British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Janowski Or Doyle For 2017 World Champion,

I really hope Jason Doyle wins it as other than the bad luck it was well and truly in the bag last year.

I'd be happy with Maciej Janowski as he's a great little rider and the one time I had the opportunity to pass the time of day with him he was a top bloke. He was surrounded by youngsters soon after and he posed for photos and signed autographs for them all.

But after last night I can see Tai Woffinden stealing it away from them, he was on it for quiet probably the 1st time this season. Those who don't like Nigel Pearson's commentary may well be cheesed off with hearing Woffy Woffy Woffy by the time the circus gets to Melbourne.

I also think that if Jason Doyle doesn't win this year that it could be his last chance blown. I hope I'm wrong but he's had so many smashes and bad luck.

Doyley still to win it, Tai is inconsistent and he has to prove he can keep this level up i think Tai will av a blip again but last night though Woffinden was the dog's Bollocks.!!! Edited by Sidney the robin

Doyley still to win it, Tai is inconsistent and he has to prove he can keep this level up i think Tai will av a blip again but last night though Woffinden was the dog's Bollocks.!!!

Tai has actually been more consistent than Doyle through the GP season, he's averaging more pts per race.

He's just had some bad luck and made a couple of poor choices which has cost him rides in semis/finals.

Tai has actually been more consistent than Doyle through the GP season, he's averaging more pts per race.

He's just had some bad luck and made a couple of poor choices which has cost him rides in semis/finals.

His gate choice in the semi in Sweden was weird and that cost him.

If he's averaging more per race it's because he wasn't getting into semi finals and finals so it's a misleading statistic as a last in a final is clearly better than not getting into the semis.

Doyle and Janowski had obviously been better or they wouldn't have been above Tai in the standings. However, both have failed to stamp any real authority on the competition and will be nervously looking over their shoulders after Saturday.

Tai's biggest advantage is that he doesn't have the same pressure to win the title as Janowski, Dudek and Doyle have.

Next round will be very crucial for the current top 5.

If he's averaging more per race it's because he wasn't getting into semi finals and finals so it's a misleading statistic as a last in a final is clearly better than not getting into the semis.

Doyle and Janowski had obviously been better or they wouldn't have been above Tai in the standings. However, both have failed to stamp any real authority on the competition and will be nervously looking over their shoulders after Saturday.

Not really, as Tai only missed the semi's three times, scoring 9, 8 and 7 (with a tapes exclusion). Neither Doyle or Janowski failed to negotiate a semi, that's where the key difference lies.

The point I was trying to make was there wasn't a lot between them and it only needed a slight improvement from Woffinden to compensate.

• Like 1

Jason has to learn that winning a multi round championship, takes more than being faster than everyone else most of the time.

Don't be in the wrong place at the wrong time and if things don't go your way, don't throw your teddies out, accept you did something wrong and get on with it.

He has turned me off several times, at league meetings and elsewhere (*). Better men than he have accepted defeat with much better grace. Just because he's "supposed to be World Champion" doesn't make it happen. There's more to being a champion than speed and desire.

Jason doesn't need a sport's coach or a better tuner. But a personality tuck might not come a miss.

*For example: He came to Brandon as the Leicester No.1. In his last ride he was excluded, harshly even in my opinion. But then when Leicester won the meeting, he did not join his team mates on the lap of honour. I have experienced two similar examples of poor behaviour. This will bite him.

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 1

While is is good for to have him in the Team for his points scoring ability,he certainly doesn't look for Team mates during races (ask Thorsell why he had to bail out last week in Sweden).

Woffy was unlucky at Cardiff to miss the semi with 9pts. An anomaly of the system where a rider can qualify with 7 at one GP but fail with 9 at the next GP.

Hope not but Cardiff may cost him the title.

Any other rider failed with 9pts this season to reach a semi ?

Any other rider failed with 9pts this season to reach a semi ?

No. And to fail to reach the semis on 8 is rare.

Bartosz Zmarzlik in Prague

Martin Vaculik in Daugavpils

and....

Tai in Krsko

And if you think that's bad. Tai got 7 in Prague. Which of itself may not warrant further consideration except for the fact that Piotr Pawlicki made the semis with a score of 6 in Mallila.

One race can still turn the championship!

Edited by False dawn

If Tai doesnt make it then i want Doyle as i think he has deserved it.

Magic looked awful last time out and i think Doyles consistency will be better than Magic's. Need Zmarzlik to reach top 3 though for the bet i had at the start of the season.

Magic has been the surprise package this season as nobody expected him to be top 8 let alone be in with a rostrum chance

Edited by Gavan

I too really really hope it's Doyle as he fully deserves it but he is putting everything on the line for his clubs to.

Jason leaves nothing behind but this could be his downfall to being World Champion

you dont get world titles because you deserve it thankfully . doyle deserves nothing anymore than any other rider , I would be happy to see any of the other 15 win and i have my fingers and toes crossed for just that .

Heart really wants Fred to do it. But head says Doyle, with Tai in 2nd and Dudek 3rd.

you dont get world titles because you deserve it thankfully . doyle deserves nothing anymore than any other rider , I would be happy to see any of the other 15 win and i have my fingers and toes crossed for just that .

so you dont think Doyle was slightly unlucky last season then?

Been the most consistent rider in the gp's for the last 2 and a half years