British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirate 31/07

I hope so but it depends which Tungate you get.

Same one we had against Wolves last Monday.

This has got to be the worst Poole team in a long time. What happened to Ford always having a plan and riders wanting to ride for them.

Hans and Kennett have been on the decline for a long time. I'm surprised by Starke though

Well done Belle Vue and good to hear Cook scoring again

This has got to be the worst Poole team in a long time. What happened to Ford always having a plan and riders wanting to ride for them.

Hans and Kennett have been on the decline for a long time. I'm surprised by Starke though

Well done Belle Vue and good to hear Cook scoring again

An injured Hans could be replaced by Folder I think :wink:

Another very entertaining meeting, highlight heat 14 for me but there were several other cracking races.

Bjerre imperious. Never looked like getting beaten. Fricke just behind him. Tungate superb after a blob first time. Bewley gets better and better - a third or last is now disappointing.

Poole tried hard - especially Andersen - but they were up against a very good team. Surprised at the criticism of Starke - did anyone really expect him to beat one of the Aces top 4 ?

Star of the show ? Chase the Ace. The presentation at Belle Vue is better than anywhere else :approve: .

Halifaxtiger, what was the crowd like compared to last Mondays tenner admission?

Halifaxtiger, what was the crowd like compared to last Mondays tenner admission?

It was bigger than normal I think. But not massively

It was bigger than normal I think. But not massively

Slightly bigger than normal but well down on last week I thought.

If it counts for anything, I went because of how good it was last week. Daresay I'm not alone.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

An injured Hans could be replaced by Folder I think :wink:

He could but how would that help? Holder might have bettered 8 tonight, but if Poole go to Wolves in the Playoffs they'd be better off with Hans!

Crowd was up. No doubt.

To be honest the presentation is as good as it gets at belle vue. No bias.

Prices are competitive nlbut drop to 15 and we'd full it every week.

Another good speedway meeting tonight. Despite the score. Some excellent racing.

Dan Bewley is as good as I've seen. I don't want to overkill because British speedway has a habit of of kicking your balls, but this lad has it. He's doing it everywhere. A big step next season. People will be after him.

• Like 1

Got to say the BV fans are one of if not the most respectful fans on here. Win, Lose or Draw you guys always act in the right manner. Respect to all of you.

• Like 4

If it had been on a Friday I would have tried to be there but had business today on the Devon Riviera (Torquay to be precise) and had no chance of getting there in time, not that I missed much.

Pooles problems are very easy to see. We just don't have the riders in the team to beat the oppositions heat leaders. Meaning heat advantages are rare. Tonight the perfect example. I believe things will improve once Brady returns but even if we make fourth we will be whipping boys.

Unless of course the whole thing is one elaborate ruse to blindside the opposition into thinking choosing us is a simple two leg victory. I wish that was the case!

• Like 1

He could but how would that help? Holder might have bettered 8 tonight, but if Poole go to Wolves in the Playoffs they'd be better off with Hans!

Hans seems to of tailed off a bit(only by memory.Not looked at stats).Folder scored I think his season best at your place 13 I think.On "the night before"

.Wolves is one track.

Think he fits for Worrall.Not saying its right.But how I think.

If it had been on a Friday I would have tried to be there but had business today on the Devon Riviera (Torquay to be precise) and had no chance of getting there in time, not that I missed much.

Pooles problems are very easy to see. We just don't have the riders in the team to beat the oppositions heat leaders. Meaning heat advantages are rare. Tonight the perfect example. I believe things will improve once Brady returns but even if we make fourth we will be whipping boys.

Unless of course the whole thing is one elaborate ruse to blindside the opposition into thinking choosing us is a simple two leg victory. I wish that was the case!

I don't have no time for poole but I have to hold my hands up, in or out of the rules, your always there.

If a bad season is making the play offs, then your standards are very high. You can't win it every year

I know the Pirates are struggling at the moment but any team would miss Kurtz ,

I Thought Lahti looked a decent rider tonight ,despite his low score ,

Agree with what a lot of Poole fans are saying , riding at 5 does him no favours at all

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

Another very entertaining meeting, highlight heat 14 for me but there were several other cracking races.

Bjerre imperious. Never looked like getting beaten. Fricke just behind him. Tungate superb after a blob first time. Bewley gets better and better - a third or last is now disappointing.

Poole tried hard - especially Andersen - but they were up against a very good team. Surprised at the criticism of Starke - did anyone really expect him to beat one of the Aces top 4 ?

Star of the show ? Chase the Ace. The presentation at Belle Vue is better than anywhere else :approve: .

Really fair & accurate review HT. Heat 14 was a brilliant race, didn't think Kennett rode a bad race either,Tungate & Bewley just weren't gonna be denied. Plenty of other great action. Thought Jack Smith scored the hardest earned zero of the season in heat 4 when Lahti pipped him on the line.

Loved heat 1 too, Bewley rode a stormer to pass Andersen, only for Andersen to re-pass him with a hard but fair move. Was one of those 'master & pupil' moments for me. Dan will have learnt plenty from that.

• Like 2