British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummie Boy

Brummies V Belle Vue 2nd August

I notice when the Colts visit Perry Barr on Wednesday, the Aces are at Poole the same night. I presume this means Bewley and Smith will be unavailable due to riding in the Premiership match, with Aces having first call on their services. Surprised Belle Vue have allowed this fixture clash to happen as they will be missing their top two with averages of 10.67 and 8.27. Whoever they book as a guest, presume the other will be rider replacement, this must significantly weaken the Colts as Bewley seems to be able to rack up high scores at any track at the moment and Smith needs no introduction to Perry Barr.

It will be interesting to see what happens...................although weather forecast for Wednesday looks none too promising.

Well obviously smith will be r/r as means any rider in their team can take an extra ride and they can bring any rider in pretty much for Bewley

• Like 1

Clegg was very fast there against Eastbourne brum could win this by 2 I feel if Hampshire doesn't do what he did last week

Guest GiveusaB

I dont think it will weaken Belle Vue at all ??? there's alot of riders who can fill their shoes round PB!

Was gonna say the same thing, deffo weekend them, and possibly enough to effect the result.

Poole v belle vue looks like it could be an early rain off.

So maybe bewley and Smith will ride

Guest GiveusaB

Of course it will weaken belle vue, they r missing the best rider in the league.

I can name a few riders that will score as many points as Bewley will most likely score ? How can it weaken them when they can practically choose any guest they like ?

Forecast rain....so we're having a pointless debate!

Guest GiveusaB

Maybe cus Bewley us the best rider in the league so is irreplaceable

That doesnt mean to say that he's the best rider around Perry Barr ?

So two guests and R/R for Belle Vue's heatleaders which is a real shame, with the forecast looking dodgy that might make me think twice about trekking up tomorrow but we'll see how it goes. In fairness to Drury's rational on not having any open dates on the fixture list it looks believable, the Aces ride a lot of Wednesday's, although we could've switched it with the Kent fixture and then not had any clashes. Forecast for Poole looks atrocious, if that gets called early I hope Belle Vue are allowed to track Bewley and Smith.

If it goes ahead as it is, you'd hope we now have the edge, whilst Ayres and Davey are no slouches around Perry Barr, there's no doubt that Bewley is a significant upgrade on Bewley and that R/R for Smith is weaker too. Great opportunity for 3 points.

Edited by CUFC_Brummie

BIRMINGHAM: Jack Parkinson-Blackburn, Layne Cupitt, David Mason, Tom Bacon, Liam Carr, Alex Spooner, Taylor Hampshire

BELLE VUE: Mitchell Davey, Kyle Bickley, Rob Shuttleworth, Jack Smith R/R, Danny Ayres, Andy Mellish, Luke Woodhull

Brummies have asked BV is they want to include Bewlwy & Smith due to Poole now off

Waiting for a response

Although the weather forecast is dire

I would imagine Belle Vue would say yes as means they wouldnt have any guests and r/r instead for Lee Payne