British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Witches V Monarchs Ch 27-7-17@7-30pm

here,s one for the monarchs fans . .

who is the secret agent in your own team who could be moving back to his old stomping ground ?

Mitchell Davey going back to the Dale Devils.

Not that I support them just the logical choice.

Edited by Gazc

I enjoyed it.

Slightly fortunate to get the win because of Sedgy's fall but I would have been well chuffed with 1 point when we were 12 down after 10 heats.

What with Wolbert missing a meeting(burgergate) and his lowering of his average at Glasgow, folks have every right to look for and find malpractice with dodgy performances.

What kind of beer do you drink Tsunami? Bitter? ;) Thankfully Newcastle have never stooped to such levels have they - well apart from an ex-promoter with a pocketful of blank doctor's lines? Allegedly of course!! I've told you before that Wolbert's burger meant missing a double header, surely he only planned to miss one meeting due to galloping dandruff? He was a last minute signing for Glasgow that year with little in the way of machinery or sponsorship hence his poor season. As for Glasgow fans suggesting deliberately lowering averages?? Thanks to Wethers pulling off track that night it didn't work :)

Anyway, what a fantastic result for the never say die Monarchs!

• Like 3

Well done to the Monarchs, obviously disappointed to throw away a lead but we do seem to be doing that everywhere now. Certainly not everyone was at that their best tonight and I know that I was wrong about Theo in my comments earlier.

Fair play to Sedgman for playing his part in Monarchs win and with the cut off for changes there is no way he won't be in the team for the rest of the season. We just have to find a way to beat the Tigers next week (the team I thought who might stop our unbeaten home record). I think 1998 was the last season we were unbeaten at home all year. Hopefully Glasgow will turn up with a full seven and not be strengthened by having R/R for Lunna like the last two visits, we may still make the playoffs just need to get back to winning ways on Thursday (we won't get anything positive at Ashfield) and pick up some points on the road.

So much for peaking at the right time, the next few meetings are crucial for securing a play off spot, will confidence play a part?

There must be something in the riding order if we keep going downhill in the later parts of meetings.

I was looking forward to coming on here half way through heat 14 and praising Sedgy for 8 paid 10, but that was a shocking mistake by our former (some hope) No4.

Track was poor last night, far too slick and smooth, but I suppose with the forecast they couldn't make it too grippy.

Obviously the main blame will be pointed at Sedgy, but we also blew it in heat 13, we gated on a 4-2 and somehow lost it. I can understand Erik going past Rory, he looked slow all night, by I don't expect our captain to be beaten from behind on a track where it was almost impossible to overtake.

Real table.

Glasgow +21

Sheffield +16

Ipswich +11

Edinburgh +11

Forget the rest (at the moment).

Now the good bit, even with the long interval for the whip round, I was still home by 9-30.

• Like 1

I was looking forward to coming on here half way through heat 14 and praising Sedgy for 8 paid 10, but that was a shocking mistake by our former (some hope) No4.

Track was poor last night, far too slick and smooth, but I suppose with the forecast they couldn't make it too grippy.

Obviously the main blame will be pointed at Sedgy, but we also blew it in heat 13, we gated on a 4-2 and somehow lost it. I can understand Erik going past Rory, he looked slow all night, by I don't expect our captain to be beaten from behind on a track where it was almost impossible to overtake.

Real table.

Glasgow +21

Sheffield +16

Ipswich +11

Edinburgh +11

Forget the rest (at the moment).

Now the good bit, even with the long interval for the whip round, I was still home by 9-30.

Bit worried about Workington who have so many matches in hand.

Bit worried about Workington who have so many matches in hand.

This weekend should be make or break for them, a difficult home meeting followed by an away meeting they should win if they've got any play off hopes.

Sedgy at 2 and Kyle at 4... Means we have options in 15 then when Kyle is riding well. Hard to put him in 15 when not ridden since heat 10.

Oh well always next time

• Like 1

And with kyle at 4 at least we know he is going to battle his hardest for every point. He would be my first name on team sheet for next season if he would want to.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 2