British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Argos

How Ironic

On the day a rider that has ridden in a Australia championship gets his average reduced from 5 to 3 Daniel Spiller who also rode on a 3 wins the German Under 21 Championship

On the day a rider that has ridden in a Australia championship gets his average reduced from 5 to 3 Daniel Spiller who also rode on a 3 wins the German Under 21 Championship

Very interesting - but what's the National League connection please? Have you posted in the wrong section? Perhaps INTERNATIONAL WORLD OF SPEEDWAY would possibly be better?

Edited by Guest

Very interesting - but what's the National League connection please? Have you posted in the wrong section? Perhaps INTERNATIONAL WORLD OF SPEEDWAY would possibly be better?

Rode for Eastbourne i believe.. not up to date with my NL but i think that was it.

• Like 1

My apologies Argos. I see that Daniel Spiller has a link going back to 2015 with Eastbourne:

http://www.eastbourneeagles.co/news.php?extend.825

Edited by Guest

No, it isn't ironic.

Rain on your wedding day is ironic.

A free ride when you've already paid is ironic.

Good advice that you just can't take is ironic.

I don't understand what you're saying? Who had his average reduced from 5 to 3? And what about Daniel Spiller?

Edited by Dandelion

Australian Matt Marson had is average reduced from 5 to 3 allthough he rode in the Australian Speedway Championships, and Daniel Spiller rode for Eastbourne in 2015 and as my post mentioned,last week he won the German Under 21 Championship, which now means he can only ride for Germany in the future so our NL was used to train a future Germany rider and every meeting he rode in for Eastbourne deprived a English rider of experience

Australian Matt Marson had is average reduced from 5 to 3 allthough he rode in the Australian Speedway Championships, and Daniel Spiller rode for Eastbourne in 2015 and as my post mentioned,last week he won the German Under 21 Championship, which now means he can only ride for Germany in the future so our NL was used to train a future Germany rider and every meeting he rode in for Eastbourne deprived a English rider of experience

Is Daniel Spilier a born German? I am not familiar with his speedway background either.

Edited by Guest

His parents are both British however they have lived over in Germany for some time and so him and his younger brother Ethan have been riding on German Licences so cannot ride over here now apparently as dont have British ones. But i would have thought that they can still apply for British ones.

Is Daniel Spilier a born German? I am not familiar with his speedway background either.

His parents are both British however they have lived over in Germany for some time and so him and his younger brother Ethan have been riding on German Licences so cannot ride over here now apparently as dont have British ones. But i would have thought that they can still apply for British ones.

In my opinion I can see no reason why if Daniel Spiller has British parents that he cannot also as you say Moleman apply for a British licence. Even more so if he was born in the UK and then taken to Germany. In fact, as the UK are currently still members of the EU - and will be for some time - a block on him racing in the UK could also mean their guidelines on EU nationals 'being employed in all member states' would be effective.

On the other hand, as he has British parents I can see no effective way in which if he in interested that he can be stopped from riding in the UK at National League level.

So far as the Australian youngster Matt Marson is concerned, there are restrictions in regard to non-EU nationals being employed in the UK and he would have been affected by that criteria.

Or have I got it all wrong. :unsure:

Edited by Guest

Enjoyed watching him for the Eagles, fine young rider and nice lad. Love to see him back again at some point.

Marson is a similar case I think in which again one or both his parents are British, but many riders have a similar case who have ridden in the NL or are currently.

I thought Spiller was born in Kent?Not sure on that but sure he can hold dual passports until the UK leave the EU.Winning the German U21 title doesn't stop him riding for GB.Robert Lambert also rode in the German U21 championship

And of course Schlein riding for Australia has not precluded him from riding in the British championship.