British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
therefused

Kings Lynn V Swindon 02/08/17

I thought he had one year when he was on fire everywhere and had an average over 9?

Not according to speedway stats or proboards sitea. 8.84 Inc BP in 2011 seems to be his best season.

I understand the arguments that the league is weaker now, but I'd say Batch is riding as well, or close to as well, as he ever has.

It's just that he seems to annoy his home fans because he's a mardy aussie who doesn't like riding when it's wet.

Not according to speedway stats or proboards sitea. 8.84 Inc BP in 2011 seems to be his best season.

I understand the arguments that the league is weaker now, but I'd say Batch is riding as well, or close to as well, as he ever has.

It's just that he seems to annoy his home fans because he's a mardy aussie who doesn't like riding when it's wet.

Close then. He certainly had decent averages throughout Europe as well, without doubt his best ever season.

I'd agree over here he seems to be close to that this season.

Some people - mainly KL fans it seems - need to remember that Batch was carrying 2 separate injuries last season which had a clear effect on his form.

Some said that if he was able to rest and recuperate over the winter as well as having a positive Aussie Championships to restore a bit of confidence then he would be a steal for any club on his low average - as it proved.

Not commenting about his attitudes or off-track behaviours!!!

Some people - mainly KL fans it seems - need to remember that Batch was carrying 2 separate injuries last season which had a clear effect on his form.

Some said that if he was able to rest and recuperate over the winter as well as having a positive Aussie Championships to restore a bit of confidence then he would be a steal for any club on his low average - as it proved.

Not commenting about his attitudes or off-track behaviours!!!

These people, those KL fans, you mentioned, don't need reminding of Batch's injuries, we saw them every week, when he was in the side with pitiful scores. How could we forget ??

The only person who seems to have forgotten those dark days is Troy himself.,,, After all those adverse comments we receive from various corners saying how we were stupid to entertain him, we gave him the benefit of doubt, thinking he had turned the corner, But unfortunately all those comments have turned out to be true.......

We should have listen to them, after all a Leopard very seldom changes his spots.....

These people, those KL fans, you mentioned, don't need reminding of Batch's injuries, we saw them every week, when he was in the side with pitiful scores. How could we forget ??

The only person who seems to have forgotten those dark days is Troy himself.,,, After all those adverse comments we receive from various corners saying how we were stupid to entertain him, we gave him the benefit of doubt, thinking he had turned the corner, But unfortunately all those comments have turned out to be true.......

We should have listen to them, after all a Leopard very seldom changes his spots.....

I was one of those Swindon fans who said don't touch him with a barge pole. In my opinion he was a complete arse in front of the Swindon fans in an end of season meeting, pathetically trying to blame his inept performances in the play offs on Darcy Ward's injury.

He pretty much burnt his bridges with the club at that point. I guess time always heels, and he has slipped back into the supporters hearts and minds with some fine performances for the Robins this year.

Batchelor being Batchelor though, is always likely to open his mouth and say something stupid from time to time, even though his move to Kings Lynn was a super move for him. A decent club, a track which he has always liked, but still he cocks it up again.

• Like 2