British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside V Birmingham 28july

Very much looking forward to this one.

David Mason will certainly have a point to prove! Can still see a fairly simple home win for the hammers.

It has been a while since the last meeting .hope we have a full side. And a good match...Personally I hate these big gaps between meetings...

It has been a while since the last meeting .hope we have a full side. And a good match...Personally I hate these big gaps between meetings...

A few details on the clubs website would be helpful. 48 hours before the match we still haven't been given the line ups. Maybe they are just not bothered whether fans turn up or not.

Cookie does his best to stay awake during home meetings, sitting there dozing off in the tractor.

If early weather forcast is anything to go by, 90% chance of heavy rain in the afternoon going into the evening then this won't be going ahead anyway.

I think Birmingham will give us a good match, well worth seeing so hope the weather stays good. Like Waco I hate the big gap between meetings and

I'm sure it doesn't help the crowd figures. Learned this morning that we have pulled out of the KO Cup because we have no available dates. Why on earth

did we enter it in the first place then ? Sad.

• Like 1

LAKESIDE VORTEX HAMMERS

Paul Hurry, Nick Laurence, Ben Morley, Alfie Bowtell, Zach Wajtknecht, Jamie Couzins, Connor Locke

BIRMINGHAM SURESTOP BRUMMIES:

Jack Parkinson-Blackburn, Layne Cupitt, David Mason, Tom Bacon, Liam Carr, Lewis Whitmore, Taylor Hampshire

How can you pull out of a cup in JULY because of no available dates, that can't be right surely?

• Like 2

How can you pull out of a cup in JULY because of no available dates, that can't be right surely?

Hammers have two reserved dates, 11th August and 16th September. Neither Belle Vue Aces/Colts have meetings on those dates although the latter has Glasgow in action which would rule out Bewley and Smith. Additionally and there appears to be a number of Fridays available.

What is even more bizarre is the fact that on the original fixture list 11th August was the date set for Hammers v Belle Vue/Coventry.

I've made no secret of my disdain for the Lakeside track in the past and I was hoping I would never have to visit again after our drop down to the NL, but here we are, and as one of the easier NL tracks for me to get to I suppose I'd better make an effort, although looking at the weather forecast that might put pay to that idea as I'll have to make an early call on whether to commit or not.

As per usual around here I just hope we don't embarrass ourselves, keep it competitive, and maybe give ourselves a sniff of a point going into the last couple of heats. I'd hope fitness permitting that Hampshire can go to town at reserve, and based on Laurence's home record so far Cupitt should hopefully have the better of him at #2. Carr had a decent meeting at Eastbourne this season which you'd like to think is a good omen, JPB is flying, but ultimately our guys look like they have very little experience around Lakeside and with this track at this level, coupled with the strong top 4 the Hammers have regardless of that, pretty much writes you off before you've even started. Should be a comfortable home win.

Edited by CUFC_Brummie

why bother to stage speedway at lakeside, the club is fast becoming a joke. Hardly any home meetings are run anyway, and now this.

Guest GiveusaB

Can we have Zach back then ? :t:

The club has been falling apart ever since Stuart Douglas left, I assume he has left? you never see or hear from him and i very much doubt that he would stand silent in the background and let things get to where they are now.

The club is probably in a worse state than it has ever been in its entire history and there is only one person to blame for that.

Maybe they are just not bothered whether fans turn up or not.

Has the penny only just dropped? :)