British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
therefused

Kings Lynn V Swindon 02/08/17

Any interest in this?

no very little- I've as much interest as the club is showing .

Didn't even realise we had a meeting this week. Thought the next one was Somerset next Monday :oops:

Didn't even realise we had a meeting this week. Thought the next one was Somerset next Monday :oops:

You are not alone.

Maybe the club thinks the same cos all I've seen is daily tweets about next Mondays telly match :P

Not sure how effective their PR for that will be tho as they are only preaching to the converted.

Weather forecast talks of rain even though it's light rain at the moment - after Busters statement last week about not being prepared to run and have a repeat of Meltdown Thursday I'd expect a call off - just can't risk it

Has not Buster called a rain off yet, as the Swindon riders need notice to save travelling.

• Like 1

Has not Buster called a rain off yet, as the Swindon riders need notice to save travelling.

You pinching my material? :nono::P

• Like 1

You pinching my material? :nono::P

Sorry about that, I will leave the prediction of rain/no rain or meeting/no meeting up to you

Sorry about that, I will leave the prediction of rain/no rain or meeting/no meeting up to you

Not claiming any kind of exclusivity on the prediction business (on here, you've got to joking). But I did post (on the Wolves vs Somerset thread) that this meeting had been rained off and achieved a personal best in the process. You and 9 others liked my post and I got one of these as a result :

star_big.png

POPULAR

Never seen that before, or have I just not been very observant? ;):t:

• Like 1

Not claiming any kind of exclusivity on the prediction business (on here, you've got to joking). But I did post (on the Wolves vs Somerset thread) that this meeting had been rained off and achieved a personal best in the process. You and 9 others liked my post and I got one of these as a result :

star_big.png

POPULAR

Never seen that before, or have I just not been very observant? ;):t:

Well lets see if you or anyone can predict KL team for wed, if it is not rained off.

They have made so many changes and annoyed a few riders that may cause a few ructions.

Even with the changes seen so far I can still see Swindon coming away with some points.

• Like 1

I'm a bit old fashioned. There is a saying that goes something like, "Be true to your own self".

Buster may well have assembled a team that hasn't much hope of making the play-offs, but at least he is his own man. There may be problems with the track, but the way to fix them is not to abandon the cause and forget all about the paying faithful. No one, or two riders are bigger than the sport.

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 5

I'm a bit old fashioned. There is a saying that goes something like, "Be true to own self".

Buster may well have assembled a team that hasn't much hope of making the play-offs, but at least he is his own man. There may be problems with the track, but the way to fix them is not to abandon the cause and forget all about the paying faithful. No one, or two riders are bigger than the sport.

Couldn't agree more with that last sentence. I'd give it a hundred likes if I could

• Like 1