British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummie Boy

Brummies V Belle Vue 2nd August

I notice when the Colts visit Perry Barr on Wednesday, the Aces are at Poole the same night. I presume this means Bewley and Smith will be unavailable due to riding in the Premiership match, with Aces having first call on their services. Surprised Belle Vue have allowed this fixture clash to happen as they will be missing their top two with averages of 10.67 and 8.27. Whoever they book as a guest, presume the other will be rider replacement, this must significantly weaken the Colts as Bewley seems to be able to rack up high scores at any track at the moment and Smith needs no introduction to Perry Barr.

It will be interesting to see what happens...................although weather forecast for Wednesday looks none too promising.

Apologies for loading the topic twice. If someone can let me know how to delete one of them it would be appreciated.

Edited by Brummie Boy

It's crazy and it's the the 2nd time it's happened this season! It's not even due to rearranged fixtures etc they have been in the fixtures since the beginning!

Well i was going to go along to this meeting, i dont think i will bother now, and why cant Promoters see this is part of the problem with British Speedway.

Guest GiveusaB

With a bit of luck it will be rained off and we will get to see a full strength BV next time round?

It does raise the age old question of which would fans rather see, a home win or a full strength visiting side?

I'm told that since being given the fixtures in March, BV have been asking for a date change, but Graham Drury has consistently refused as he would rather take advantage of weaker opposition to get the points.

Do Brummies fans agree with the judge that the points are the priority, or would they rather see full strength opponents but with the fear that they would likely lose to a full team?

Guest GiveusaB

My answer is above ???

Also, it depends on who the missing riders are???

If it was against Plymouth and Boxall was missing, I wouldnt be bothered. But we're talking about one of the most promising young ENGLISH rider's around.

If that makes sense?

I want to see the best newcomers, not the best has beens !!!