British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

Usa Speedway Tour!

Big new development for next season......although no details so far,but keep your eyes peeled

https://www.speedwaycalifornia.com/

Seems the guy behind this is Jeffrey Immediato,who made quite a passionate post about his efforts at Industry with plenty f accusations about corruption etc.Had lots of hurdles put in his way,but has kept going and put his money where his mouth is with a lot of help from his wife

Edited by iris123

"The racers are a bunch of young tanned and extremely fit athletes"

...so not coming to Stoke then!

And thinking of past team USA tours in the UK - not Tuff McBride, Jim Terchilla, Jamieson Dilkey or Eddie Castro.

Would be nice to see if something comes of it . . .

HB

The way I read it, it would appear that it is a tour across the US, not UK.

• Like 1

Yup 'AlanF', that's how I took it, as well. Via the web site - not much actual information there, as of yet, and couldn't find them on social media (Facebook) . . . so, being as how I'm from The States (but NOT in 'Speedway Territories') I'll sit tight, watch & listen to see what comes of this.

HB

I remember that a European tour was planned a few years ago but was cancelled for some reason. I think it might have been VISA-related or something like that.

The way I read it, it would appear that it is a tour across the US, not UK.

Yes,it looks to me like they are going to try and take speedway to new areas in the States.Break out of California and maybe just start a new revival.Fingers crossed from someone who witnessed Autrey and McKnight coming over in 1973