British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Tv Times 27/7/63

45 years ago tonight!

DJ2tpU1XkAAG_GR.jpg

Fabulous! Remember watching it and my brother recorded it on an audio reel to reel tape recorder!

• Like 1

45 years ago tonight!

DJ2tpU1XkAAG_GR.jpg

No wrestling,but maybe Norbold is comforted by Jackie Pallo Jnr's appearance in Villains? :P

• Like 1

18/9/76

DKBIjnyW0AA_GEo.jpg

Interesting that there was only ten minutes given over to the Longtrack Final...but have to admit it that form of racing never appealed to me personally but if I had seen it live I may have thought differently but probably not?

Egon riding a JAP upon which he won a long track final, 1974?

I'm sure that I'm correct but the last rider to ride a JAP in the traditional Speedway World Final was Dag Lovaas in 1974?

I'm sure that I'm correct but the last rider to ride a JAP in the traditional Speedway World Final was Dag Lovaas in 1974?

The you tube vid. of the '74 final shows three races featuring Dag using a Jawa, Lee Dunton states ( defunct speedway site) Dag used a JAP in 75/76 including at the Intercontinental final at Wembley.

• Like 1

4/12/82

DQOPtpXXcAAwJ9x.jpg

Again...great stuff! I was there and enjoyed watching the highlighted programme...didn't need to be shown live back then!

• Like 1