British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Janowski Or Doyle For 2017 World Champion,

It looks like it is a battle between Doyle & Janowski, Dudek can't get a result in a a final and Lindgren has slipped back into the also ran section. None of the previous title winners look in contention.

Edited by Col

I wouldnt rule too many out yet.

Apart from the engine failure in the final, Zmarzlik would have had a massive amount of points at Cardiff/

There is still 6 rounds to go, mostly on well known tracks to the riders. Just hit good form, get it right on the night and someone can still make up 20 or so points, in the next 4 meetings, making the last 2 very interesting.

It looks like it is a battle between Doyle & Janowski, Dudek can't get a result in a a final and Lindgren has slipped back into the also ran section. None of the previous title winners look in contention.

Like you say its beginning to look like a 3 horse race. 17points further back is 4th and that a whole meeting's worth. I feel for Doyle who should be the current World Champion had it not been for unfortunate accidents and injuries. Nobody deserves to win it more than Doyle for consistency he has shown but I have this niggle that too many fall offs could strike him again. He's carrying two injuries at present. Will this be his downfall?? I hope not.......

At the start of the year I picked out Dudek and Smarzlik as two riders who can mix it with the best. Both are incredibly quick Poles who are both more than capable of winning any race. I think they are both doing exceptionally well but I feel this year might be to soon.

After his second SGP win of the season Janowski has really come to the fore. So wonderfully talented and still so grounded. He does everything so precise. His smooth style and electric starts, don't faulter even when under immense pressure . When I had the privilege of watching him ride for Lynn. He had incredible ability and simple oozed natural talent and speed. Even though only a young lad he portrayed all the makings of a champion then..... I don't think you need to look elsewhere for this years World Champion....

Doyle for me is the best rider in the World and i believe he will prove it this year i dont see it as a three horse race time for others to make up lost ground.

• Like 3

Guest GiveusaB

Doyle for me.... Janowski is a better gater....but Doyle looks like he wants it more and will take the necessary risks to ensure that he gets it!!!

Surely we need to shut the Poles up somehow! :t:

Janowski since Doyle have more rough style/attitude and thus is more prone to injuries which I think will reduce his chances to athe world title.

• Like 1

Doyle for me because he has THAT hunger. Denied last year by injury. I feel his time is here. Dudek is more of a threat than Magic because although he is yet to get a result in a final I believe that he will. Very exciting though, even to a jaded old supporter like myself.

Dudek, Lindgren and Woffy are my fav 3 but apart from them out of the challengers Janowski for me, always went about his business quietly and officiently and I'm not a fan of Doyle and his short temper, typical Aussie can't take getting beat/losing.

Dudek, Lindgren and Woffy are my fav 3 but apart from them out of the challengers Janowski for me, always went about his business quietly and officiently and I'm not a fan of Doyle and his short temper, typical Aussie can't take getting beat/losing.

not liking losing/getting beat is what makes winners

• Like 1

Doyle has been the best rider in the world the last two seasons, fancy him to win it.

A couple of GPS now he's been lucky to scrape into the semis (case in point being gifted a point due to ef that was the difference to making the semis or not) and then scoring decent points in semi and final. Whereas those breaks seem to be going against Tai - a couple of incidents have caused roughly a 15-20 point swing between those two over last couple of meetings.

I think Dudek will be 2nd, he's due a genuinely big score. Magic has been excellent but I wonder if there is the odd low score ahead sometime soon.

Doyle has been the best rider in the world the last two seasons, fancy him to win it.

A couple of GPS now he's been lucky to scrape into the semis (case in point being gifted a point due to ef that was the difference to making the semis or not) and then scoring decent points in semi and final. Whereas those breaks seem to be going against Tai - a couple of incidents have caused roughly a 15-20 point swing between those two over last couple of meetings.

I think Dudek will be 2nd, he's due a genuinely big score. Magic has been excellent but I wonder if there is the odd low score ahead sometime soon.

Out of the next 6 gp's, two are in Poland, two in Sweden (which he will ride regularly) and one in Aussie, which will be similar to Cardiff track.

Magic is a great guy, genuinely nice and works very hard, I'd like to see him winning the GP this year, but I think it's Doyle's year.

Zmarzlik is 23 points behind Doyle as it stands, I have a feeling it will be between him and Doyle in October in Melbourne with Janowski or Dudek finishing third.

Would like Janowski to win it,very smooth rider.Maybe he lacks a bit of ruthlessness,but he is a consistent gater and fast when clear in front ,given the depth of talent hard to predict the Champ though.

Janowski is now at the level where he is a good enough rider to win the championship. The question is, does he also have the mental toughness? Now he is in a position to become a prime contender the next couple of rounds should answer that one.

Doyle has, I think, shown that he has the mentality to win and that maybe gives him a slight edge - but I don't think we should be fooled by Magic's pleasant demeanour just yet! He's right in there with a shout now.

It's funny to be looking at these two at potential winners. When both started at Swindon, I wouldn't have had either down as a future World Champion - particularly Jason.

• Like 1

It only takes for each of the top 3 to have a score of 4 or 5 and one of Zmarzlik, Woffy or Emil to score 21 and suddenly you have them up in there battling. Obviously the top 3 looks like providing the winner now but a crash in a GP or bottling it in a later round could just allow someone else to sneak in.

The two Poles will have huge pressure on them, but will it being shared be what they need?

Something about Dudek I don't think he'll do it - so get your money on him now!

Edited by SCB