British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Witches V Monarchs Ch 27-7-17@7-30pm

Looking forward to this tomorrow first visit to Ippo in 20+ years. Think a decent match awaits but unfortunately think the Witches will be to strong for the Monarchs

No disrespect but has there been a good Sedgmen turn up at all apart from against the seriously lesser teams?

Lots of sedgeman bashing. At least he has got his excuse in early for Glasgow at the weekend. Apparently it's not one of his favourites. Anyway let's stop knocking him and get behind him 😂 and maybe we may even start to see some good riders behind him then.

Edited by baldyman

Think Edinburgh could push us hard tonight

A stronger start than we had for their first visit would be nice

Hope we can run out winners by 10+ in tge end

Don't think Sedgy will be at his best if you all keep knocking him.

Works for some riders but not others.

He has had 3 big crashes this season I believe having hardly had any in his career.

But if you can get his average down to 6 I'm sure Edinburgh will be grateful next season!!

(If there is an Edinburgh next season.)

Should be a stroll in the foxgloves for Ippo tonight.

We have too many not on their best form at the moment.

Don't think Picko has even had a meeting for about 3 weeks!!

Weather forecast doesn't look the best though.

Who knows?

But does he get big cheers on track?

Don't think Sedgy will be at his best if you all keep knocking him.

Works for some riders but not others.

He has had 3 big crashes this season I believe having hardly had any in his career.

But if you can get his average down to 6 I'm sure Edinburgh will be grateful next season!!

(If there is an Edinburgh next season.)

Should be a stroll in the foxgloves for Ippo tonight.

We have too many not on their best form at the moment.

Don't think Picko has even had a meeting for about 3 weeks!!

Weather forecast doesn't look the best though.

Your right about the weather Scotsman , everyone of the weather reports i've looked at saying pretty much the same thing . Scattered showers from late afternoon - early evening some could be heavy with possible thunder and lighting .

Not the greatest on the weather front but the heavy stuff may miss the track , a couple of showers might even do it some good ?

• Like 1

Please visit official club links for updates on the weather 😉😉😉😉

I was speaking to dad about the current state of speedway plus sedgy being more down than up, he said todays riders have too much reward not enough risk, do you think riders really take it easier to potentially not miss meetings with their other clubs?

Guess also what he said the best final score is for any speedway meeting 😂

Noticed an Ippo fan posted this after the Panthers vs Ippo match on 2/7:-

First time I've been on here for while.1. Holder looked a tad on the dangerous side, but fair play to him, was fast. 2.The ref did us no favours 3. Trackstaff spent ages between heats grooming the gates. Funny how they alternated between 1 & 2.....ref could have had a word. And finally, we let them off the hook as we've done before when the sun is out and its dusty.

Rumour has it that the similar shenanigans were employed at Foxhall when both Scottish sides last visited, with the dirt being scraped off the visitors gates and spread on to the home slots by the track staff :shock:

Might be sour grapes, but worth watching out for :wink:

Noticed an Ippo fan posted this after the Panthers vs Ippo match on 2/7:-

Rumour has it that the similar shenanigans were employed at Foxhall when both Scottish sides last visited, with the dirt being scraped off the visitors gates and spread on to the home slots by the track staff :shock:

Might be sour grapes, but worth watching out for :wink:

Im certain it has but personally I condemn that if it happens anywhere by any team - including Ipswich.

Peterborough took it to a new level though. At one point there was a team of 4 with shovels sorting out a 20 metre stretch from gate 4!!

Im certain it has but personally I condemn that if it happens anywhere by any team - including Ipswich.

Peterborough took it to a new level though. At one point there was a team of 4 with shovels sorting out a 20 metre stretch from gate 4!!

Now that's what I call sour grapes .