British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Ipswich Cl Sun 30th July 2017 At 3pm

And not a drop of rain has fallen so far today

Glad you said that Paul. I'm just back in from a two hour walk in a t shirt and jeans and it was maybe a wee bit overcast but pretty hot and dry. Was shocked to see the speedway was off. A bit of premature stuff going on?

And not a drop of rain has fallen so far today

Wouldn't you just know, I can see clubs up and down the Country running on off nights and/or double headers to try and catch up and complete their league meetings before the cut off.

I'm completely losing interest in Speedway football season next week and my season ticket in place.

Think I will be selective in what meetings I go to.

As has been pointed out it has been sunny most off the day and warm which makes the early call off very premature.

• Like 1

I'm completely losing interest in Speedway football season next week and my season ticket in place.

Think I will be selective in what meetings I go to.

As has been pointed out it has been sunny most off the day and warm which makes the early call off very premature.

blooming heck, thought you were an Ipswich supporter at first!! The thought of preferring ITFC over the witches made me chuckle after their 6-1 drubbing by Charlton yesterday!! Glad we ditched our expensive season tickets a couple of years ago!!

So were Ippo going to break the news to Segy after the match at Glasgow?

By text on his way home maybe?

• Like 1

Got to disagree about the weather. Went into Glasgow for the day where it chucked it down from 2.45 until 3.05 and again from 4.15 to 4.45. Not pleasant. Three miles along the M74 at Polmadie on the way home, bone dry and sunny. Unfortunately its the way our summer has turned out.

I fear we may have been phoning Vatch to get a result declared.....about ht8 if it had gone ahead. The downside is Sedgmen seems to have been replaced.

Got to disagree about the weather. Went into Glasgow for the day where it chucked it down from 2.45 until 3.05 and again from 4.15 to 4.45. Not pleasant. Three miles along the M74 at Polmadie on the way home, bone dry and sunny. Unfortunately its the way our summer has turned out.

I fear we may have been phoning Vatch to get a result declared.....about ht8 if it had gone ahead. The downside is Sedgmen seems to have been replaced.

I'm in Paisley right enough , and nothing until about 10 minutes ago . So frustrating this season , for a few clubs . Something has to be thought up to have us less at the weather's mercy . It's killing our sport more than the BSPA is .

its not like there are many meetings that go ahead without guests or rr anyway.

Teams need to just get on with it and stop being awkward

The fact that one half of the KOCup doesnt have the 2nd leg of the QUARTER final until Sept 22nd sums it up....

Have you not raced again in the KOC?

I thought with the Berwick QUARTER final having to be run by the 1st April the competition would have been finished almost 4 months down the line. :drink::t:

Edited by sparks123

Another blank Saturday night next weekend , we're going to struggle to get our home meetings done by the cut off , and we haven't even raced our KO Cup quarter final yet . KO Cup will be squashed into a week at the end of October probably .

I vote that with the other half of the KOCup draw being a shambles it should be scrapped and Ipswich/Sheffield be redesignated the final 😜

Well we enjoyed our 10hr round trip, always had a thing for the M6. 🙄

Well we enjoyed our 10hr round trip, always had a thing for the M6. 🙄

10 hours. Didn't break any speed limits then😉😉

Another blank Saturday night next weekend , we're going to struggle to get our home meetings done by the cut off , and we haven't even raced our KO Cup quarter final yet . KO Cup will be squashed into a week at the end of October probably .

Anyone know why we don't have a match next Saturday?