that the meeting might be off. Finally the gates opened at 6.45 and we were met by a messed up track with work going on to scrape the dirt off. Piles of the stuff on the inside of the track. I thought the track staff did a very good job and racing started on time.

Race times were slower by a couple of seconds but racing was reasonable given the conditions. It was clear pretty quickly that some facied it more than others.

For Poole.

Andersen battled but would not go out wide and this cost us the win in heat 15. We gated on a 5-1 but Andersen hugged the curb and allowed Lawson around him. A lap later Josh G followed but instead of switching to the outside Andersen continued to try and work back through by the curb. Never going to happen and a very poor ride.

Worrall was excellent. Man of the meeting.

Holder was very poor. Unlucky to be excluded when Allen was all over the place. Made a pass but clipped Allens front wheel. Allen looked out of control at the time. But poor from Holder regardless.

Kennett had a decent debut. Two wins and a battling third.

Lahti was crap.

Starke rode well. Unfortunately tried to charge through and caused a stoppage in the same heat Holder had been excluded, which in the end cost us at least the draw.

Shanes did his job.

For Somerset Lawson probably had his best meeting at Poole, Josh G was very good value. Hougaard was rubbish. If he had been on form Somerset would have picked up 4 points tonight. The rest did their job.

A poor poor defeat for Poole. We are better than this but tonight was one of those nights. Next week Belle Vue are in town so god help us! Lol!

• Like 1

If it wasn't for 2 wingers Poole might be -4 points at this stage

Who's that Gigg's and Kanchelskis :D

Starman is getting ready to write his detailed analysis

To be fair.His analysis hasn't been bad latley

Who's that Gigg's and Kanchelskis :D

???..Ha yeah.But Giggs,stayed there for ever

Edited by Bald Bloke

Just not our year this year. No consistency in the team this year. As much as it pains me to say this but I have to agree with Gater tonight. He or she does have a point about Lahti riding @ No.5.

Silly decision really.

Just not our year this year. No consistency in the team this year. As much as it pains me to say this but I have to agree with Gater tonight. He or she does have a point about Lahti riding @ No.5.

Silly decision really.

It was an odd one putting Lahti at 5 but, in reality, whoever was in that position would have found the going tough.

Easy to say now that Worrall should have been there.

good meeting tonight track looked grim when we got there poor decision lahti at 5 dont know were that idea came from richie worrall rider of the night . ss said times were 2 seconds slower dont know were he got that from times were same as last week well done somerset

• Like 1

good meeting tonight track looked grim when we got there poor decision lahti at 5 dont know were that idea came from richie worrall rider of the night . ss said times were 2 seconds slower dont know were he got that from times were same as last week well done somerset

Looking at SS vid I think Poole did well to get the meeting on.

Would love to be in the close proximity of a certain Matt Ford tonight.

Must admit I had a beam of a Cheshire Cat when I saw yet ANOTHER home loss for the Pirates - so who

gonna lose their job this week ? Perhaps Mr Middledich is the one this time - obviously not able

to manage/motivate a bunch of grown "professionals"

somerset rode a very difficult track with much more determination,also generally gated much better and thourghly deserved the win,there seemed very little team spirit in the poole camp last yr and much less this yr.i suppose all you can do is make the play offs(if kings lynn allow us)roll the dice and hope for the best(and a fair dollop of luck)

Middledich not there on holiday matt team manager tonight i believe

• Like 1

28th July

Thanks. Wow didn't realise it was that near. So most of these teams could now be the ones that finish the league

Another home loss for the Pirates??

Oh dear.

Well done the Rebels.

• Like 3

Thanks. Wow didn't realise it was that near. So most of these teams could now be the ones that finish the league

Apart from those who come with an "injury" for a rider, who I understand can be replaced

• Like 1

Give it a rest with this pie in the sky nonsense.

Actually Poolebolton is 100% correct ​there is a picture on twitter of the programme page.

Read it for yourself instead of giving it large like the Swindon fans.

Some members can't put anything on here without a comeback.

Will Poole ever win again?

No!!

Still only Belle Vue next week.......That'll be the 5th home defeat in a row!!!

This has gotta be the worst Poole team in their 69 year history.

• Like 1