British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Ipswich Cl Sun 30th July 2017 At 3pm

I'm just surprised the Witches have stuck with him , gates and he is ok if he doesn't then you can forget it.

trouble is there has been an increasing number of races where even if he gates he isnt ok especially away from home....

Thats four home meetings I think we now need to re-schedule which we cant fit in. Having been off for the Cardiff GP, we arent running again this weekend coming as its the Fours at PB. There seems to be very little cooperation between most clubs in re-arranging fixtures and we are yet again paying the price for having blank fixtures in the pre-July period where no one would come.

• Like 2

Thats four home meetings I think we now need to re-schedule which we cant fit in. Having been off for the Cardiff GP, we arent running again this weekend coming as its the Fours at PB. There seems to be very little cooperation between most clubs in re-arranging fixtures and we are yet again paying the price for having blank fixtures in the pre-July period where no one would come.

Id be happy just to split the points - 2 each sounds fair 😜

Spot on there MD, I've been whinging for years there should be a fixtures coordinator, but they know best, strange how we get to this situation every season though. They'll probably wait until September then realise something doesn't add up. I would mention how many meetings Workington have still got to sort out, but their website doesn't help that much.

• Like 2

It's about the B.S.P.A. grew a pair and order clubs to ride, if you have riders elsewhere, tough. :neutral:

• Like 2

It's about the B.S.P.A. grew a pair and order clubs to ride, if you have riders elsewhere, tough. :neutral:

its not like there are many meetings that go ahead without guests or rr anyway.

Teams need to just get on with it and stop being awkward

The fact that one half of the KOCup doesnt have the 2nd leg of the QUARTER final until Sept 22nd sums it up....

Teams should be racing every week. Eg every Thursday night at Ipswich unless it's against a Thursday night track then on an off night. Other clubs the same

• Like 1

Brown envelope?

I have one ready - its empty mind 😛
  • Like 1

Our home meetings are that far apart it is now laughable.

Our owners have no chance of building momentum on crowd levels with the lack of meetings.

If as has been muted teams refusing to come on dates offered simple solution if they refuse 3 dates points awarded, might not do much for the paying public but it would sure as hell put a stop to this practice gathering anymore pace.

What happened to the covers we were getting ?.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

It is not just end of the season but throughout the season, Meeting planning/scheduling ha :icon_smile_clown: ................................................... just use guests :nono::mad:

Our home meetings are that far apart it is now laughable.

Our owners have no chance of building momentum on crowd levels with the lack of meetings.

If as has been muted teams refusing to come on dates offered simple solution if they refuse 3 dates points awarded, might not do much for the paying public but it would sure as hell put a stop to this practice gathering anymore pace.

Im sure there used to be a 3 dates rule a few years ago. Just shows where the balance of power is in speedway.

Just wait until the plays offs! Bewley and Smith are likely to be involved in all 3 leagues making a chaotic calendar.

its not like there are many meetings that go ahead without guests or rr anyway.

Teams need to just get on with it and stop being awkward

The fact that one half of the KOCup doesnt have the 2nd leg of the QUARTER final until Sept 22nd sums it up....

I'm sure bruv and other ippo fans will remember what happened a few years ago. We had a free Thursday in August and were very keen to ride, we had Edinburgh waiting in the KO cup, they were free that evening, not much doubling up in those days,but they flatly refused to come and nothing was done about it.

Not too sure if I've got my years right, but I think this was the season we ended up riding Newcastle in the final on a Saturday with our smallest crowd of the season due to be fact it snowed around two hours before the meeting.

Edited by spanner47
  • Like 2

See another team getting shot of Sedgmen the latest being Rye House , nice to see the Witches showing some loyalty to him he must be feeling pretty down as the Edinburgh mob keep telling us he needs molly coddled to get the best out him.

Looks like the Witches are stuck with the underperformer for the duration , on the plus side he will be on a nice average for Scotland's second team next season. ;)

Molly coddle? Just give him a Mickey Mouse trick track with a million percent home advantage and he will double his average. Oh right its been done before? :D