British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside V Birmingham 28july

Zach is currently second in the Hammers' averages so RR is the only option. However he will go top from 1st August making a guest facility available..

Second in the averages means three rides can be taken by Paul, Ben and Alfie. As long as Alfie's confidence has not been shot by his torrid time at Newcastle, that might be enough to get us through

This is Zach's 3rd season in speedway & the 3rd time he has not finished the season due to injury.

Unlucky or what !!

He is still very popular with Brummie fans & always will be.

Get well soon Zach.

• Like 2

So if it's rained off, then presumably it will be announced as a walk over for Birmingham - seeing as Lakeside have no dates left???

What a joke. They don't want to run more meetings as it will cost them money.

As has been said time and time again. You're been lied to and taken for mugs Lakeside fans.

Unfortunately you are not alone.

• Like 3

Zach will be a big loss to the team and I doubt that r/r will gather the same points. I think that the rule should be so that if a rider is injured while

riding for a senior team ( as in this case), the N.L. team should have the choice of r/r OR Guest.

What riders are available for Lakeside to sign as Zachs replacement? Or will it just be a case of choosing the best available guest

Not being able to have a guest for a 10 + rider is ridiculous ,how are you going to in any way cover that with rider replacement when a second string and at least one of your 3 pointers will have to replace him .it could cost us around 4 to 6 points ,another joke decision killing speedway,,...my opinion any way.......Is Ellis Perks available to sign and would he want too ?....And i did not realise the new averages all ready issued ,did not take effect till 1st Aug.....

Edited by waco

Waco what are you on mate, you can only have a guest if 2 of your 1-5 are unavailable and this has been the case for sometime. Lakeside have had Thier share of rule manipulation this term signing Hurry on a rediculous average...you are not expecting more favours surely.

Would not suprise me though if Laurence gets a bug today and is covered by rr, allowing a guest for ZW.

• Like 2

Sorry Waco but that's the risk of running a top heavy team where a guest is only permitted for your top heat leader, said at the start of the season where I initially predicted Hammers as being around 8th was their vulnerability in keeping Ben and Zach fit and available for the duration.

tea boy,I was going on the fact that the new averages were issued putting Zack at no 1 ,,did not realise at the time that they would not be effective for this meeting

tea boy,I was going on the fact that the new averages were issued putting Zack at no 1 ,,did not realise at the time that they would not be effective for this meeting

Fair play mate. Done that a few times myself :)

So if it's rained off, then presumably it will be announced as a walk over for Birmingham - seeing as Lakeside have no dates left???

What a joke. They don't want to run more meetings as it will cost them money.

As has been said time and time again. You're been lied to and taken for mugs Lakeside fans.

Unfortunately you are not alone.

Someone I know was there the other Sunday and tackled Jon Cook at 3.30pm why there was a delay ? He said rider delayed , the fan said maybe should leave a bit earlier ?? Within his reply Cook allegedly said it could be their last meeting , one wonders if the make the end of season ?

Watching the juniors and it could be my eyes but the track looks very dusty already.

Same old Lakeside Liam, half hour gone and only run three heats.

Same old Lakeside Liam, half hour gone and only run three heats.

That was because of a bad crash involving Morley who was down for a very long time. Edited by liam