Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Glasgow 29/07/17 7:00pm Champ.

So after the British GP break the Comets are back in action against the high flying Tigers from Glasgow, the Comets will again be without Craig Cook but will have Chris Harris as the guest.

I,m not sure who the guest will be for Sarjeant but the Comets will need to be on their toes because the Tigers pose a real threat .

The weather forecast at the moment is looking changeable....sunshine and showers all day then!!

Hopefully we can get this meet on or we will be riding in November to complete the fixtures.

I fully sympathise with Workington's fixtures backlog and hope this match is run to a conclusion. And, since this is Glasgow's first visit to Derwent Park this year, was any thought given to making it a "double" meeting?

However, another fixtures problem is looming for young Dan Bewley and Jack Smith who both ride for the 3 teams currently lying top of the Premiership, the Championship and the National leagues. They'll be busy little bunnies when it comes to play-off time. And their 3 teams are all still in their respective KO Cups! I'll bet Dan and Jack could well do without having to ride in (possibly meaningless) "catch up" fixtures such as the other remaining Comets v Tigers match!

Which club takes priority in the event of them being asked to ride in two (or three) matches on the same date ?

And (yes, I know it is early yet) has any rider previously won all 3 championships in the same season ?

Hope we finally make it to Workington this season , looking forward to a small beer break in Cockermouth before arriving at Derwent Park .

• Like 1

I fully sympathise with Workington's fixtures backlog and hope this match is run to a conclusion. And, since this is Glasgow's first visit to Derwent Park this year, was any thought given to making it a "double" meeting?

However, another fixtures problem is looming for young Dan Bewley and Jack Smith who both ride for the 3 teams currently lying top of the Premiership, the Championship and the National leagues. They'll be busy little bunnies when it comes to play-off time. And their 3 teams are all still in their respective KO Cups! I'll bet Dan and Jack could well do without having to ride in (possibly meaningless) "catch up" fixtures such as the other remaining Comets v Tigers match!

Which club takes priority in the event of them being asked to ride in two (or three) matches on the same date ?

And (yes, I know it is early yet) has any rider previously won all 3 championships in the same season ?

In terms of priority

Dan - BV have priority as he is there asset.

Jack - Glasgow have priority as he is there asset.

As you say with all three teams at the top of there respective leagues it may prove difficult fixture planning later in the season.

worky have priority over belle vue for mr cool , and tj also kings lynn .and matt willy over some other club . I THINK !

sarj back for worky . bring your sarnies and coffee for the breaks ( tapes )

cant give any rain forecasts etc .

Edited by jenga

Would have been a good idea but, I think the prospect of two meetings v Glasgow on Saturday was a bit too much considering we're at Scunthorpe on Sunday, tiring us out n all that? ;):D

Im pretty sure nick morris won titles in all 3 leagues one season.

• Like 1

Hope we finally make it to Workington this season , looking forward to a small beer break in Cockermouth before arriving at Derwent Park .

we too hope you can make it . a wee bit dull at the moment . but the weather is reasonable for tomorrow .

cant see a comets win, just hope to be entertained

we too hope you can make it . a wee bit dull at the moment . but the weather is reasonable for tomorrow .

cant see a comets win, just hope to be entertained

Oh I think you'll be entertained , can see this being a cracker as long as the weather gives it a chance . Plenty talent on both sides to make this a potentially entertaining encounter .

Njl meeting after the main meeting meteors v giants

hopefully a good meeting!

Tigers will depend on Lawson, Summers and Worrall hitting 10+ each!
Bewley to Score 8/9 points

Lunna to score 5/6 points

Perry to score 4/5 points

Smith to score 2/3 points

I've just got a bad feeling that we will o into this one thinking its easy and then getting humped lol! good luck to the boys