British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Stars Of Tomorrow At Berwick (august 5th)

First staged in 1970, the "Starza" is possibly Britain's best-known annual platform for future big names, with over thirty hugely-enjoyable presentations to remember over the years.

This season's meeting -- in ten days' time -- has sixteen youngsters coming in from five nations , and should hopefully attract a healthy attendance.

The following has been posted among the blog section -- "The Dirt" -- on the club website.

The organisers are still actively – dare I say anxiously? – chasing a wee bit of help in setting up the show while keeping admission costs down to a measly £12 for adults (and all under-16s free, as always at Shielfield Park)..

Sponsor the whole jing-bang? You can do that for only £1,000. Cheap at the price, folks! Put your name on a race? Certainly, that’ll be just £100. Things a bit tight just now? – I can still get you fixed up, how about backing a rider -- only £70.

All these sponsorships will get you copious programme and public address mentions, of course – and all you need do to get signed up is phone Gary Flint on 07730-691897. Now!

Programme last Saturday introduced the sixteen riders confirmed for the event:

John Bernard & Xavier Muratet (France), Tobias Thomsen, Jacob Bukhave & Emil Engstrom (Denmark), Fernando Garcia (Argentina), Luke Ruddick (Scotland) and from England Dan Bewley, Kyle Bickley, Alfie Bowtell, Connor Coles, Ben Hopwood, Joe Lawlor, Dave Wallinger, Nathan Greaves and Ellis Perks.

Reduced admission £12/£10 and all U-16s free.

Pick your winner!

John Bernard & Xavier Muratet (France), Tobias Thomsen, Jacob Bukhave & Emil Engstrom (Denmark), Fernando Garcia (Argentina), Luke Ruddick (Scotland) and from England Dan Bewley, Kyle Bickley, Alfie Bowtell, Connor Coles, Ben Hopwood, Joe Lawlor, Dave Wallinger, Nathan Greaves and Ellis Perks.

Pick your winner!

David Wallenger! What age is he.He is on injured list at moment. Edited by Fromafar

Pick your winner!

Dan Bewley or, based on his performance last year, Tobias Thomsen, would be my favourites to win, perhaps Fernando Garcia. Plenty of talking points though. What standard will the French riders be? First time around Berwick for the other Danes? Ellis Perks certainly was impressive for Redcar this season. Kyle Bickley has a great future ahead of him.

Enjoyed last year's meeting, the standard was way above the ones I used to remember from years ago and the line up this year looks even better.

Wasn't going to bother, but that's an interesting looking line up. I'll keep an eye on the weather before deciding.

Of the riders I've seen Dan Bewley looks odds on to win. Looking forward to seeing how Luke Ruddick gets on after his improved form for Mildenhall this year

Edited by Shads

Eliss Perks will be Bewley's main competitor and I think Coty, Thomsen and Greaves wil be battling for 3rd out of the ones who has rode here before but Engstrom, Muratet, Bickley (first time at Shielfield on a 500?) and Bernard will be interesting to see and Luke will be sure to mix it with all and don't be suprised to see him being around the final as he has been brilliant for us as a guest, it shows that it's a good line up as I havn't even mentioned Bowtell, Hopwood, Coles and Bukhave. As Shads says an interesting line up that will be sure to pull in a decent crowd which made a profit last year for the club.

Kyle bickley won't be riding. He's not allowed ride against foreigners so with coty ģarcia he's had to withdraw.

Just read that Kyle Bickley can't race in this meeting, something about due to his age & licence he races on, he's not allowed to race against "international class" riders?

Seems a shame, would have been good experience for young Kyle who's having an excellent debut NL season. Seemingly he's racing at BV in the Youth Championship Sat night instead.

Stars of Tomorrow looks a really interesting field, good luck to all involved & hopefully a healthy sized crowd there to support it.

• Like 1

Think it's Mitchel Davy and max Clegg replace Kyle and David wallinger

Edited by mac101

Kyle bickley won't be riding. He's not allowed ride against foreigners so with coty ģarcia he's had to withdraw.

Just read that Kyle Bickley can't race in this meeting, something about due to his age & licence he races on, he's not allowed to race against "international class" riders?

Madness, just sheer madness. :blink:

Clouds are high at the minute but it looks like there may be a bit of rain around later on. Berwick Rangers are at home today against Clyde so there will be no covers used, hopefully for everyone, especially for those who have organised the meeting any rain will either be light or pass over quickly, or both.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655819

If Dan's got a Premiership gig with KL at something like five times the money Berwick can offer for a junior-level event, no-one at Shielfield will be blaming him.

Max Clegg, Mitch Davey and Kelsey Dugard are added to original line-up, I understand. Fair enough.

Now let's hope the weather plays ball. Why does it only rain on football afternoons?