British Speedway Forum
sussex bulldog

Eagles V Iow 29/07/2017

Eastbourne look to head back to the top of the National League table on Saturday night (July 29).

They take on the Isle of Wight at Arlington (7.30pm start) without captain and No 1 Georgie Wood.

He has been snapped up by higher league Sheffield but will continue riding for the IT First Eagles when fixtures do not clash.

Sheffield have first call on his services.

Eagles' team boss Connor Dugard has brought in Danny Ayres as a guest replacement.

"He was actually a rider I inquired about signing last year but nothing came of it.

"Love him or hate him, he is a good rider.

"Hopefully, the Eastbourne faithful will warm to him," he said.

The Eagles have lost their top spot in the league to the Belle Vue Colts during a period of inactivity.

Dugard said with the end-of-season Play Offs looming, every match was now a big meeting to ensure the club were in the final showdown.

"We need the full three points to go back top,of the table.

"On their day they could beat any team. These marches are not ones you can get complacent about, even if they haven't won a meeting away from hime this year."

Eagles: Danny Ayres, Tom Brennan, Mark Baseby, Charley Powell, Jake Knight, Jamie Bursill, Mattie Bates.

Isle of Wight: Ben Wilson, R/R for Scott Campos, James Cockle, Chris Widman, Connor Coles, Jamie Sealey, Adam Portwood.

Looked at the forecast and it says rain during the day and ok from about 3pm but it did say scattered showers.

I am sure it will be ok. Come on the Eagles back to the top of the table.

Looked at the forecast and it says rain during the day and ok from about 3pm but it did say scattered showers.

I am sure it will be ok. Come on the Eagles back to the top of the table.

The BBC forecast is rain almost all day with a brief gap at 8.00pm. Also a lot overnight so I guess a decision might be made early on the state of the track because there is little chance of any drying out during the day. We could do without this with a potential fixture build up in September.