British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
therefused

Kings Lynn V Swindon 02/08/17

Absolutely brilliant and what a performance by all our remaining riders. The 4 points really helps in the league table. Hope Jason has not aggravated his injuries. All the robins riders rode very well.

• Like 2

I see holder and Batchelors replacement's did well

Well I went to support the stance Buster had taken and believe it or not was looking forward to it.

There were some good points and some bad. Think it's fair to say I was not impressed with the overall value for money, in that respect nothing has changed. It's two years since my last visit and it will probably be at least two more before my next.

On arrival was nice to be welcomed back personally by Cheryl (sorry for name dropping :P ) on into the stadium and as it was before just a massive expanse of grey. Whichever way you look it's grey - terraces, centre, stands etc. Apart from the advertising hoardings and I found it rather depressing to start the evening off. There was some music playing on the pa, think it was reasonably old cos I recognised the tunes and I don't do modern stuff. That was the sum total of entertainment. Buster was still going round on his tractor at 7-20 if that counts for others :P

I read the programme, grossly overpriced at £2.50 for what it was as I wanted to read Busters thoughts. Should have saved my cash cos I'd read it all before and the rest of the prog could have been copied and pasted from just about any programme of the last 10 years with just the names substituted.

There was absolutely zero atmosphere all night. The parade truck before the meeting the riders held one arm in the air as a gesture of waving. Now I know I was on the third bend and it was not densely populated but the folk on there had paid the same as folk in the stand etc and deserve some kind of acknowledgement. To be fair THJ did a proper wave as he went by. That should never happen anywhere, riders should be made aware that the fans, especially kids and there were several near us, need to feel appreciated. Yep that is a pet obsession of mine!

Parade on the dot of 7.30 and by my watch heat 1 started just before 7.45 so no complaints there.

Heat 1 and an awkward crash for Doyley so a long delay (no complaints there) and pretty obvious sadly that would be the last we would see of him this evening. Prior top the crash the first lap had looked promising racing wise but it was not to be. What followed for the next 13 heats was basically follow my leader except for one pretty good overtake by THJ about heat 4 or 5 (you can tell my attention was wandering :D ).

The Lynn riders did come right round if they won a heat but as for acknowledging the fans....zilch :mad:

I will give the newcomers credit, they certainly put the effort in, they never gave up trying nor did Kai. Auty tried to add to our entertainment with a perfectly performed somersault complete with bike at the start of a heat. Thankfully he seemed OK. They weren't helped it seemed to me by the track. When heat leaders who have won previous heats cannot pass reserves there is something wrong.

Buster had curtailed his tractor demos tho, thankfully with only one 4 or 5 lap stint. Seemed to me that he only graded the outside of the track tho, and the riders didn't ride the outside all night, certainly not on the 3/4 bends.

A big plus was no interval so well done on that.

We surrendered after heat 13 and as we went out we heard there had been a crash on lap 1 heat 14 hopefully all riders were OK.

They have a nice new big screen, why the hell don't they put the riders names on it before a heat?

They did seem to go thro the meeting fairly efficiently given the IRR being in operation and 2 races on the trot etc so that's a good point

Was it value for money.......NO

Was it good racing..............NO

Were the new riders trying....YES can't fault their effort.

Were the riders as skilful as in the past....Probably

Do the new super silencer/overtuned engines improve the racing NO

Will I go back to Lynn in the near future......not a hope

Sorry if my views don't please some people but they are honest. I paid my money and am entitled to my views., I've been told on twitter that the racing tonight was better than normal. If that truly is the case god help any Lynn supporters.

Wow, you are so miserable.

• Like 4

Wow, you are so miserable.

That's exactly how it made me feel. nearly as miserable as staying in and watching Corrie :P . On the bright side I'm pretty sure I'll see some decent racing on Sunday at Peterboro.

• Like 4

I see holder and Batchelors replacement's did well

All Buster asked for is 100%.No one expected them to outscore Folder and Snatc*

Edited by Bald Bloke

I remember watching Musielak for Leszno, he was a class act back then and pleased to see him progress

As for this meeting...Kings Lynn have weakened their side and have been beaten by a Swindon side with effectively no Doyle.

Would Swindon have hit 60 with Doyle?

Seeing as the IRR scored 6+2 from JD's 3 programmed rides, and that Swindon got a 1-5 in heat 15, I struggle to see how Swindon may have hit 60 with Doyle riding...
  • Like 1

Well I went to support the stance Buster had taken and believe it or not was looking forward to it.

There were some good points and some bad. Think it's fair to say I was not impressed with the overall value for money, in that respect nothing has changed. It's two years since my last visit and it will probably be at least two more before my next.

On arrival was nice to be welcomed back personally by Cheryl (sorry for name dropping :P ) on into the stadium and as it was before just a massive expanse of grey. Whichever way you look it's grey - terraces, centre, stands etc. Apart from the advertising hoardings and I found it rather depressing to start the evening off. There was some music playing on the pa, think it was reasonably old cos I recognised the tunes and I don't do modern stuff. That was the sum total of entertainment. Buster was still going round on his tractor at 7-20 if that counts for others :P

I read the programme, grossly overpriced at £2.50 for what it was as I wanted to read Busters thoughts. Should have saved my cash cos I'd read it all before and the rest of the prog could have been copied and pasted from just about any programme of the last 10 years with just the names substituted.

There was absolutely zero atmosphere all night. The parade truck before the meeting the riders held one arm in the air as a gesture of waving. Now I know I was on the third bend and it was not densely populated but the folk on there had paid the same as folk in the stand etc and deserve some kind of acknowledgement. To be fair THJ did a proper wave as he went by. That should never happen anywhere, riders should be made aware that the fans, especially kids and there were several near us, need to feel appreciated. Yep that is a pet obsession of mine!

Parade on the dot of 7.30 and by my watch heat 1 started just before 7.45 so no complaints there.

Heat 1 and an awkward crash for Doyley so a long delay (no complaints there) and pretty obvious sadly that would be the last we would see of him this evening. Prior top the crash the first lap had looked promising racing wise but it was not to be. What followed for the next 13 heats was basically follow my leader except for one pretty good overtake by THJ about heat 4 or 5 (you can tell my attention was wandering :D ).

The Lynn riders did come right round if they won a heat but as for acknowledging the fans....zilch :mad:

I will give the newcomers credit, they certainly put the effort in, they never gave up trying nor did Kai. Auty tried to add to our entertainment with a perfectly performed somersault complete with bike at the start of a heat. Thankfully he seemed OK. They weren't helped it seemed to me by the track. When heat leaders who have won previous heats cannot pass reserves there is something wrong.

Buster had curtailed his tractor demos tho, thankfully with only one 4 or 5 lap stint. Seemed to me that he only graded the outside of the track tho, and the riders didn't ride the outside all night, certainly not on the 3/4 bends.

We surrendered after heat 13 and as we went out we heard there had been a crash on lap 1 heat 14 hopefully all riders were OK.

They have a nice new big screen, why the hell don't they put the riders names on it before a heat?

They did seem to go thro the meeting fairly efficiently given the IRR being in operation and 2 races on the trot etc so that's a good point

Sorry if my views don't please some people but they are honest. I paid my money and am entitled to my views., I've been told on twitter that the racing tonight was better than normal. If that truly is the case god help any Lynn supporters.

What is the point of your continued negativity ? I really hope now you won't be returning for some time you won't be commenting further on something you have no interest in or clearly care about.

Seeing as the IRR scored 6+2 from JD's 3 programmed rides, and that Swindon got a 1-5 in heat 15, I struggle to see how Swindon may have hit 60 with Doyle riding...

Who cares 4 big points, another nail in Kings Lynn's season

Well Starlady that was poor tonight,racing wise.And no the racing tonight wasn't better than normal.

I think Buster was up against tonight ie making a decent racetrack.Didn't he say he was worried about the weather,and didn't put a lot of water down.Which is why it was dusty after heat 1.He obviously didn't put much dirt down,again because of the weather report.You only had to look in the centre to see how much shale was possibly going to be put down.This would have suited our riders better now the Aussies have gone.

On to our new recruits,only Auty imo came out and done what we expected.Hoping Jonasson and Toft will pick up with a few more meetings under their belts.Mind you as i said the track didn't help them tonight.Jorgensen and Huckenbeck rode well.Lambert as was said carrying an injury,why they put him in ht15 i don't know when carrying an injury.

Most Swindon riders trapped well and stayed there and fully deserved their victory.

Now onto Leicester with guests needed.I would probably go for Kerr for Auty and Tungate for Jorgensen and r/r for Toft.

Who cares 4 big points, another nail in Kings Lynn's season

It is indeed.I think most of the fans expect to be out of the play offs,but agree with Buster.Mug him off and he will return it...Be honest if he had crumbled to the pair of them,what does that do...Riders think they are bigger than the club...But from now on they have people who want to race and give 100%.

For some and most Poole fans,it's win at all costs.For others it's not so.

Lynn fans wanted to be kept up to date and needed to know Buster gives a toss.Buster has posted his thoughts and made changes.

You talk like a Poole fan?

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 3

You talk like a Poole fan?

The ultimate insult :shock:

• Like 5

Sorry, I missed the well done Swindon on a fine away performance. ;)

• Like 2

Sorry, I missed the well done Swindon on a fine away performance. ;)

It was a last minute Lynn team.You scored ok for Doyle after his off.I had it Swindon by about 10..Might of been 14 or so if Doyle was fit.Any away win deserves a well done. ;)

• Like 1