British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TonyE

Lakeside V Birmingham 28july

Waco what are you on mate, you can only have a guest if 2 of your 1-5 are unavailable and this has been the case for sometime. Lakeside have had Thier share of rule manipulation this term signing Hurry on a rediculous average...you are not expecting more favours surely.

Would not suprise me though if Laurence gets a bug today and is covered by rr, allowing a guest for ZW.

It was more than manipulation :/ Edited by Islander15

God I hate Lakeside, awful.

Meeting was over after heat 2 when Hampshire threw it into the fence on bend 2 having been well ahead, his bike then proceeding to be a smokey pile of garbage for the rest of the night as a consequence from the looks of it. A couple of horrendous jump starts called on Carr and Bacon yet again (although Carr did legitimately jump one, but still came from 3rd to 1st) didn't help our cause, but Hurry and Morley in particular were outstanding for the Hammers and the 15 point gap no surprise.

On the plus side I had a pleasant evening standing with a Lakeside fan by the start line who was a very nice gentleman, and despite the fact I won't be home until 1am I do get a lie in tomorrow, but other than that I am thoroughly glad to see the back of Lakeside for another year!

Not the best meeting at lakeside this season, but there were a few decent races. The crowd was poor again tonight, no doubt the dodgy weather didn't help.

So if it's rained off, then presumably it will be announced as a walk over for Birmingham - seeing as Lakeside have no dates left???

What a joke. They don't want to run more meetings as it will cost them money.

As has been said time and time again. You're been lied to and taken for mugs Lakeside fans.

Unfortunately you are not alone.

Lakeside have dates left if you bother to check the fixture list before making stupid comments.

I've not seen anything official saying we've withdrawn from the cup, only comments on here. Where has this come from? Granted, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it is true.

Regarding last night's match, I quite enjoyed it. There were some really entertaining races and everybody gave their all. Given the threatening weather I was glad we got through all 15 heats. The Hammers coped okay with the loss of Zach, but it's going to need a better fix than r/r for the important matches coming up, especially away from home.

Good team effort from the Lakeside lads,,though it has to be said the Brummies threw away a few points on the first bend..,.0ne of the best races of the season with Hurry and Parkinson Blackburn,re-passing several times ,Pauls track knowledge just having the edge,, One or two other decent races but many were well spread out and that is the problem with this league a huge difference in the class of the top riders and those at the lower end of teams ,but they all have to learn some where.i suppose,,...Despite the score line Zack was missed R/R,producing way less points than Zack would have scored....A brave move to hold this meeting with very bad weather reports certainly paid off,for Lakeside-Paul and Ben looking a class apart at home....But to their credit the Brummies battled hard all night on a track few had seen before....

I've not seen anything official saying we've withdrawn from the cup, only comments on here. Where has this come from? Granted, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it is true.

Regarding last night's match, I quite enjoyed it. There were some really entertaining races and everybody gave their all. Given the threatening weather I was glad we got through all 15 heats. The Hammers coped okay with the loss of Zach, but it's going to need a better fix than r/r for the important matches coming up, especially away from home.

it's on the BSPA website.

Fair enough. You'd think it might have been mentioned in the match programme at Lakeside, which last night still listed the KOC match as TBA. I notice also that Jon Cook has stopped writing for the programme, and hasn't given his customary end of match comments over the tannoy the last couple of matches. Is he on holiday, or just can't be bothered anymore?

Probably the latter. He was there last night, driving the tractor.

Nice to hear that he's found his true vocation in life.

Good team effort from the Lakeside lads,,though it has to be said the Brummies threw away a few points on the first bend..,.0ne of the best races of the season with Hurry and Parkinson Blackburn,re-passing several times ,Pauls track knowledge just having the edge,, One or two other decent races but many were well spread out and that is the problem with this league a huge difference in the class of the top riders and those at the lower end of teams ,but they all have to learn some where.i suppose,,...Despite the score line Zack was missed R/R,producing way less points than Zack would have scored....A brave move to hold this meeting with very bad weather reports certainly paid off,for Lakeside-Paul and Ben looking a class apart at home....But to their credit the Brummies battled hard all night on a track few had seen before....

I thinks that's a fair comment. Brum are a pretty good side though, with mist of them chipping in with some points on a track most were unfamiliar with. I thought Jack Parkinson Blackburn was a massive talent. He couldn't match the home track experience of Morely and Hurry but to ride like a genuine No1 on an away track at only 16 years old was really outstanding, so well done to him. Liam Carr and Tom Bacon looked very stylish but couldn't find consistency. Nice to watch though.

Conor Locke has improved massively since joining Lakeside, but has reached the stage where his determination is outstripping his ability. With more experience he will make the 1-5 by next year.

• Like 1

Lakeside have dates left if you bother to check the fixture list before making stupid comments.

So you going to apologise?